MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GL Class (X164) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x164-77/)
-   -   Long drive coming up - Precautions? (https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x164/405320-long-drive-coming-up-precautions.html)

giffie 06-22-2011 10:23 PM

Long drive coming up - Precautions?

My 2011 BlueTEC has 1500 miles on it and I have a long drive coming up (Miami to Chicago - 1400 miles)
Is there anything I need to get 'checked' before this drive?

I hope the dealer has checked all fluids, etc, before delivery?
(I am not a hands-on auto guy, so I rely on 'experts' to service my vehicles)

---
Also, do you guys know if MB dealerships offer car washes? I hate to ask the dealership about this and sound like a dick :crazy:

Max Blast 06-22-2011 11:34 PM

Tire Pressure. That's about it. Enjoy!
Any MB dealership wanting your business should offer a courtesy wash when your car is in for maintenance.

LEOSOPHIE 06-23-2011 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by giffie (Post 4728156)
My 2011 BlueTEC has 1500 miles on it and I have a long drive coming up (Miami to Chicago - 1400 miles)
Is there anything I need to get 'checked' before this drive?

I hope the dealer has checked all fluids, etc, before delivery?
(I am not a hands-on auto guy, so I rely on 'experts' to service my vehicles)

---
Also, do you guys know if MB dealerships offer car washes? I hate to ask the dealership about this and sound like a dick :crazy:

Local dealership offers lifetime car washes if vehicle is purchased from them.

giffie 06-23-2011 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by LEOSOPHIE (Post 4728350)
Local dealership offers lifetime car washes if vehicle is purchased from them.

Cool! Thanks.. I am going to call them today!

------
Update.. My dealership says that they give free car washes only when I get service done. Not otherwise. *bummer*

Fourdiesel 06-23-2011 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by giffie (Post 4728668)
Cool! Thanks.. I am going to call them today!

------
Update.. My dealership says that they give free car washes only when I get service done. Not otherwise. *bummer*

Mine gives me a free wash (and vacuum) even when I bring the car in to just 'look at' something. And I did NOT buy the car from this dealer - but I will someday - now.
If there are other dealers accessible to you, take the car it for a minor service (check wiper fluid fill, rotate tires, check tire pressure - you get the idea) and see if they just wash it as a matter of course. If they do, go back!:D:D

aeggroup 06-23-2011 08:21 PM

You're guys so funny. You buy $70K car and looking for free car wash, which usually cost about $10. Why???

giffie 06-23-2011 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by aeggroup (Post 4729563)
You're guys so funny. You buy $70K car and looking for free car wash, which usually cost about $10. Why???

Actually, my wife vaguely remembers my sales person telling me that they have free car washes for life. My head was on the pricing/options and wasnt paying attn..
So, if they do have this perk, why waste it, right?

AsianML 06-23-2011 08:50 PM

It's just something you would expect to come with a vehicle of this price, brand, and caliber. Heck, go to any local Toyota dealer here and they'll give you a free carwash no questions asked (if you have a Toyota obviously).

aeggroup 06-23-2011 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML (Post 4729591)
It's just something you would expect to come with a vehicle of this price, brand, and caliber. Heck, go to any local Toyota dealer here and they'll give you a free carwash no questions asked (if you have a Toyota obviously).

And Yes..I agree with you when you're home and when you got free time to go to your local dealer. But, when I drive from NY to Miami - the last thing on my mind is to find MB dealer to wash my car for free.

giffie 06-23-2011 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by aeggroup (Post 4729605)
And Yes..I agree with you when you're home and when you got free time to go to your local dealer. But, when I drive from NY to Miami - the last thing on my mind is to find MB dealer to wash my car for free.

:D No, they are not connected... to the upcoming drive! Just a casual doubt, because my wife said that she had heard about free washes. :D

aeggroup 06-23-2011 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by giffie (Post 4729648)
:D No, they are not connected... to the upcoming drive! Just a casual doubt, because my wife said that she had heard about free washes. :D

Oh..those women :)) I always confused and amazed when my wife goes to Neiman Marcus...buys a bag for $2K with a happiest face. The next day she goes to our local food store to get apples and says - why are they so expensive ? they used to be 70 cents per pound..but now 99c.... :rolf:

Brocktoon 06-23-2011 10:09 PM

I'd grab a couple of litres of oil. That low ash stuff can be hard to find in cities, never mind the boonies. You can consume oil, especially at highway speeds, and still be in spec.

haris3344 06-24-2011 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by aeggroup (Post 4729677)
Oh..those women :)) I always confused and amazed when my wife goes to Neiman Marcus...buys a bag for $2K with a happiest face. The next day she goes to our local food store to get apples and says - why are they so expensive ? they used to be 70 cents per pound..but now 99c.... :rolf:

That's a good one, Women....

haris3344 06-24-2011 02:50 AM

After spending 70k on a car and a house with a huge mortgage, most of us tend to look for deals like free washes, coupons, early bird specials etc. to live our everyday life.

NevadaNick 06-24-2011 10:33 AM

Adding to the women part of this, a friend told me someone stole his wifes credit card but he didnt report it because they spend less than she did.