GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

'12 GL350 died and will not restart

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GL350
'12 GL350 died and will not restart

we have a 2012 GL350 3.0 Bluetec in our shop that came from another shop in boxes. it died suddenly and refused to restart. they diagnosed it as injectors. we do not believe that diagnosis judging by the quality of their other work. I got it back together and replaced the battery under the seat. was having issues getting fuel to both sides of the rail so I checked pressure from the booster pump (after filter) and it was 62 psi. got our scanner to look at rail pressure and it starts at 330 bar and slowly rises to 500 bar where it seems to lock right there. from the little i can find this doesn't seem to be normal. but i can't find much on it can anyone point me in the right direction? if that is normal, why is it having so much trouble feeding both fuel rails? it gets "fair" pressure at the driver's rail with lines cracked, but barely gets the crossover line damp at the passenger side rail. restriction in crossover line? I've checked what i know to check, i'm kinda lost without more info on how this system should behave. thanks in advance
Old 02-08-2018, 02:37 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
Originally Posted by CAAtech
we have a 2012 GL350 3.0 Bluetec in our shop that came from another shop in boxes. it died suddenly and refused to restart. they diagnosed it as injectors. we do not believe that diagnosis judging by the quality of their other work. I got it back together and replaced the battery under the seat. was having issues getting fuel to both sides of the rail so I checked pressure from the booster pump (after filter) and it was 62 psi. got our scanner to look at rail pressure and it starts at 330 bar and slowly rises to 500 bar where it seems to lock right there. from the little i can find this doesn't seem to be normal. but i can't find much on it can anyone point me in the right direction? if that is normal, why is it having so much trouble feeding both fuel rails? it gets "fair" pressure at the driver's rail with lines cracked, but barely gets the crossover line damp at the passenger side rail. restriction in crossover line? I've checked what i know to check, i'm kinda lost without more info on how this system should behave. thanks in advance
300 bar at idle is normal. max is about 2900 bar at wot.

65-70 psi at booster pump is normal

my guess is not injectors.

you need star/ das to troubleshoot this effectively.