GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Rear DVD Headrests

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL 350
Post 2014 GL 350 iPod Classic HOW TO Sound

I was trying on an older 80GB (5G I believe) iPod to play videos through command. This would produce video but no audio. Using the newest "classic" 160 GB iPod however works correctly. You can play 640x480 videos and watch using Splitview and simultaneously through the rear seat entertainment package. Command does NOT sort video names correctly. I have opened a ticket with MB on this issue. I was concerned that I would have to use some analog way to display video, and thankfully I do not. The video looks incredibly good, and finally my spouse can watch whatever we have on that device with the rear passengers. Lightning versions of this type of scenario do not appear to work, but iPhones (and other lightning devices) are typically too constrained for space. From what I can tell - Command is reading the file from the drive but taking the audio input from the 30-pin adapter. The change in pinouts between iPod versions must explain why sound was not working correctly with an older model. If Command was getting both audio and video from the file I can think of no reason that the sound wouldn't have worked with the older iPod.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML550, RS5
Sorry to resurrect this old thread...im trying to do exactly what you are describing with an ipod touch 4th gen. I think i picked up the 30pin adapter from the last gen media interface because all it does is charge. Can someone who has the video working through media interface confirm the part number?

I picked up my car preowned and the cable is missing.