GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC Order Waiting Room

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 10:03 PM

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
'17 BMW X3, '18 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
Here are the ships from Bremerhaven to Baltimore starting on 6/17/17 Into July.
Wow! Thanks, Dieseldoc. I asked my MB concierge guy for my cars status and ship assignment today, but haven't heard back yet. Once I get that, I'm going straight to your list and that website. Just checked it out. Very easy to use.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:23 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2018 GLC43 (On Order)
That's awesome info, dieseldoc, thanks for sharing. Pretty soon I'll start needing to look for the schedule into either Long Beach, LA, or San Diego. I would assume Long Beach, any other foreign car I've had shipped ended up there but I guess I still have some time to figure out what vessel they will put her on.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:28 PM

My car and a few others I know of from the Valmet Finland plant hit Bremerhaven on 6/15/17. It departed yesterday (6/22/17) en route to Baltimore. It's on a K Line ship, the Eurasian Highway, and scheduled to arrive in Baltimore 7/2/17. Got the ship name and ship date/ETA from my dealer and confirmed it on the link Dieseldoc provided.

Now I need to see what info K Line provides and set up this ship up on one of the many marine tracking apps others have mentioned in this thread.

Your experience may differ, but I had to ASK my dealer to check the status of my car in Netstar. So be proactive and you can keep up with where your car is in the MB system.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:35 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Originally Posted by Vaboy
Thanks, I'll do the same!

I think you mentioned your VPC is Baltimore and it will be shipped to Denver by truck. My VPC is also Baltimore as I'm in Virginia.

Hope we get a quick shipping date!
My 2018 Valmet-made GLC (and probably yours too vaboy) is on the ship Eurasian Highway, a K-Line ship. The ship was still at Bremerhaven when I last checked today. It's scheduled to depart soon and makes only one stop (Southhampton) before sailing directly to Baltimore with an estimated arrival of July 3. Here's the most recently updated schedule:

https://www.kline.com/CarCarrier-Schedules/Car-Carrier_RoRo_Sailing_Schedule.pdf

K-Line doesn't offer VIN-specific tracking but that's no problem if you know the vessel name and use third party marine tracking apps. The ship will drop off of the free land-based trackers after it passes away from the southwest coast of Ireland, and things will be quiet for about a week until it gets picked up off the east coast of the US on about July 1 or 2.

Assuming no port/customs delays and no VPC holds, you could see the car the following week, probably between July 10 and July 20. If the cars are held at the VPC, all bets are off.

EDIT: My mistake, the vessel Eurasian Highway is actually already in Southampton today, June 23. It should be departing for Baltimore by tomorrow, June 24.

Last edited by mtberman; 06-26-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by mtberman
My 2018 Valmet-made GLC (and probably yours too vaboy) is on the ship Eurasian Highway, a K-Line ship. The ship was still at Bremerhaven when I last checked today. It's scheduled to depart soon and makes only one stop (Southhampton) before sailing directly to Baltimore with an estimated arrival of July 3. Here's the most recently updated schedule:

www.kline.com/CarCarrier-Schedules/Car-Carrier_RoRo_Sailing_Schedule.pdf

K-Line doesn't offer VIN-specific tracking but that's no problem if you know the vessel name and use third party marine tracking apps. The ship will drop off of the free land-based trackers after it passes away from the southwest coast of Ireland, and things will be quiet for about a week until it gets picked up off the east coast of the US on about July 1 or 2.

Assuming no port/customs delays and no VPC holds, you could see the car the following week, probably between July 10 and July 20. If the cars are held at the VPC, all bets are off.

EDIT: My mistake, the vessel Eurasian Highway is actually already in Southampton today, June 23. It should be departing for Baltimore by tomorrow, June 24.
Looks like we were posting about the same time, mtberman. Thanks for the link you provided. I hadn't even had a chance to look that up yet.

I was thinking it would take a bit longer coming over. Pleasant surprise. Fingers crossed on getting through the VPC with no holdups.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Good luck to both of you. Have fun watching your cars cross the pond. They will be here before you know it. Hopefully, they will clear VPC quickly.
The following users liked this post:
Vaboy (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 02:10 PM

www.kline.com/CarCarrier-Schedules/Car-Carrier_RoRo_Sailing_Schedule.pdf
Just thought I'd mention, that link doesn't work, probably because of the .pdf extension. You can't copy it either...it takes off trying to go to the URL as soon as you touch it.

No problem, that still tells us where to look.

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2017, 10:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLC300 P01 selenite grey
LA dealer told me that all Benz SUVs (with the exception of AMG) are now assembled in Alabama. The sedans are still made in Europe. This means that when buyers in Europe order an SUV it has to be shipped from the US.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:16 PM

Huh?

Originally Posted by stath
LA dealer told me that all Benz SUVs (with the exception of AMG) are now assembled in Alabama. The sedans are still made in Europe. This means that when buyers in Europe order an SUV it has to be shipped from the US.
I'm not sure why your dealer would tell you that or what your point was in posing that misinformation on this forum. If you're interested in a GLC300 SUV, it's coming from Europe. Without checking to see what may be assembled in Alabama, I assure you GLC300 SUV's are assembled in Bremen, Germany and the Valmet plant in Finland. The city in Finland is too hard to spell.

Google Valmet Bremen GLC300 so you can enlighten your dealer.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:18 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by stath
The dealer is wrong, I just picked up a GLC 300 made in Germany, drove it around Europe for a month and it is now on a ship currently in the Atlantic some where. The car will not touch U.S. soil for the first time until sometime mid July, as a used car.

Many others on this board are waiting for their custom SUV orders to arrive from Europe. I am not sure where your dealer gets his information from but it is wrong.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by ted_jane
The dealer is wrong, I just picked up a GLC 300 made in Germany, drove it around Europe for a month and it is now on a ship currently in the Atlantic some where. The car will not touch U.S. soil for the first time until sometime mid July, as a used car.
Thanks for rubbing in your EDP tedjane! I bought a new '82 Saab and SWORE I would buy another one taking European delivery. But that never happened. Kept that car 12 years/220,000 miles. Loved it.

Family circumstances (in-laws in failing health) won't allow me to use the EDP now that I'm retired and have the time. Oh well, maybe next time!

BTW, I'm not really mad, just jealous!!

Last edited by Vaboy; 06-26-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old 06-26-2017, 12:38 AM

Thanks for rubbing in your EDP tedjane! I bought a new '82 Saab and SWORE I would buy another one taking European delivery. But that never happened. Kept that car 12 years/220,000 miles. Loved it.

Family circumstances (in-laws in failing health) won't allow me to use the EDP now that I'm retired and have the time. Oh well, maybe next time!

BTW, I'm not really mad, just jealous!!
Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in, well maybe just a little. But as I wrote, the car is on a ship in the Atlantic, so all I have at the moment are the memories.
Old 07-01-2017, 11:05 PM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Your ship is in US waters vaboy and it's entering the Chesapeake Bay now, 11PM Eastern time. I don't know what days the VPC will be open; We'll see. If they're only closed in the 4th, and there are no Customs delays or VPC holds, both my car and yours could be on a truck as early as July 5 or 6.

My car and a few others I know of from the Valmet Finland plant hit Bremerhaven on 6/15/17. It departed yesterday (6/22/17) en route to Baltimore. It's on a K Line ship, the Eurasian Highway, and scheduled to arrive in Baltimore 7/2/17. Got the ship name and ship date/ETA from my dealer and confirmed it on the link Dieseldoc provided.

Now I need to see what info K Line provides and set up this ship up on one of the many marine tracking apps others have mentioned in this thread.

Your experience may differ, but I had to ASK my dealer to check the status of my car in Netstar. So be proactive and you can keep up with where your car is in the MB system.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:20 AM

Your ship is in US waters vaboy and it's entering the Chesapeake Bay now, 11PM Eastern time. I don't know what days the VPC will be open; We'll see. If they're only closed in the 4th, and there are no Customs delays or VPC holds, both my car and yours could be on a truck as early as July 5 or 6.
Thanks for the heads up! Can't wait until Monday....I'll probably check with my dealer to see what the status is. Did you save those status codes I posted earlier in this forum? I've got them if you need them. Guess we're looking for a D5 = Released to carrier!

Barring Customs delays or VPC holds (or a new model year hold), do you think it could really be released to a carrier as early as 7/5 or 7/6? I know you've received several cars this way and would have a better feel for that. I've seen it discussed somewhere in this thread, but I don't remember what was said about a "normal" path through the VPC.

I just re-read some older posts and it sounds like cars show up at the dealerships, on average, a week to 10 days after getting to the VPC.

We'll see!

Last edited by Vaboy; 07-02-2017 at 12:57 AM. Reason: VPC processing
Old 07-02-2017, 12:19 PM

2018 GLC43 (On Order)
I'm still waiting for a ship, and then have to wait for it to travel over to the west coast. good for you guys though.. that's awesome that you're so close to hands on.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by /////Tbro
I'm still waiting for a ship, and then have to wait for it to travel over to the west coast. good for you guys though.. that's awesome that you're so close to hands on.
Here's what you were asking about tbro in a message to me.

Tbro, be sure and get the production/shipping statuses that Netstar (the MB order system) uses a page or two back in the Waiting Room thread. My car was produced 6/10. Was at port, no ship assigned 6/17. Ship was assigned 6/20. Was on the water 6/22. Your dealer can give you the specific status from Netstar and you can stay on top of it. Once the ship is assigned it will be in Netstar and it will also show the departure date. If your VIN has a V as th 11th digit, your car was assembled in the Valmet plant in Finland. It is sent by ship from there to Bremerhaven. The Netstar system doesn't pick up the ship name until it's in Bremerhaven waiting to leave for the US. Mine left Bremerhaven 6/22 and is arriving in Baltimore any minute now. 7/2/17.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:40 PM

Vaboy, looks like you hopefully will have your car very soon. Now it is my turn to feel envious, my car is currently sitting on a ship docked at the port in Brunswick GA. It leaves port later today for the Panama canal, then, after a few stops at Central America ports, its on to Long Beach. Scheduled arrival in Long Beach has moved from 7/16 to currently 7/18. So it looks like you will be enjoying your new car for a few weeks before mine even arrives at port.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:15 AM

Vaboy, looks like you hopefully will have your car very soon. Now it is my turn to feel envious, my car is currently sitting on a ship docked at the port in Brunswick GA. It leaves port later today for the Panama canal, then, after a few stops at Central America ports, its on to Long Beach. Scheduled arrival in Long Beach has moved from 7/16 to currently 7/18. So it looks like you will be enjoying your new car for a few weeks before mine even arrives at port.
Yep, shouldn't be long now! Don't feel too envious....I'd trade getting my car sooner than you for the 3,500 mile jaunt you had in Europe!
The good news is, I've heard they lose VERY FEW cars in the Panama Canal!
Old 07-03-2017, 12:49 AM

2018 GLC43 (On Order)
You can be envious of them, I'll be envious of you :-).. my car is sitting in Germany still waiting to be assigned a ship before even starting the journey to Long Beach
Old 07-03-2017, 02:42 AM

You can be envious of them, I'll be envious of you :-).. my car is sitting in Germany still waiting to be assigned a ship before even starting the journey to Long Beach
I feel for you Tbro. My car sat on the dock in Bremerhaven for 2 weeks before it left on June 16. Then it was assigned what has to be the slowest ship. I have not seen it exceed 18 knots yet and it has already stopped at 5 ports with 6 more stops left, counting Long Beach.

May be your car will be assigned a faster ship with fewer stops.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:30 PM

2018 GLC43 (On Order)
Just got word from my SA that my 43 is on the water on the Sincerity Ace with a dealership delivery date of mid August estimated. Hot diggitty dog I can taste it now.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Congrats
Old 07-05-2017, 08:47 PM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Just got word from my SA that my 43 is on the water on the Sincerity Ace with a dealership delivery date of mid August estimated. Hot diggitty dog I can taste it now.
The Sincerity Ace is due at Baltimore July 14 and Long Beach by August 3. Sounds like mid-August for sure, assuming your car comes from the west coast. Not long to wait now!
Old 07-05-2017, 08:52 PM

2018 GLC43 (On Order)
The Sincerity Ace is due at Baltimore July 14 and Long Beach by August 3. Sounds like mid-August for sure, assuming your car comes from the west coast. Not long to wait now!
Thanks for that update mtberman, much appreciated. Yeah I'm in Arizona so it'll be coming over from Long Beach. Here's to no delays!!
Old 07-05-2017, 09:21 PM

Tbro, you can track your ship's schedule here: http://www.molroro.com/MOLVesselSchedule.aspx. The Sincerity ACE is a sister ship of the one my car is on, the Meridian ACE.

From the vessel pull down, select your ship, then select the last voyage on the voyage pull down.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: GLC Order Waiting Room