GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Info - Replace factory Xenon bulb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 02:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
2014 GL450
Info - Replace factory Xenon bulb

Hi,

Just thought I'd share this in case people run into this. One of my Xenon bulbs went out recently and I couldn't find any info on how to replace it. After a while of pain and suffering, I discovered MB actually made it very easy for anyone to replace.

To replace the bulb, all you do is turn the wheel in, or remove it if you prefer. I didn't remove it, I just turned the wheel all the way in, so if you're replacing the passenger side bulb, turn the steering wheel all the way left, and vice-versa. On the fender liner you will find that there's an access door held with a trim clip. Remove that clip and slide the door back and that will get you the easy access needed to replace your bulb. This ought to save you a trip to the dealer and a good amount of money.

I found the same bulb from factory (Philips) on Amazon for $60. Color temperature is the same and everything is in working order.
The following 5 users liked this post by drloco:
Darknight (04-11-2017), ihart123 (06-24-2019), Neurobit (04-11-2017), rominl (04-12-2017), srfrboy (04-12-2017)