GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

AutoPreme Prices (2 Weeks Away from Launch!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 10:50 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Maserati Grand Turismo Sport
AutoPreme Prices (2 Weeks Away from Launch!)

We are just 2 weeks away from launching our KickStarter Campaign, meaning we will be taking new orders, we are proud to announce our pricing as well!

www.autopreme.com

We will be offering a set of AutoPreme Floor Mats starting at a low price of $280 (only for Early Birds).The KickStarter prices will be very discounted from our retail price, so make sure to purchase them as soon as we launch!*The early bird deals will run out very quickly!

Kickstarter Starting Early Bird Price: $280

Retail Price of a set of AutoPreme Floor Mats: $450-$550

Old 05-04-2016, 07:27 AM
mtm

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts
gl450
are these the same ones from China that sell for $130-$180 on aliexpress.com? I have their rear cargo mat and it has a terrible chemical/glue smell, to the point that I had to get it out of the car (still there after 3 weeks in the garage) and the material that they call durable synthetic leather is simply cheap vinyl with backing that peels off easily.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:24 PM

Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 AMG
Originally Posted by mtm
are these the same ones from China that sell for $130-$180 on aliexpress.com? I have their rear cargo mat and it has a terrible chemical/glue smell, to the point that I had to get it out of the car (still there after 3 weeks in the garage) and the material that they call durable synthetic leather is simply cheap vinyl with backing that peels off easily.
Photos are the same so I would say yes. They can be purchased on amazon.com as well.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 Maserati Grand Turismo Sport
We realize the pictures may be similar, however we can assure you that our product is different.

Why AutoPreme > Other Similar Chinese Mats?

Although the pictures of our products may look similar, the quality of the products are extremely different.

Here are just a few reasons why they are different:

1. Just from the pictures, anyone can see that the stitching on the other Chinese mats is with only one thread (making it less durable) while AutoPreme mats have more than one stitching
2. The heel grip for the other Chinese mats are plastic while AutoPreme mats use metal heel grips with rubber nibs. We will also be offering a carbon fiber heel grip option.
3. The molds for the other Chinese mats are not firm because they do not have a mold to help it retain its shape. They simply stitch pieces together, rather than making one whole firm mold on the bottom. This can make a big difference when it comes to durability and waterproof ability. AutoPreme mats are custom made with the specific molds of each car to ensure a perfect fit

These 3 reasons are just from the pictures themselves. If you were to compare the two products in person, there would be a clear difference in quality. We encourage you to make a purchase from both parties and see the differences yourself. If our customer service, product quality, warranty policy, turnaround, packaging design and delivery speed cannot beat theirs, we are more than happy to give you a full refund.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:34 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 - GL 550
Originally Posted by Autopreme
We realize the pictures may be similar, however we can assure you that our product is different.

Why AutoPreme > Other Similar Chinese Mats?

Although the pictures of our products may look similar, the quality of the products are extremely different.

Here are just a few reasons why they are different:

1. Just from the pictures, anyone can see that the stitching on the other Chinese mats is with only one thread (making it less durable) while AutoPreme mats have more than one stitching
2. The heel grip for the other Chinese mats are plastic while AutoPreme mats use metal heel grips with rubber nibs. We will also be offering a carbon fiber heel grip option.
3. The molds for the other Chinese mats are not firm because they do not have a mold to help it retain its shape. They simply stitch pieces together, rather than making one whole firm mold on the bottom. This can make a big difference when it comes to durability and waterproof ability. AutoPreme mats are custom made with the specific molds of each car to ensure a perfect fit

These 3 reasons are just from the pictures themselves. If you were to compare the two products in person, there would be a clear difference in quality. We encourage you to make a purchase from both parties and see the differences yourself. If our customer service, product quality, warranty policy, turnaround, packaging design and delivery speed cannot beat theirs, we are more than happy to give you a full refund.
Thanks for reverting back, what about the product SMELL what the other poster mentioned.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2017, 06:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
X166
over 1 year late to the game to get in on that kickstarter...oh well, those are nice mats your making; i configured my set totaled around 1,500 ouch.

good luck with your product !
Old 03-13-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GL550 & 2013 Mini Cooper
ebay & alibaba has them for around $100-$200 - Has anybody tried them?

The ad says they dont smell foul...not sure if the smell issue that MTM mentioned has been rectified
Old 03-13-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2015 GL 350 Bluetec
Originally Posted by vroooom
ebay & alibaba has them for around $100-$200 - Has anybody tried them?

The ad says they dont smell foul...not sure if the smell issue that MTM mentioned has been rectified
Yeah, I bought some from AliExpress and they are really nice. It's the same thing these guys are selling but a whole lot cheaper...
Old 03-14-2017, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 134 Posts
W140 Mercedes S350, W221 S550 sport
Originally Posted by smartbot
Yeah, I bought some from AliExpress and they are really nice. It's the same thing these guys are selling but a whole lot cheaper...
not exactlt. AutoPreme is REAL LEATHER.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:11 PM

GL 550
I ordered some very similar mats from Aliexpress for around $120. Took almost two months to float their way over, but they are actually fantastic. No odor and the diamond stitching complement the Designo seats very well.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:14 PM

GL 550
Originally Posted by Jason B
not exactlt. AutoPreme is REAL LEATHER.
While I agree they're not exactly the same AutoPreme does not use "REAL LEATHER". Says so on their website.

https://www.autopreme.com/pages/faqs

Click "Materials".

They are calling it "PremeLeather". Ricardo Montalban used to call it "Corinthian Leather". Most people call it vinyl. Same thing as the Chinese sellers.

That said, I'm sure there are qualitative differences. Perhaps it is thicker, or has a better driver's side pad. But for the price, it's hard to beat the cheaper ones.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Darknight
I ordered some very similar mats from Aliexpress for around $120. Took almost two months to float their way over, but they are actually fantastic. No odor and the diamond stitching complement the Designo seats very well.
Do you mind sharing some pics for us?
Old 03-15-2017, 10:33 PM

GL 550
Originally Posted by vroooom
Do you mind sharing some pics for us?
Sure! Looks like they need a vacuuming, but here are a couple shots.

Right Front

Left Rear
Old 03-16-2017, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Darknight
Sure! Looks like they need a vacuuming, but here are a couple shots.

Right Front

Left Rear
Thanks for the pics.

How are they doing with snow and rain?
Old 03-16-2017, 01:20 PM

GL 550
We haven't gotten a lot of snow this season, but what little we've gotten the mats have done fine. One thing I hadn't considered, since they are leather-like, a simple vacuuming isn't sufficient, they also have to be damp wiped to look decent. Not a huge deal, but a factor.