GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

Upgrade to autodim, compass, homelink rearview mirror

Old 01-16-2018, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 C300
Upgrade to autodim, compass, homelink rearview mirror

I bought a CLA mirror off Ebay to replace my plain mirror. I got everything hooked up except for the blue cable. The original mirror only had one cable. Does anyone know where this should be connected and can give me photos? I called Mercedes and was told that it was incompatible. Does this mean it can't be upgraded or I can't install the CLA mirror on my 2016 GLA 250? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched and searched the internet with no success for proper wiring connection.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLA 250
I have been working on this for a while and here is what I've learned. The cable needed is a A1565405605. The Shop Manual shows this cable going from the Mirror to the drivers side. I purchased one from Pelican Parts. It is long enough to reach the lower section of the Drivers A Pillar . In the Wiring diagram it is shown connecting to N70 which is the Overhead Control Unit via this cable. However it does not connect directly to the control unit. According to the wiring Diagram for the N70 one wire from the cable is marked LIN_B13. I believe that this is a location designation in the Roof but, I have yet to verify this. One of my theory's is that there is a harness connector that the cable plugs in to but, it may be that it is part of the Exterior Auto Dimming Mirrors Option (code 249). If ever get it connected I'll update you.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLA 250
Well, Today I installed the Garage Door Opener Interior Mirror in My Wife's 2017 GLA 250. It took some time to figure it out but, It turns out it is an easy job. All it took was removing the 3 Pin Connectors from the A1565405605 (white end) Cable and inserting them in to the existing White Connector in the Overhead Control Unit (N70). It uses the 1, the 4 and the 7Pins.
The following users liked this post:
krazzdav (03-02-2019)