Notices
GLA45, GLA35 AMG (X156, H247) 2014 - present (two generations)

Numb throttle response

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 08:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GLA45 AMG
Numb throttle response

I recently purchased a 2015 GLA45 AMG. First MB hence first AMG. Okay, so the car goes like stink however the numb throttle is deplorable! I plan on going to the dealer to see if there are any updates. My next step would be a pedal commander, sprit booster or rebellion. I gotta say I am surprised that MB / AMG would roll out such a numb throttle. Backing out of a parking space sucks.

Hopefully there is an update to address this defect. Yes, I consider this a major defect and being a first time MB / AMG owner, I am very disappointed in the brand.

The other disappointment are the shift points. I know everyone is chasing miles per gallon but it shifts to soon, be it C or S mode. The S settings should be C mode and they should give us a real S mode. Second issue I have.

I was seeking threads comparing pedal commander, spring boost and rebellion but haven't found anything with real comparisons. If you are aware of a comparison thread pls point me in that direction.

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLA45
I just drive it in S 24/7.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by rjpeaks
I just drive it in S 24/7.
Took the car to the dealer (since I bought it used, I wanted to get into service cycle), and I asked them to check for updates. There were 2 updates pending. The car drives better, the issues are less pronounced. And yes, I keep it permanently in S mode. I still plan on getting Pedal Commander or Sprint Booster.