GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Odd GPS Beeping sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 06:37 PM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
GL350 Bluetec and GLS580
Odd GPS Beeping sound

One day last week my GPS automatically stored a location near my job and since then it beeps when I'm close to that area. I deleted the stored location immediately last week but it continues to beep non stop and has a weird red centered cross hair when in that area. Also, several "I" icons show up on the screen as if there is "information" I can click on.

Does anyone know what's going on? It automatically stored a friend of mines address once too but I don't get the beeping sound.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:35 PM

GL350 Bluetec and GLS580
The beeping stopped after I removed my memory card and deleted some files placed on it by the Command system. I still don't know why or how they got there.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
W211-E55 AMG & x166-GL550
had that happen to me recently too. I figured out that it was not only because I stored the location, but I inadvertently made it a personal point of interest.
In my navigation settings, I had the system configured to provide an audible alert anytime I was at/near a personal POI.
Once I figured that out, I simply removed the location from the POI (didn't have to remove the stored location) ... and all was back to normal.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:50 AM

GL350 Bluetec and GLS580
Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by Eric_55AMG
had that happen to me recently too. I figured out that it was not only because I stored the location, but I inadvertently made it a personal point of interest.
In my navigation settings, I had the system configured to provide an audible alert anytime I was at/near a personal POI.
Once I figured that out, I simply removed the location from the POI (didn't have to remove the stored location) ... and all was back to normal.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my 2016 gl350
Thank you sooo much

Originally Posted by Eric_55AMG
thank you sooooo much, I had the same problem, which is now resolved!