GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

2015 GL550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 GL550
2015 GL550

My key fob is not working. I replaced the batteries and did some other troubleshooting, however the key fob is still not functioning at all. My doors do not lock or unlock. The panic button and truck release do not work as well. I'd like to check the fuse that controls the key fob to make sure that it is not blown. I have reviewed the fuse diagram for my vehicle, however I am not clear on what specific fuse to check. If anyone has any information they would be willing to provide, that would be very much appreciated.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Refer to Owner's Manual starting pg#42 - I believe your 2nd row fuse box - should have fuse chart inside - but frankly I don't think there is a single/"master fuse for all those combined functions - but heck you can check.

I assume you can start the GL with the Keyless Start button - and your Keyless entry still works ?

Have you tried your 2nd key and it doesn't work either - or you don't have 2nd key fob - which is it ?

Battery replacement - so with new battery - when you press Fob lock or unlock function - you see the ref-light-indicator light up on the fob ?

You mention - "other troubleshooting" - did you suspect you got your key wet or what ?

Happy to help - frankly the problem may lie in that specific key.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 GLS 550 & 2016 SLK300
Surprised Fab didn't tell you to try new (different brand) batteries in the FOB. In one of ours we swapped batteries with brand new ones multiple times with no success, to be clear three packs of Duracell from different stores. We stopped by dealer, he swapped the Duracell for Panasonic (believe that is the right brand) and instantly all was good. He said it really is that simple, these FOBS are very specific on battery needs.