Notices
GLA45, GLA35 AMG (X156, H247) 2014 - present (two generations)

New GLA45 Without the Homelink Mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA45W4 AMG
New GLA45 Without the Homelink Mirror

I just picked up my new 2018 GLA45 and quickly determined that it does not have the Homelink mirror option. I would guess that having the dealer install the mirror with the Homelink is going to be expensive. But is getting the Homelink mirror from Mercedes even possible? I posed the question to my MB salesman and have yet to get a response.

I thoroughly enjoy the car. And its no big deal for me to use a visor mounted remote. But i would like to know what my options are....
Old 09-05-2018, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
Yes - stupid isn't it. For MY2019 it's now standard - price hike to cover it also. There is no reason on God's green earth that it should not be standard equipment - especially in an AMG. Who was the genius/rocket scientist that decided that?

For 2018 it was as follows:

317 Convenience Package: Garage Door Opener, Compass, Auto-Dimming $400
232 Garage Door Opener
249 Autodimming Mirrors

It has been my experience they are always juggling; pricing, options and packages. 99% of the people in the US that would buy a GLA 45 have a garage to keep it in. Who wants to hang the old school opener on the visor anymore? So if MB wants to bang me $400 for the option - fine. Then at least put them on ALL of the cars. Really irritating. Was standard on all of the w204 C class along with power folding mirrors. Worse part is, it probably was a surprise to you when you found out you didn't have it. Retro fits on options can be very costly. Hopefully, this one is not. Good luck.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA45W4 AMG
It isn't the end of the world to have my remote sitting in the door pocket. But as you so well stated, it's crazy that such an expensive machine does not come standard with the Homelink mirror. And I might add that the dealer doesn't automatically add this to any MB product that he orders for his lot just isn't thinking as well.