GLC Class (X254) Produced 2023+

2022 GLC 300 wont start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 06:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2022 GLC 300
2022 GLC 300 wont start

Car has 7,000 miles on it. Got in and started it, dashboard lit up with “release parking brake.” I pushed and pulled the button, got out of the car locked it, unlocked it, got back in tried to start it…same message. Called dealership to have it towed in. Tried again and it started. Drove to the dealership, same thing. Wouldn’t start, “release parking brake” and see owners manual flashed on the screen. Dealership said it was a bad relay. Ordered part, replaced really and still the same thing. Car will start, but after the first start, if you shut it off it won’t start again and says to release parking brake. Parking brake is not even on and if you do put it on and turn it off, still no start. I have a brand new car that has been at the dealership for two weeks. Any ideas? Dealership is stumped as well.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,549 Likes on 2,167 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Renegadeswd
Car has 7,000 miles on it. Got in and started it, dashboard lit up with “release parking brake.” I pushed and pulled the button, got out of the car locked it, unlocked it, got back in tried to start it…same message. Called dealership to have it towed in. Tried again and it started. Drove to the dealership, same thing. Wouldn’t start, “release parking brake” and see owners manual flashed on the screen. Dealership said it was a bad relay. Ordered part, replaced really and still the same thing. Car will start, but after the first start, if you shut it off it won’t start again and says to release parking brake. Parking brake is not even on and if you do put it on and turn it off, still no start. I have a brand new car that has been at the dealership for two weeks. Any ideas? Dealership is stumped as well.
Sorry to hear about this issue but I believe your car is a X253, hopefully forum members from there can help you out: https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253-203/