MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GL Class (X166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x166-173/)
-   -   Options on GL450 (https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x166/523961-options-gl450.html)

mike.figy 12-14-2013 10:00 AM

Options on GL450

I am looking to buy a new GL450 and deciding on which options to pick as there are number of them and quite pricey.

I have already decided to go with Premium 1 package but would like to get opinions on the value vs. cost of below options

1. Panoramic Sunroof
2. Appearance Package
3. Lane Assist Package
4. Park Assist Package
5. Lighting Package
6. Keyless GO

If I have to pick only 2 options which one should I pick.

Please advise so that I can order my GL450.

Mike

blittle 12-14-2013 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by mike.figy (Post 5874911)
I am looking to buy a new GL450 and deciding on which options to pick as there are number of them and quite pricey.

I have already decided to go with Premium 1 package but would like to get opinions on the value vs. cost of below options

1. Panoramic Sunroof
2. Appearance Package
3. Lane Assist Package
4. Park Assist Package
5. Lighting Package
6. Keyless GO

If I have to pick only 2 options which one should I pick.

Please advise so that I can order my GL450.

Mike

Well…its all in what YOU want….but after having owned 3 GL's I find that of your list, my thoughts are these: Pano roof…. not for me. Apperance package…..lot of money for just looks. Park Assist…. I have it, and its useless except for the 360 camera. Lighting package and keyless go are helpful, functional and two that I could NOT be without.

cookstar 12-14-2013 10:17 AM

go big or go home, you will get ZERO return on your investment in options when you go to sell the vehicle, so forget about it. If your leasing than I would go for the park assist which gives you the 360 cameras. cant believe they charge for keyless go !!!!

octurbo 12-14-2013 11:05 AM

Keyless go and parking assist- that's the 2 that I got. I think running boards are a must, especially if u have little kids

mike.figy 12-14-2013 11:26 AM

Thanks for the input.

Below are the two options I was researching-- please advise which one is better option. I am in Houston area. Both options are Black color and in good condition from dealer.

2013 GL450 with 12500 miles with Premium 1 package -- 59k

2013 GL450 with only 3k miles with Premium 1, Panoramic Sunroof, Appearance Package, Lane Assist Package, Park Assist Package, Lighting Package, Keyless GO, Entertainment wiring, Harmon Surround -- 71k

paomien 12-14-2013 11:12 PM

the two options you have listed that would add to the resale of the vehicle would be the pano roof and the appearance package. I realize most would say they are worthless options, but being in the wholesale business for years and years and running cars at the auction, I can say with a pano roof and appearance package you get back at least what you paid for those options.

fabbrisd1 12-15-2013 02:13 AM

Well...

I hope you get off to a smoother start... one "advantage" of a low-mileage/late-model GL - from a MB dealer is that Mercedes Certified assures you of inspection/non-collision - and also adds a additional 1yr Mercedes Certifed warranty - on top of remaning Mercedes new car warranty left on the vehicle - and that CPO warranty has a 100K mileage cap, versus the 50K mileage cap on the new car warranty.

So... inspection and CPO costs the dealer like $900 - plus whatever service was required to meet CPO standards...

That said - there are (7) CPO 2013 GL450's in Houston at the moment - p[erhaps 2 or 3 less that may have been sold this past weekend and not updated in the system.

On your $59K GL - if you are getting a $64K/$65K listed CPO for $59K - then specs/features/MSRP in line with $70K+ all OK that would be A-OK.

The $71K 2013 - well none of that type of spec are listed as CPO.. buyer beware..for a $78K+ - then get CPO added in - and if not walk away.

Keep the beat !

jcbutta 12-15-2013 08:04 AM

Keyless Go and Lighting Package. Those are the 2 I could never live without.

JimBarnhart 12-15-2013 09:49 AM

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I would never by an MB without a lighting package. The difference between them and halogens is dramatic. The only exception would be if you live and drive exclusively in the city, it might not be an issue.

I like Keyless go and would probably always get that now. I also have lane assist and do like it. I find it helps keep me attentive and makes me a better driver.

hotgl450 12-15-2013 11:39 AM

For me I like the appearance and lighting package. If you can squeeze in one more get the Park Assist, my wife loves it.