Notices
GLA45, GLA35 AMG (X156, H247) 2014 - present (two generations)

Oil change question???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F150
Oil change question???

Ok, just curious what others r doing? I've owned many turbo vehicles and know the importance of keeping clean oil in order to maintain a long lasting healthy turbo and engine. I've always changed my oil no more than every 5k miles. And I've always used Mobil 1 or amsoil full synthetic. However this is my first Mercedes and I know oil change recommendations are every 10k miles. Are you guys goin 10k as recommended or are you changing your oil more frequent. Also, are you using Mercedes dealership oil or purchasing your own premium brand of choice oil?
Old 05-20-2015, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car
Do not change oil so frequent.. Change after 10k miles..it is good for your Mercedes. I always change my car oil after 10 k miles. Follow this.. It will helpful to increase life of your Mercedes.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:15 AM

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
W124 260E
Originally Posted by Fleece82
Ok, just curious what others r doing? I've owned many turbo vehicles and know the importance of keeping clean oil in order to maintain a long lasting healthy turbo and engine. I've always changed my oil no more than every 5k miles. And I've always used Mobil 1 or amsoil full synthetic. However this is my first Mercedes and I know oil change recommendations are every 10k miles. Are you guys goin 10k as recommended or are you changing your oil more frequent. Also, are you using Mercedes dealership oil or purchasing your own premium brand of choice oil?
Fleace thats fine ,the more changes you do the better for your engine.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'15 MBZ GLA 45 AMG, '15 MBZ E550 Convertible
I changed mine at 3k and then im doing it again this saturday at 10k, i will probably do it every 5k from here on out. Better for the engine, especially if you plan on doing track days/driving it hard.