Notices
GLA45, GLA35 AMG (X156, H247) 2014 - present (two generations)

Thinking of 15 GLA 45 AMG for DD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Range Rover Evoque
Thinking of 15 GLA 45 AMG for DD

Strongly considering a GLA AMG 45 as a daily driver for as long as the CPO warranty lasts. I've read about the transmission/clutch issues. The car I am looking at has not had the clutch replaced but should the issue arise it'll be covered under warranty. Seems like the 15s CPO lasts till late 2020.

For argument sake, dealers are asking 38900 to about 40k. KBB obviously has the trade in value in the low 30's. Wonder if I can pick one up for 35k?

Any major regrets that you guys have about yours?

Old 12-28-2018, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by SeaNile
Strongly considering a GLA AMG 45 as a daily driver for as long as the CPO warranty lasts. I've read about the transmission/clutch issues. The car I am looking at has not had the clutch replaced but should the issue arise it'll be covered under warranty. Seems like the 15s CPO lasts till late 2020.

For argument sake, dealers are asking 38900 to about 40k. KBB obviously has the trade in value in the low 30's. Wonder if I can pick one up for 35k?

I picked up a 15 for DD duties. I have no issues and I bang on it when the opportunity arises. Car had 14,000 miles and paid 38. No wing nor sunroof which I had no interest in either option. No regrets whatsoever.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:08 PM

gla 45 amg
How's your back?

I picked one up Monday and can return it by Sat. I'm not liking the super-duper stiffness to be honest. My spine feels like I've been jumping all day- while this rocket is super fun, not sure if it's sustainable.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'15 AMG GLA45
Originally Posted by midnightfloor
I picked one up Monday and can return it by Sat. I'm not liking the super-duper stiffness to be honest. My spine feels like I've been jumping all day- while this rocket is super fun, not sure if it's sustainable.
What car did you come from before the GLA45?
Old 01-25-2019, 12:03 PM

GLA45
that was one of the things i read and was worried about when i was shopping around for a new car. i drive around 100 miles a day so ride quality is pretty important. coming from a 2010 vw gti, i feel like the comfort mode is slightly better. i've had the car for 3 weeks now. i'm also waiting to get on the 245/40/20 tires to see if the ride gets a little bit better. unless you're willing to pay more or sacrifice on the hp, i feel like it's hard to get a quieter/more comfortable ride.
Old 01-26-2019, 05:48 PM

GLA45
Originally Posted by SeaNile

No regrets however I would recommend a 2016. I saw enough posts of people with transmission/clutch issues/experiences to spook me so went with the 2016 instead. I got mine for 40 about 6 months back so look for deals. You will eventually get one if you look hard enough.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:02 PM

GLA45
Given that you are coming from a Range Rover evoque be prepared for a stiffer drive. Personally I prefer its stiffness since it gives you a better feel of the road but I can see how some people might find it annoying. It's a blast to drive though. Some quirks you need to get used to when you move to a GLA 45

Throttle control - First 5% throttle input - Nothing , 5-30% throttle --> Neck jerking Blast offffffff . Takes some getting used to but is super fun once you figure it out
Stiffness --> Its stiffer than your typical compact or sub compact suvs but then again this is normal as handling and stiffness go kind of hand in hand.
Performance seats are a must if you intend to track it or have some spirited drives on the twisties . I think its likely a must even otherwise but that's subjective.
Get one with the performance exhaust. Its a blast.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GLA45 AMG
yeah no doubt big lag....gives it character! i run dash command connected to obd2 blue tooth module an old iphone plus...pretty cool to get all kinds of gauges and you can custom make you own. waiting for warranty before i go nutz on it.
The following users liked this post:
amgsin (05-14-2019)