GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

2014 GL450 rear entertainment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
2014 GL450 rear entertainment

This has probably been posted I am just new to this forum and don't know where to look. I just bought a 2014 with the rear DVD system didn't have remote or headphones I took the old ones from my 2011 the remote works but not the headphones. I read that the new headphones are Bluetooth so I bought a pair along with remote and they don't work. 1- are is the new system BT and 2- do I have to get them programmed at dealer any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 GL 350 Bluetec
[QUOTE=clarencelyles;7458480]This has probably been posted I am just new to this forum and don't know where to look. I just bought a 2014 with the rear DVD system didn't have remote or headphones I took the old ones from my 2011 the remote works but not the headphones. I read that the new headphones are Bluetooth so I bought a pair along with remote and they don't work. 1- are is the new system BT and 2- do I have to get them programmed at dealer any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.[/QUOTEt
Not sure if you ever found your answer, but no you cannot do it yourself. It has to be taken to the dealership for them to sync it with your vehicle. Headphones are like $130 or something because unfortunately my child broke one and we had to bite the bullet for another...that is when I found it didn't work and the dealer had to sync it.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
Gl450 dvd trouble

I’m having trouble getting a picture on the rear screens. I have enabled the command from the front to operate the rear entertainment system. We are getting sound but no picture. The screen is just black. I’ve read through the instruction manual but can’t seem to figure out what we’re doing wrong. It happens intermittently...sometimes it works and we have picture and other times it doesn’t. It’s weird. On a weird setting, maybe? Any ideas?