Notices
GLC Class (X253 )
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Official 2016 GLC Picture Thread

 
Old 12-04-2015, 03:39 PM
  #101  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dieseldoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,232
Liked 152 Times in 145 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
I contacted my sales rep at my dealer. He contacted someone at MBUSA. All he found out was that the binacles were included in the interior package.
dieseldoc is offline  
Old 12-04-2015, 03:40 PM
  #102  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,325
Liked 268 Times in 223 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
That just doesn't make sense. I've seen GLC's without the interior package in the US that had the Binnacles. I don't think they gave your sales rep accurate information.
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 12-04-2015, 03:55 PM
  #103  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dieseldoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,232
Liked 152 Times in 145 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
I agree. I have had no luck figuring it out. The only cars I have seen with it have had a p22 in their build.
dieseldoc is offline  
Old 12-04-2015, 09:20 PM
  #104  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dieseldoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,232
Liked 152 Times in 145 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
In Durham, NC visiting my son. Went by Mercedes dealer. Had a GLC with launch edition on the side of it. It also had Saddle brown leather which I have not seen available in the US.
dieseldoc is offline  
Old 12-04-2015, 09:41 PM
  #105  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 82
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
GLK350, M3 ZCP
Originally Posted by dieseldoc View Post
In Durham, NC visiting my son. Went by Mercedes dealer. Had a GLC with launch edition on the side of it. It also had Saddle brown leather which I have not seen available in the US.
That might explain some of the differences we're seeing here. MotoMan replied to my comment (GLC300 review video on youtube) saying MB specifically optioned the GLC used in that review. Maybe they're dealing with supply shortages by offering "launch editions" here in the US. Who knows.
OhioRiderAaron is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 09:06 PM
  #106  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 62
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
e350
Originally Posted by OhioRiderAaron View Post
That might explain some of the differences we're seeing here. MotoMan replied to my comment (GLC300 review video on youtube) saying MB specifically optioned the GLC used in that review. Maybe they're dealing with supply shortages by offering "launch editions" here in the US. Who knows.

I bet it's as simple as early builds did not have the binnacles .. And that after a certain date all GLC s will have them. My build according to the last 5 digits of the vin was 38 thousand and change. .
JSandro is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 09:54 PM
  #107  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,325
Liked 268 Times in 223 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by JSandro View Post
I bet it's as simple as early builds did not have the binnacles .. And that after a certain date all GLC s will have them. My build according to the last 5 digits of the vin was 38 thousand and change. .
That's certainly possible, but I'm not sure I buy it. With likely millions of C class cars and every single one of them built with binnacles, I'd say they had plenty on hand for the GLC. One can assume the parts are the same on the C as they are on the GLC.
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 12-05-2015, 11:26 PM
  #108  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 41
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
2014 cayman s - 2017 Macan S-- Got rid of GLC300
New here and have been look on this forum for some info.
So I was just at the dealer today to work on my order. And he said that the Sport Package/Night Package gets the binnacles. As you can see on jsandro car has it and you can tell he has the 2 front bottom side air intakes they have the 2 grilles on it and the mesh behind it . Not like rbrbylaw that only the mesh grille.
Only way to be sure is to compare glc to glc when the dealers have a few on the lots.

Also new to MB what are some of the must haves in the car.
Thanks for the help
RRrocco is offline  
Old 12-06-2015, 12:37 AM
  #109  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,325
Liked 268 Times in 223 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by RRrocco View Post
New here and have been look on this forum for some info.
So I was just at the dealer today to work on my order. And he said that the Sport Package/Night Package gets the binnacles. As you can see on jsandro car has it and you can tell he has the 2 front bottom side air intakes they have the 2 grilles on it and the mesh behind it . Not like rbrbylaw that only the mesh grille.
Only way to be sure is to compare glc to glc when the dealers have a few on the lots.

Also new to MB what are some of the must haves in the car.
Thanks for the help
Sorry, but I've seen several GLC300 without the Sport Package that had the Binnacles. Sales people are notoriously under-informed. Now that doesn't mean that you won't get binnacles with the Sport Package, but it's not the Sport Package that makes the difference.

For me, the must haves are Multi-Media and Burmester Sound System.
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 12-06-2015, 05:03 AM
  #110  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mercedes GLC 250d
not quite precise

Originally Posted by rbrylaw View Post
Sorry, but I've seen several GLC300 without the Sport Package that had the Binnacles. Sales people are notoriously under-informed. Now that doesn't mean that you won't get binnacles with the Sport Package, but it's not the Sport Package that makes the difference.

For me, the must haves are Multi-Media and Burmester Sound System.

This is my first test drive car: glc 250d AMG line (int/ext) without Burmeister sound system but with Command.





AndreiG is offline  
Old 12-06-2015, 05:03 PM
  #111  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dieseldoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,232
Liked 152 Times in 145 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
The vehicle above is a non US model (250d). Unable to a certain if it will be equipped same way as US model.
dieseldoc is offline  
Old 12-06-2015, 06:19 PM
  #112  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2013 SLK 250
Went to drive the GLC I ordered yesterday, Sport Package with no Binnacles!
jimithing is offline  
Old 12-06-2015, 06:40 PM
  #113  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 41
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
2014 cayman s - 2017 Macan S-- Got rid of GLC300
So I emailed my salesman and told him that I will not be placing and order until he finds out what option to get the Binnacles. Got a quick response and he will be looking into it. To be continued.
RRrocco is offline  
Old 12-06-2015, 07:43 PM
  #114  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,325
Liked 268 Times in 223 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by jimithing View Post
Went to drive the GLC I ordered yesterday, Sport Package with no Binnacles!
Someday, we may know what puts binnacles in a GLC, but nobody has cracked the code yet.

The good news for us is we don't have them in our GLC and it's just fine. The dash without them looks just fine. It's actually nice and uncluttered.
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 12-07-2015, 10:28 AM
  #115  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dieseldoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,232
Liked 152 Times in 145 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Every car with interior package has binacles.
dieseldoc is offline  
Old 12-07-2015, 10:56 AM
  #116  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 62
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
e350
Originally Posted by dieseldoc View Post
Every car with interior package has binacles.

ahhh. But i do not have interior package. Maybe they just screwed mine up and gave me the binnacle by accident

btw - i bet there will be a bunch of mid-year model changes on this car to the builds and options and packages.
JSandro is offline  
Old 12-07-2015, 11:53 AM
  #117  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,325
Liked 268 Times in 223 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by JSandro View Post
ahhh. But i do not have interior package. Maybe they just screwed mine up and gave me the binnacle by accident

btw - i bet there will be a bunch of mid-year model changes on this car to the builds and options and packages.
Doubtful they gave them to you just because........

Originally Posted by dieseldoc View Post
Every car with interior package has binacles.
Next Theory then.......
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 03:01 PM
  #118  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
GLC220d
My Glc220d

Hi Guys heres my glc from australia


krisvm is offline  
The following users liked this post: krisvm
Paulo Soares (08-01-2016)
Old 12-09-2015, 06:51 PM
  #119  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,325
Liked 268 Times in 223 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by krisvm View Post
Hi Guys heres my glc from australia


Beautiful! Drive in great happiness and health!
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 12-09-2015, 07:13 PM
  #120  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Boston Ma.
Posts: 157
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2014 E 350 Cabriolet Black / Cream
New 2016 GLC White Diamond Sport

Here is our new 2016 GLC White Diamond
$55,700 List
Sport Package
Head Up Display
Running Boards
Led Lighting Package
Premium Package
Blind Spot
Illuminated Star
White Diamond
19" 5 Spoke Wheels Polished With Dark Grey Instead Of 20"s
Attached Thumbnails The Official 2016 GLC Picture Thread-img_6634.jpg   The Official 2016 GLC Picture Thread-img_6656.jpg   The Official 2016 GLC Picture Thread-img_6660.jpg   The Official 2016 GLC Picture Thread-img_6662.jpg  
smc22 is offline  
The following users liked this post: smc22
Paulo Soares (08-01-2016)
Old 12-09-2015, 09:22 PM
  #121  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,325
Liked 268 Times in 223 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by smc22 View Post
Here is our new 2016 GLC White Diamond
$55,700 List
Sport Package
Head Up Display
Running Boards
Led Lighting Package
Premium Package
Blind Spot
Illuminated Star
White Diamond
19" 5 Spoke Wheels Polished With Dark Grey Instead Of 20"s
Really Nice! Congrats!!
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 12-10-2015, 06:47 AM
  #122  
DBV
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 246
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
2016 GLC and 2017 BMW 530xi M-Sport
Congrats! I also ordered HUD. Have you noticed on your HUD, if you are able to see and control radio stations through it? Also, if speed limit sign information is on it too? I have watched Mercedes HUD videos, but it is not look like that is available. I have HUD on my BMW and displays both of us, which is really nice.

Also curious, all you new GLC owners, what has your gas mileage been like? I have not seen anyone post mpg yet.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by smc22 View Post
Here is our new 2016 GLC White Diamond
$55,700 List
Sport Package
Head Up Display
Running Boards
Led Lighting Package
Premium Package
Blind Spot
Illuminated Star
White Diamond
19" 5 Spoke Wheels Polished With Dark Grey Instead Of 20"s
DBV is offline  
Old 12-10-2015, 07:55 AM
  #123  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Posts: 145
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
2019 MB C300 4Matic (me); 2019 BMW 530i xDrive (husband)
I got an update from my dealer that my GLC is on a ship, should dock at Brunswick, GA early next week and the ETA for me to take delivery is Saturday 12/19! :-) I also asked if there was any rhyme or reason as to why some GLCs have the dual chrome binnacles and some do not; his suspicion was that it would be an anomaly from early production owing to two different parts suppliers that would most likely have been caught by quality control or something, but it would be anyone's guess for now whether the dual binnacles are standard or not. So far, none of the GLCs that the dealer got for the lot had the dual binnacles. So there is that. Anyway, I am super excited to have an idea of a date now. Just a bit more than a week before I post my GLC pictures on here! :-)
GSOTXL is offline  
Old 12-10-2015, 10:29 AM
  #124  
MBWorld Fanatic!
Thread Starter
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,325
Liked 268 Times in 223 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by GSOTXL View Post
I got an update from my dealer that my GLC is on a ship, should dock at Brunswick, GA early next week and the ETA for me to take delivery is Saturday 12/19! :-) I also asked if there was any rhyme or reason as to why some GLCs have the dual chrome binnacles and some do not; his suspicion was that it would be an anomaly from early production owing to two different parts suppliers that would most likely have been caught by quality control or something, but it would be anyone's guess for now whether the dual binnacles are standard or not. So far, none of the GLCs that the dealer got for the lot had the dual binnacles. So there is that. Anyway, I am super excited to have an idea of a date now. Just a bit more than a week before I post my GLC pictures on here! :-)
Great news! Someone's not going to get much sleep the next week!
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 12-10-2015, 11:35 AM
  #125  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
dieseldoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,232
Liked 152 Times in 145 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by GSOTXL View Post
I got an update from my dealer that my GLC is on a ship, should dock at Brunswick, GA early next week and the ETA for me to take delivery is Saturday 12/19! :-) I also asked if there was any rhyme or reason as to why some GLCs have the dual chrome binnacles and some do not; his suspicion was that it would be an anomaly from early production owing to two different parts suppliers that would most likely have been caught by quality control or something, but it would be anyone's guess for now whether the dual binnacles are standard or not. So far, none of the GLCs that the dealer got for the lot had the dual binnacles. So there is that. Anyway, I am super excited to have an idea of a date now. Just a bit more than a week before I post my GLC pictures on here! :-)
I have been to several dealers and looked at several cars on line. All the cars that have had chrome binacles have exclusive interior/interior package on their orders. It seems that this is the only configuration that guarantees them. My salesman has confirmed this with a rep from MBUSA. Thanks, Jeff:

Last edited by dieseldoc; 12-10-2015 at 12:06 PM.
dieseldoc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: The Official 2016 GLC Picture Thread


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: