MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GL Class (X166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x166-173/)
-   -   Finally - GL350 Bluetec designo - PICS (https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x166/494154-finally-gl350-bluetec-designo-pics.html)

Joyride 04-02-2013 10:47 AM

Finally - GL350 Bluetec designo - PICS

4 Attachment(s)
The long awaited waiting game has come to an end. I was finally able to pick up the GL yesterday. In all it's glory and beauty it was waiting in the showroom for me. It met and exceeded my expectations. The brown designo interior with the satin wood finish looks gorgeous. I got a lot of comments from the staff at the dealership. They say it's one of the nicest interiors on the GL they have seen, so I am totally happy with my choice. Before we get into some other topics I will be bringing up, I will post some pictures for everyone to enjoy. :)

Joyride 04-02-2013 10:55 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are more...

Joyride 04-02-2013 11:05 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Interior Shots

Joyride 04-02-2013 11:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
And three more...

Fung63 04-02-2013 11:14 AM

congrats!

the amg appearance package makes it look so much better!

JoeMa 04-02-2013 11:30 AM

Joyride - beautiful, it must feel like you're in GL 63. How does the Bang and Olufsen system sound?

JimBarnhart 04-02-2013 11:37 AM

Very nice, congratulations!

cookstar 04-02-2013 11:58 AM

curious to know how many KM was it on delivery?

Joyride 04-02-2013 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMa (Post 5599349)
Joyride - beautiful, it must feel like you're in GL 63. How does the Bang and Olufsen system sound?

To be honest, I haven't had too much time to play with it. However in my previous GL i didn't even have Harman/Kardon, so it's defiantly a much nicer, deeper and cleaner sound. I had just my iPhone hooked up to this, and it sounds not bad at all, curious to what it will sound like once I throw in a high quality DVD/CD myself. But it for sure is sweet "looks" wise, although that is not the reason for buying a high priced B&O system...

Joyride 04-02-2013 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 5599374)
curious to know how many KM was it on delivery?

:) It showed 26 km in the showroom. How about yours?

Joyride 04-02-2013 01:30 PM

Ok, here is the other thing I was going to bring up. When I made the deal with the dealer, they were going to throw in the iPad Docking Stations (Powered/Charging Ones). Yesterday I got a good surprise (at first I thought April Fools Day), but in all seriousness I was told: The iPad Docking Stations as rear entertainment option are not available for the GL (X166) in Canada. I said: You guys are pulling my leg, it has to be. Now I find out that it was ordered without the RSE pre wiring. Here is my question: Is it available or not, because I swear I recall coming across them in different brochures and magazines. They tell me, there is nothing of such nature in their parts system. What is the correct part number for it, and is there a way to install, if your vehicle is not prewired? Because the way I understand, it just draws power for charging, the audio is streamed via Bluetooth to the head unit. Any suggestions, thoughts, input?

vertrkr 04-02-2013 01:46 PM

Doesn't look like the lower dash is wrapped. I was told this option was included with the Designo interior. Perhaps it's not on the 350 or a US/Canada difference.

Joyride 04-02-2013 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by vertrkr (Post 5599513)
Doesn't look like the lower dash is wrapped. I was told this option was included with the Designo interior. Perhaps it's not on the 350 or a US/Canada difference.

Wasn't aware this option was available. On my designo this is not the case :nix:

blittle 04-02-2013 05:19 PM

Beautiful! Have fun checking all the stuff out..... I have had a blast doing so! How do you like the "open pore wood?" I think it really adds a "finished touch" to the whole thing!

sraza 04-02-2013 06:53 PM

Firstly- congrats!
secondly- you definitely have the lower wrapped dash in premium leather- can see it all all ove the lower dash, around the key button, and on all the doors!!! you definitely have it, no question of a doubt.. the stitching on designo is much finer than mb tex wrapped dash stitching. you can see around the key, over the glove compartment and the doors- looks awesome..!
thirdly- RSE and ipad docking has to be available - heck everyone else in the world gets it- makes no sense at al, or dealer is misinformed..

fourthly, again- congrats! looks beautiful, enjoy it safely..

sraza 04-02-2013 06:57 PM

the open pore def adds a lot of class and a finished touch-- its way different than anything out there- the glossy finishes are nice too but for a change the satin dash makes a difference- finally no more finger smudges and visible dirt!

i would like you to compare your B&O to a HK (old or new) I've personally never heard b&o on a gl but didnt get it as i was told it sounds like you'r in a room and loss of spare tire, i'd be interested in knowing how good and effective the bass is, i expect it to rock- i mean heck they took out the spare to put this system in...!

cookstar 04-02-2013 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Joyride (Post 5599479)
:) It showed 26 km in the showroom. How about yours?

I think it was 12.9 or 13.9

car looks great btw, very exclusive options you got in the interior.

Joyride 04-02-2013 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by sraza (Post 5599917)
Firstly- congrats!
secondly- you definitely have the lower wrapped dash in premium leather- can see it all all ove the lower dash, around the key button, and on all the doors!!! you definitely have it, no question of a doubt.. the stitching on designo is much finer than mb tex wrapped dash stitching. you can see around the key, over the glove compartment and the doors- looks awesome..!
thirdly- RSE and ipad docking has to be available - heck everyone else in the world gets it- makes no sense at al, or dealer is misinformed..

fourthly, again- congrats! looks beautiful, enjoy it safely..

Thank you! You are absolutely right, I just checked, and I do have the wrapped lower dash. Didn't even realize it at first. It is very nice, looks amazing, very nice touch.

Joyride 04-02-2013 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by sraza (Post 5599926)
the open pore def adds a lot of class and a finished touch-- its way different than anything out there- the glossy finishes are nice too but for a change the satin dash makes a difference- finally no more finger smudges and visible dirt!

i would like you to compare your B&O to a HK (old or new) I've personally never heard b&o on a gl but didnt get it as i was told it sounds like you'r in a room and loss of spare tire, i'd be interested in knowing how good and effective the bass is, i expect it to rock- i mean heck they took out the spare to put this system in...!

Just spent some time in the car and played with the stereo. First impression: Amazing. Glad I went for it. It's crisp and clear in the high end, and deep clean bass in the low end. No rattling or distortion even if you crank it up. It's more than one can handle when playing very loud for a while. The different settings are a plus, you have a few options to adjust it to your liking. I played with a regular CD. Next I will try it with a blue ray DVD and see how it sounds. Should be even better. It's worth it for me loosing the spare over it. :zoom:

Joyride 04-02-2013 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 5600201)
I think it was 12.9 or 13.9

car looks great btw, very exclusive options you got in the interior.

I absolutely love my interior. It is stunning. The stitching and diamond shaped pattern makes it look very high end. And the leather shows its high end, very soft and smooth to the touch. Almost to scared to sit in it :)

Joyride 04-02-2013 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by blittle (Post 5599804)
Beautiful! Have fun checking all the stuff out..... I have had a blast doing so! How do you like the "open pore wood?" I think it really adds a "finished touch" to the whole thing!

The open pore is nice. Something different for a change, plus it goes very well with the auburn brown designo.

Joyride 04-10-2013 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Joyride (Post 5599489)
Ok, here is the other thing I was going to bring up. When I made the deal with the dealer, they were going to throw in the iPad Docking Stations (Powered/Charging Ones). Yesterday I got a good surprise (at first I thought April Fools Day), but in all seriousness I was told: The iPad Docking Stations as rear entertainment option are not available for the GL (X166) in Canada. I said: You guys are pulling my leg, it has to be. Now I find out that it was ordered without the RSE pre wiring. Here is my question: Is it available or not, because I swear I recall coming across them in different brochures and magazines. They tell me, there is nothing of such nature in their parts system. What is the correct part number for it, and is there a way to install, if your vehicle is not prewired? Because the way I understand, it just draws power for charging, the audio is streamed via Bluetooth to the head unit. Any suggestions, thoughts, input?

Can anybody comment on the above please? Talked to my dealer yesterday (parts department) and they assured me again that these are not available in Canada, and there is nothing of such nature in their system. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I told them to get it from the US in that case, but they don't want to do it because they wouldn't buy at dealer cost, and they don't want to deal with customs clearance. They did charge me for the option however when I bought the GL as that was part of my deal with them. Now that the GL has been delivered nobody wants to take responsibility and they seem to put it on the long bench without doing anything about it. I think they realized that they sold too cheap (we agreed on $800 installed), and now they seem to play games. What would you do?

cookstar 04-10-2013 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Joyride (Post 5609310)
Can anybody comment on the above please? Talked to my dealer yesterday (parts department) and they assured me again that these are not available in Canada, and there is nothing of such nature in their system. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I told them to get it from the US in that case, but they don't want to do it because they wouldn't buy at dealer cost, and they don't want to deal with customs clearance. They did charge me for the option however when I bought the GL as that was part of my deal with them. Now that the GL has been delivered nobody wants to take responsibility and they seem to put it on the long bench without doing anything about it. I think they realized that they sold too cheap (we agreed on $800 installed), and now they seem to play games. What would you do?

Out of experience I can tell you if you call MB Canada and specifically tell them the problem and the problems that the dealer (and if applicable sales person) has caused you they will tear the dealership a new one, if your claim makes sense you will get a positive result, your dealer will call you and make it up to you because MB will not want to lose a customer over something legitimate.... of course this all depends on how legitimate your claim/concern/complaint is.

wally AMG 04-10-2013 10:53 PM

Congrats !! love the AMG ap. package !! Nice Nice!

Joyride 04-11-2013 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 5609332)
Out of experience I can tell you if you call MB Canada and specifically tell them the problem and the problems that the dealer (and if applicable sales person) has caused you they will tear the dealership a new one, if your claim makes sense you will get a positive result, your dealer will call you and make it up to you because MB will not want to lose a customer over something legitimate.... of course this all depends on how legitimate your claim/concern/complaint is.

Thanks cookstar. I've been thinking about that. At the same time I don't want to get the dealer into trouble, they have been very good, actually great to me in the past and always (especially the sales department). I'll talk to them one more time to get their act together. Usually once a vehicle is sold and delivered it's easy to "forget" about it and concentrate on the next sale... It seems like there is always a "battle" going on between the different departments within a dealership. Sales push it on Parts, Parts shovel it back to sales, etc. Hope to have that resolved soon. I did write MB Canada an email, asking for confirmation on availability in Canada and Part Numbers. We'll see what they come back with. If nothing, I will give them a call...