GL63 AMG and GLS63 (X166, X167) 2014 - present (Two generations)

GL63 AMG Seat Adjustment Help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 07:09 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
AMG GLS63
GL63 AMG Seat Adjustment Help?

Hi all

Just picked up a 13 year GL63 and here in the UK the GL63 comes with factory multi contour front seats, but mine dont have any adjustment for the seat base side bolster width, they have the other adjustments but not this one, and this was the main one I wanted as I found the ML63 166 seats I had before were tight in the seat base width.

There's no option for dynamic seat to be active, is there more than one type of multi contour seat, does anyone else find that they cant adjust the seat base cushion width? The manual has it shown but says "The availability of this function depends on the type of seat and the vehicle model series" however I assumed that being the top model in the range and having multi contour that this would be available and the note is for none multi contour seat optioned vehicles?

Anyone with a GL63 not got this too, not sure if the spec if different in the USA to the UK but would sure appreciate the help on this, the standard width is most uncomfortable, I really didnt know I wouldnt get this option until Id paid and collected it.

Thanks

Carl
Old 05-05-2017, 11:21 AM
GP8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLE63s
hmmm my GLE 63 has the standard controls and i can adjust the depth of the seat but not the width. I dont think ive ever owned a car with the Width option.

If you meant Depth, you can adjust bu pushing the base seat control forwards and backwards, although it doesnt look like a seperate piece of leather, the seat actually stretches forwards and backwards.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 gl 550
What size weels is good for 2014 gl 550.I like to put it 22x10.5.like to the weels is even with the outside fender.what is the ET number is fitt.thanks