GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Climate Control Intermittently Unresponsive and Only Blows Hot Air

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2024, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GL450
Climate Control Intermittently Unresponsive and Only Blows Hot Air

Intermittently, pure hot air blows hard from the interior windshield vents and the two vents by the driver/passenger windows. The climate control settings are lit up and I can change them, however it has no effect, even turning climate control off doesn't stop this, it doesn't respect any of the buttons that are pressed. The middle vents and back vents don't seem to blow anything. I can fiddle with the controls all I want and it has no effect. Occasionally, on the same drive the functionality will suddenly kick in and the climate control will do whatever I have pressed(generally auto and A/C on) -- at this point everything works normally, all climate controls respond as expected.

Any thoughts out there? The only success is basically crossing your fingers, I can press the off button on the climate control and it doesn't turn off this hot air. I can press the A/C button and it has no effect. Seems like things will work fine for 2-4 days, or even a week or so, and then suddenly the hot air issue occurs for a couple days until the thing changes it's mind again.