Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 250, SL500, Smart EQ
Question Constant Live feed/fuse

Hi folks,
This looks a lively forum!
I'm looking for the best place to take a permanent live feed from on my MY17 GLA220D
I know theres the battery (if I could figure how to get the cover off!) but would prefer a feed inside the car if possible
Thanks in advance
Mike
Old 01-18-2018, 05:08 PM

Received 239 Likes on 152 Posts
'19 CLS53, '19 SL550, '22 GLE53
Originally Posted by mcbrid
Hi folks,
This looks a lively forum!
I'm looking for the best place to take a permanent live feed from on my MY17 GLA220D
I know theres the battery (if I could figure how to get the cover off!) but would prefer a feed inside the car if possible
Thanks in advance
Mike
I'd check the 12v accessory/cigarette lighter plug and tap into it if you can access that and if it meets your needs for "permanent." Some plugs turn on and off with the ignition, others are powered on all the time. If you can't access the back side of this plug, you can get a power cord and plug that inserts into the socket and use it, perhaps after cutting the cord to wire into your device. That's how I've connected a radar detector in a leased vehicle that I do not want to modify.
The following users liked this post:
mcbrid (01-19-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 250, SL500, Smart EQ
Originally Posted by slk55er
I'd check the 12v accessory/cigarette lighter plug and tap into it if you can access that and if it meets your needs for "permanent." Some plugs turn on and off with the ignition, others are powered on all the time. If you can't access the back side of this plug, you can get a power cord and plug that inserts into the socket and use it, perhaps after cutting the cord to wire into your device. That's how I've connected a radar detector in a leased vehicle that I do not want to modify.
Thanks for the reply Gordon.
I'm told that this socket switches off after a number of seconds but I really must stop being lazy and check if its the same as the front one.
I'll do it once the snow clears!
Cheers