GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Order Waiting Room

Old 03-06-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord
Ship Fire

Just heard from my dealer. My car was in transport on the "Honor" and they had a fire on board after leaving South Hampton, returned to port, but believe they are back enroute to Baltimore. A number of cars were damaged but unable to determine which ones? Hopefully not mine. Found the news article online but had trouble pulling the link over, sorry.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GLC43
Terrible. Looks like this happened a week ago

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/sto...on-after-fire/
Old 03-06-2017, 03:30 PM

Honda Accord
Checked 3 different free tracking apps and all show it still docked in South Hampton ��
Old 03-06-2017, 03:36 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2020 GLE 450
Originally Posted by Boomer233
Checked 3 different free tracking apps and all show it still docked in South Hampton ��
You need to call your dealer for more info.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:40 PM

Honda Accord
They told me there were 7 decks of cars and they had picked up more cars in south hampton. Just no way to know where a particular car was located on board. They hope to get an update from shipper from MB soon. They said they have located one for me on the ground if there are problems.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Mercedes GLC43
Originally Posted by Boomer233
They told me there were 7 decks of cars and they had picked up more cars in south hampton. Just no way to know where a particular car was located on board. They hope to get an update from shipper from MB soon. They said they have located one for me on the ground if there are problems.
The city's name is Southampton (all one word)

Not South Hampton.
The following users liked this post:
Shark (03-08-2017)
Old 03-06-2017, 05:46 PM

Honda Accord
No worries, I came here looking for car info, not a geography lesson, but thanks, i saw the correct spelling in the article
Old 03-06-2017, 05:57 PM

Mercedes GLC43
Good luck - hope your car was undamaged.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:00 PM

Honda Accord
Thanks
Old 03-06-2017, 06:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Toyota Venza / Lexus IS300
Originally Posted by zhangyu_23
Ordered my glc with premium 1/2 and sport end of sept. Still waiting...
You get your car yet?

Ordered GLC300 Coupe on Feb. 21st
Production Date: May 20th
Expected Delivery: July 5th

This will be my first Benz, already a bit disappointed that it takes this long to get a car from them.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 Audi A6, GLC 300 4Matic
My GLC300

Updated from original post on 1-26-2017
Here's my build. When I ordered, a couple of the options we wanted were back ordered at factory so time from order to build/delivery were a bit long. Wife and I decided we wanted all desired options rather than settling for car we didn't really want. As of the beginning of January we didn't have a build date.

Ordered on: 12/07/2017
Production Start Date: Never knew
Delivery estimate: Sometime in February or March
Ship: Tranquil Ace
My Build: 2017 GLC300 4Matic
Designo Cardinal Red
115 Silk Beige MB-Tex
PO3 Premium Package - Package has 26 items
318 Leather Seating Package
521 Night Package-includes Sports Package & 19 inch wheels
996 Advanced Parking assistance
401 Heated/ventilated front seats
413 Panoramic roof
463 Head-Up display
55U Beige Roof Liner
731 Burl Walnut
810 Burmester Surround Sound System

Just heard from my dealer that our GLC300 is on the Tranquil Ace. Tracking site shows the ship a few hundred kilometers west of Spain with port of call Davisville Rhode Island on Mar 17. Since I'm in Arizona, I assume some future destination will be on the west coast, or will they transfer to train transport? I will of course continue to track the ship. Now the waiting becomes more difficult.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GLC43
When I ordered my GLC43, I was only given a production in 3rd decade of March. Not sure when it would arrive at the dealer - I'm in NY.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 GLC300 / 2021 C300
My GLC300 was built on 3/2 and is sitting at the port awaiting loading (3/8). I am looking for an arrival in Baltimore the end of the month and at the dealer by 4/5! We ordered in December with The first build slot available in March. It was a vehicle the dealer already had pre ordered and all we had to do was add heated steering wheel and remove the wheel locks. We are finally getting excited.

Last edited by ralawren; 03-08-2017 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Spelling error
HankRearden (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC300
Time from order to delivery of 2017 GLC300 - Mine taking for ever?

Hi all,

I put a deposit down on a 2017 GLC300 week of Christmas 2016. Dealer got their allocation and put in the order first week of January 2017. I have been told nothing more than "it's being manufacured" since then. I asked the dealer this week for something more specific than that since summer is coming up and I have family trips to plan! Dealer said they checked and "it is in final stages of delivery but no Estimated Time of Arrival yet."

I was quite frustrated by that. We're dealing with Germans. Don't Germans plan out every millisecond of their day? How can we put an order in for a $60,000 car and just be told "It'll get here when it gets here. For now, we are making it." I thought there was a " NetStar " tracking system dealers can log into or something like that which tracks by stage. I would think when a car is at a certain stage one can estimate how long we are looking at for delivery.

In any case, I told the dealer if they can't get me an estimated date (give or take a week or two) I'll call MB in Atlanta or even Germany if I have to, and get an answer. Any thoughts? At this point, I'm just annoyed. I expected a little more accuracy from Germans.

Oh, and I got it for a negotiated 11.7% off MSRP. The total MSRP was about $58,900 by the time I was done with it. Other dealers told me it's flying off the lot and no way they would give that much off MSRP on the GLC300 right now. Thoughts on that too?
Old 03-16-2017, 10:30 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2020 GLE 450
Originally Posted by HankRearden
Hi all,

I put a deposit down on a 2017 GLC300 week of Christmas 2016. Dealer got their allocation and put in the order first week of January 2017. I have been told nothing more than "it's being manufacured" since then. I asked the dealer this week for something more specific than that since summer is coming up and I have family trips to plan! Dealer said they checked and "it is in final stages of delivery but no Estimated Time of Arrival yet."

I was quite frustrated by that. We're dealing with Germans. Don't Germans plan out every millisecond of their day? How can we put an order in for a $60,000 car and just be told "It'll get here when it gets here. For now, we are making it." I thought there was a " NetStar " tracking system dealers can log into or something like that which tracks by stage. I would think when a car is at a certain stage one can estimate how long we are looking at for delivery.

In any case, I told the dealer if they can't get me an estimated date (give or take a week or two) I'll call MB in Atlanta or even Germany if I have to, and get an answer. Any thoughts? At this point, I'm just annoyed. I expected a little more accuracy from Germans.

Oh, and I got it for a negotiated 11.7% off MSRP. The total MSRP was about $58,900 by the time I was done with it. Other dealers told me it's flying off the lot and no way they would give that much off MSRP on the GLC300 right now. Thoughts on that too?
Yes! Your dealer can check the status on their computer for any custom build car. You can also go here and check the status.

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage

I think your dealer is full of it and should give you more updated info on your car.
HankRearden (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 10:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 GLC300 / 2021 C300
Sounds like the dealer did not have an allocation when they took the deposit. I ordered the last week of December. The dealer had a build slot for the first 10 days of March. They provided a build sheet and their PO number.

The vehicle was built on 3/2, made it to the port for loading by 3/7 and is scheduled for arrival in Baltimore on 3/20.

Ship arrived 3/20, VPC on 3/22 and at dealer 3/28. 26 days factory build to dealer; I am impressed!

Last edited by ralawren; 03-28-2017 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Update
HankRearden (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 11:07 PM

Mercedes GLC43
HankRearden
the dealer doesn't get an exact ETA until the vehicle is unloaded, cleared customs and scheduled to go on a truck - about a week from delivery.

my dealer took 1 day to prep the vehicle after it arrived at the dealership.

the GLC is built in Bremen. Find out your build date - either decade (first, second or third ten days of the month) or specific date once built. It can then be put on a train to Bremerhaven where it could wait 3 weeks to be put on a ship.

once this happens the dealer will be informed what ship it is on. This is not necessarily a Wallenius ship (so that link provided above may not work). My GLC was on the Amethyst Ace - a totally different line. That ship also docked in Baltimore. Once you know the ship you can track the ship using one of the many vessel tracking apps or websites. Some sites/ apps have long update lags - like 3 days, others are more immediate.

once off the ship it took 10 days to get from the port (Long Beach in my case) to the dealership (Sacramento).

all told:
- ordered early december
- built jan 19th
- put on a ship jan 29th
- on the ship until feb 27th (but that's to the west coast)
- given an exact dealer delivery date around march 2nd
- delivered march 8th to the dealer
- picked up by me March 9th
The following 2 users liked this post by rihallix:
HankRearden (03-16-2017), joysee (04-13-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 09:22 AM

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
2023 (X254) GLC300 RWD White
Originally Posted by HankRearden
Hi all,

I'm in South Florida and after going back an forth with a AutoNation dealer got 10% off MSRP on a GLC300 RWD. I leased the car so they made up for the 10% in various fees. But they gave me the same song and dance that the cars are flying off the lots. Think thats a lot of bull. The biggest part of my order was the P3 package. They just don't order many P3's when it comes to GLC300. If you do a national search you will find very few.

When it comes to finding out what is going on with your shipment. Find out what day your salesman is off and ask another salesperson to look up your order. All you need is the order number and you can look over his shoulder on his screen to see the details.

I got the following from my salesman. #1 Car was in production with date it started. #2 Car was at EU port waiting to be put on a ship. #3 Car was in US and would be at dealership withing 10 days. That was a Friday. Monday I got a call and salesman said it was on the dealership lot, when did I want to pick it up?

Don't forget we are dealing with car salesman. They via for the title with politicians for "best lier and most dishonest".
HankRearden (03-17-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 08:43 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 370Z Nismo, 2018 GLC43 (on order)
We put our deposit down a couple of weeks ago, but just "finalized" the build yesterday. As of now our GLC43W4 is scheduled to be built: 2017/06/2D. No estimated delivery yet.

Some of the hangups were the red seat belts, multimedia vs smart phone integration, and the advance lighting package. The wife was strongly against the red belts and then the red stitching just seemed out of place without them, so, 221 it will be. I wanted the lighting package, but it wasn't meant to be as there is a delay in production on 319 and 4 months is already long enough of a wait. Also, I chose multimedia package for it's larger screen even though I'll rarely use the nav and that damn touchpad is an eyesore and gets in the way.

As of now there is no pricing on the MY18 GLC43s so what we will pay is a bit of a mystery, but we did negotiate $1K off MSRP out the door. Being in VA our taxes, tags, fees should be anywhere between $2500 and $3000 for where I think we will be. MB has changed packages, added options, and changed standard features, so your guess is as good as mine, but I am going with somewhere in the mid-60s for our build.

And that build:

992 Selenite Grey Metallic
650 21" Twin 5 Spoke Titanium finish Wheels
632 LED lights
413 Panorama Roof
221 Black Leather
737 Natural Grain Ash with Aluminum Trim
401 Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
320 Multimedia
810 Burmester Audio
313 Manual rear sunshade

Now comes the hard part: waiting.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
GLC43 AMG Coupe
Finally just heard from dealer my car on way to Toronto, they are expecting it to arrive within 2 to 3 weeks.
GLC43 coupe.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC300
Originally Posted by SmokinBuddha
Yes! Your dealer can check the status on their computer for any custom build car. You can also go here and check the status.

https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?fra...uickSearchPage

I think your dealer is full of it and should give you more updated info on your car.
Thank you all for the replies. So in the ongoing saga, I followed your suggestions. The dealer had told me the car is in the "final stages of production." So per your advice I asked the dealer for the Order Number, the Production Date, the Purchase Order and the VIN Number.

He wrote back with the PO Number and the VIN Number but said the Order Date and Production Date have not been released yet.

====================
Good Morning,

The Purchase Order #: (redacted but I can send in private email)
The VIN #: (redacted but I can send in private email)

As for the order and production date, the information has not been released yet.
====================

If the car is in the final stages of production, how can an order date and a production date not be released yet?

This isn't making sense. Can anyone help? Happy to send the order number and VIN number of the car in a private message.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:14 PM

2018 AMG GLC43
Special Order Snafu

We ordered a GLC43W4 P03 January 15 and were given a March 2nd decade build window.

Last Wednesday salesman called to inform us there was a problem with our order. He says the factory did not have any more designo diamond white paint, so the build was cancelled. He further says MY17 orders are closed and suggests that we order an MY18 with the same options.

I registered a complaint with MBUSA Customer Support and have been told to expect a call from an "Executive Referral Manager" within one business day. Don't expect much, but would like to know if dealer story was true.

Will probably go ahead with the MY18 which would be built in early June meaning we will not have it until sometime in August. It may offer an opportunity to try for a better price offer by working two competing dealerships. We were not given any discount on the MY17 order. Salesman pushed for a quick decision which he said was necessary to make the March build window. Do you think maybe we were played?
HankRearden (04-06-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 VW GTI
Originally Posted by ALCPDX
We ordered a GLC43W4 P03 January 15 and were given a March 2nd decade build window.

Last Wednesday salesman called to inform us there was a problem with our order. He says the factory did not have any more designo diamond white paint, so the build was cancelled. He further says MY17 orders are closed and suggests that we order an MY18 with the same options.

I registered a complaint with MBUSA Customer Support and have been told to expect a call from an "Executive Referral Manager" within one business day. Don't expect much, but would like to know if dealer story was true.

Will probably go ahead with the MY18 which would be built in early June meaning we will not have it until sometime in August. It may offer an opportunity to try for a better price offer by working two competing dealerships. We were not given any discount on the MY17 order. Salesman pushed for a quick decision which he said was necessary to make the March build window. Do you think maybe we were played?

I placed a custom order on 1-20-2017 for a GLC-300 in designo "Diamond White" it also had a build date of the 2nd decade of March. It has been built and is on the boat "Jasper Arrow" which is about 1 day out of Brunswick, Georgia. I am looking for it to be at the dealership around the 13-15th of April
ALCPDX (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 08:43 PM

Honda Accord
Honor fire

Talked to my sales person and they had recieved an email from MB USA. It was clearly a broadly distributed email but the bottom line was that the vehicles on that ship will be held up in Baltimore for a lengthy period of time, the email said "month(s)" while the cars are being evaulated. Bottom line, dealer found a replacement For my Blk / Blk mb tex P03 Sport Pkg.sunroof, Replacement one is Blk / espresso brown leather interior pkg, heads up with all of the other equipment. 3300 more on sticker, 800 more on bottomline, brought it home last night and love the extra equipment

Old 04-05-2017, 08:54 PM

Received 132 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by ALCPDX

Sounds a little made up with respect to the paint issue. And if so, he/she should have contacted you right away when the order was cancelled, previously. They don't just run out of paint, say, last week, and say oops, sorry, especially white...IMO.

Yes, MY17 builds are done, so as much as it sucks to wait, I'd shoot for a MY18 at the same price of your MY17 or negotiate more, since they probably didn't have an allocation and just strung you along. Sorry, but you can negotiate on these depending on timing and your area.

Last week I had a MY17 GLC43 that a dealer already ordered and was in their build slot, but they were able to change it to almost everything I wanted. We had a deal at a little over 12% off MSRP (11% with fees), but came back a day later and weren't able to change to LED headlamps. I thought about it for a day, but bailed as I may keep the GLC43 after my lease and couldn't bring myself to pay that much for a car with friggin Halogen headlamps. The salesman was pretty much upfront about everything, so don't think he was BS-ing on the no change to LEDs.

Good luck with MBUSA CS and on your GLC43. Hope to join the club soon.
ALCPDX (04-05-2017)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GLC Order Waiting Room