GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

anyone ever used Blizzaks on the GL?

Old 09-16-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 350
anyone ever used Blizzaks on the GL?

Tire rack has a sale on DM V1s. They are studless ice and snow not high performance winter tires.

I have always used H rated high perf. tires since SUVs don't need as much assistance with snow traction as a 2 wheel drive vehicle. The obvious benefit of the high perf. tire being a better drive when the pavement is dry.

So has anyone used Blizzaks on the GL specifically the DM V1s which are an older design?

I'm sure they're great on snow and ice, but my question is are they squishy and noisy on dry pavement? The tire rack reviews seem positive. Just figured I'd try the board as well. Thanks,

DRP
Attached Thumbnails anyone ever used Blizzaks on the GL?-bliz.jpg  
Old 09-17-2015, 11:25 AM

2013 GL550
drpesq - I ran this exact tire last winter. Great tire in snow and it felt and sounded fine in the dry. As a matter of fact I have these tires in 275/45R20 mounted on OZ Superturismo Dakar Matte graphite wheels that I will be selling soon. 4K miles on the tires/wheels. I bought a 2016 S7 so the GL is gone. If any of you in the Chicago area are interested let me know.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:05 PM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
No experience w/ a GL but I have the same tires on my ML for the winter. 1st used them on my former '10 Acura MDX for 1 season before I traded it for the ML. The stock Dunlops sucked in the snow the 1st winter w/ this truck. For the 2nd winter I bought an extra set of wheels and had these tires mounted onto them. Huge difference stopping, turning, etc. Going into the 4th season w/ them and plenty of tread left. Not noisy or anything on the cold dry days. A bonus is being able to run Goodyear Eagle F1 summer performance tires during the summer months which are excellent esp in rain and standing water. Best of both worlds for each season
Old 09-17-2015, 06:13 PM

GL 350
Originally Posted by BMcD-E500
drpesq - I ran this exact tire last winter. Great tire in snow and it felt and sounded fine in the dry. As a matter of fact I have these tires in 275/45R20 mounted on OZ Superturismo Dakar Matte graphite wheels that I will be selling soon. 4K miles on the tires/wheels. I bought a 2016 S7 so the GL is gone. If any of you in the Chicago area are interested let me know.
Sounds like a nice setup. I actually got an extra set of the stock 20 inch wheels off of this forum last month. I'm going to get the Blizzaks in 255/55 20 as the thinner tires do better in the snow.

Thanks for the feedback.
DRP