GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Easy-Entry 2nd Row Headrest Wont Drop. Also 3rd row seat is Dead.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 04:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL450
Easy-Entry 2nd Row Headrest Wont Drop. Also 3rd row seat is Dead.

Hi does anybody here has an issue of the 3rd row seat wont fold tried on all the 3 location of the switches. check the fuses all is good. Second row seat folds but now all the headrest wont drop when pressing the switch. checked all wiring is all connected no blown fuses. All happened at the same time. any solution for this? I just want to know if somebody here has a fix for it before dealership ask for my arm & leg. I know the motor of the rear seat is good rarely use no grind nothing stuck and both left and right stop at the same time. thanks in advance.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 gl550
Originally Posted by Inarein_Vegas
Hi does anybody here has an issue of the 3rd row seat wont fold tried on all the 3 location of the switches. check the fuses all is good. Second row seat folds but now all the headrest wont drop when pressing the switch. checked all wiring is all connected no blown fuses. All happened at the same time. any solution for this? I just want to know if somebody here has a fix for it before dealership ask for my arm & leg. I know the motor of the rear seat is good rarely use no grind nothing stuck and both left and right stop at the same time. thanks in advance.

i haven't had any issues like that yet but maybe there's a way to disable easy entry? are you sure it's not the fuse? try swapping fuse with same spec.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL450
I did check the fuse both side has 12.4v checked the switches and there is no power at all. maybe issue with the wiring somewhere coz I connected the motor directly to 12v and its working. I have a appointment already for this Thursday hope fully something cheap and easy to fix. thanks
Old 11-09-2018, 07:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 ML430
Fuse, perhaps?

Last edited by demichae; 11-09-2018 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Wrong entry.