Gl320 upcoming purchase help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 02:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 Gl320 CDI 160k miles
Gl320 upcoming purchase help

Hello Benz community,

I am about to purchase a GL320 CDI with 168k the only problem is that the ABS EPS inoperative light came on during the rather intensive test-drive. It did go back off and came back on a few times then stayed on for the remainder of the time. I have done TONS of research and I see where the most common problem is the speed sensor(s). My question is will a normal diagnostic tool (like the one you can rent from orielly's) tell me which sensor to replace or will I need the Xentry software? I guess I am looking to see if there is a certain code for each specific wheel sensor malfunction with a generic OBDII scanner or just one umbrella code.

Thank you,

IronPTA
Old 01-16-2018, 11:46 AM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts
2021 V167
Originally Posted by IronPTA
Hello Benz community,

I am about to purchase a GL320 CDI with 168k the only problem is that the ABS EPS inoperative light came on during the rather intensive test-drive. It did go back off and came back on a few times then stayed on for the remainder of the time. I have done TONS of research and I see where the most common problem is the speed sensor(s). My question is will a normal diagnostic tool (like the one you can rent from orielly's) tell me which sensor to replace or will I need the Xentry software? I guess I am looking to see if there is a certain code for each specific wheel sensor malfunction with a generic OBDII scanner or just one umbrella code.

Thank you,

IronPTA
The generic code scanners I do not think will pull any codes related to the ABS module. The full on Mercedes Xentry system will tell you a ton of info. You can put the ABS pump into operation and tell if the issue is with a wheel sensor or the pump. Likely a wheel sensor,
Old 01-17-2018, 02:20 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
Hello Benz community,

Thank you,

IronPTA
at this mileage if you intent to maintain the vehicle yourself you need star/ das. air filter changes even require star/ das to reset engine adaptations.
The following users liked this post:
IronPTA (01-21-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 03:39 PM

I purchased the vehicle and have been driving for about 6 days now. The ABS light only comes on at speeds over 50mph.
I do want the DAS software to be able to maintain the vehicle. I currently have HPTuners which I have used in the past I was hoping they would increase the supported list to accommodate the GL320.
Old 01-28-2018, 01:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 576 Likes on 485 Posts
Now just one GL450 with EORP.
I purchased the vehicle and have been driving for about 6 days now. The ABS light only comes on at speeds over 50mph.
I do want the DAS software to be able to maintain the vehicle. I currently have HPTuners which I have used in the past I was hoping they would increase the supported list to accommodate the GL320.
Look up shardul on this forum, can provide you with full DAS setup.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:54 PM

I have decided to just purchase four wheel speed sensors and replace them all. The software is a grand to buy it outright and to just buy the multiplexer is still over $300 and find the software through other methods. The wife does not like the idea to spend over a grand on the car when all four wheel speed sensors are $50 bucks and about 2 hours of my time. I do have HpTuners which after the software is installed I will try to use the Hp Tuners multiplexer with the xentry software. I am hopeful but not expecting any results.