MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GL Class (X166) (https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x166-173/)
-   -   Returning vehicle at lease end. (https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x166/573447-returning-vehicle-lease-end.html)

Axxlrod 02-03-2015 03:41 PM

Returning vehicle at lease end.

Doing some long range planning here, as the lease on our GL is up next June (2016).

The original tires are about done, so looking to replace them. Anybody know the rules on tires as far as lease return is concerned? Does the car have to have the exact same tires that it originally came with? It came with Pirellis, but I rather go with Michelin next. Will it be a problem when I return the car at lease end if it has Michelin rather than Pirelli tires on it?

Also, it seems that our lease timing is less than optimal, as it looks like the facelift GLS will start production in July 2016; one month after our lease ends. I don't want to start a new lease 1 month before the new model starts production.

Anybody ever heard of MB Financial extending a lease for say 6 months or so?

Ah_gl450 02-03-2015 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Axxlrod (Post 6318318)
The original tires are about done, so looking to replace them. Anybody know the rules on tires as far as lease return is concerned? Does the car have to have the exact same tires that it originally came with? It came with Pirellis, but I rather go with Michelin next. Will it be a problem when I return the car at lease end if it has Michelin rather than Pirelli tires on it?

No, does not matter which brand the tire is, as long as the size is kept the same.

Also, it seems that our lease timing is less than optimal, as it looks like the facelift GLS will start production in July 2016; one month after our lease ends. I don't want to start a new lease 1 month before the new model starts production.

You can extend your lease for a maximum of 4 months (last time i asked) at the same mileage and monthly rate.

Axxlrod 02-03-2015 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ah_gl450 (Post 6318356)
No, does not matter which brand the tire is, as long as the size is kept the same.

That makes sense.

You can extend your lease for a maximum of 4 months (last time i asked) at the same mileage and monthly rate.

That's excellent news. Any link you can point me to to read more about that?

mist68 02-03-2015 05:20 PM

My wife extended her lease on E Class by one year waiting for the 2014 revised E class. Just ask.

fabbrisd1 02-03-2015 11:08 PM

Sure - MBFS will "extend" month-to-month at same rate - assuming mileage is in line.

cookstar 02-04-2015 10:39 AM

Doing some long range planning here, as the lease on our GL is up next June (2016).

I extended the lease on my older gen GL before the new gen came out, The problem was that the rate was higher, maybe $100-$200 more per month. They will work with you if you are buying or leasing another MB product. Customer retention is their number 1 priority.

Ah_gl450 02-04-2015 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Axxlrod (Post 6318435)
That's excellent news. Any link you can point me to to read more about that?

You can call MBFS, they'll give you all the info.

FormerGLdriver 02-06-2015 03:54 PM

Yup, extended my last lease by six months, same terms.

The tires, they're looking for tires that can reasonably be expected on a car of that caliber. Just go to a tire chain and get some good tires put on it and you'll be fine and pay way less than if you went to the dealership.

twodivers 02-24-2015 08:39 PM

The 2016 GLS (refreshed GL) will begin production this summer. Order guide soon to be released, with orders starting in Q2. This is info I received from MB corporate. My lease on our W166 is up this June, and I am looking to extend it also so that I can pick up the mid-life refreshed GL. I hope the info I got is correct, as the X166 was 1 year behind the W166, so I'm not sure the X166 will be refreshed this year. Fingers crossed!

tate16t 02-24-2015 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by twodivers (Post 6342509)
The 2016 GLS (refreshed GL) will begin production this summer. Order guide soon to be released, with orders starting in Q2. This is info I received from MB corporate. My lease on our W166 is up this June, and I am looking to extend it also so that I can pick up the mid-life refreshed GL. I hope the info I got is correct, as the X166 was 1 year behind the W166, so I'm not sure the X166 will be refreshed this year. Fingers crossed!

I also thought the 2016 GLS (refreshed GL) will begin production this summer. Can anyone else confirm?

JimBarnhart 02-25-2015 02:48 PM

It's a good question, nobody seems to know for sure, but it's assumed. Well, somebody knows, but they aren't talking.

In the past the ML has gotten the upgrade (both refresh and new model) 1 year before the GL. It seems like the 2015 ML did not get a refresh. Following this conventional wisdom, that would say the GL wouldn't get refreshed until 2017 at the earliest, assuming the ML got a refresh in 2016. However, most of us are betting on a refresh in 2016 across all SUVs as they introduce the new model numbers (GLC, GLE, GLS).