GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

The Official 2016 GLC Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glc
Originally Posted by dagoselma
First, congrats on your car, it looks great.

Hopefully I'll be able to settle the question on the dual binnacle when I receive mine as I've ordered with the stitched dash - the bad news is that I didn't hear from my dealer yet and will be traveling this week so the earliest I could get the car is next weekend.
I'm also a bit baffled; take a look at these two reviews of US-spec GLC300. Both have cars with the sports package and both have stitched dashes. However, first video shows dual binnacle (see around 8:10), but the second does not (see around 4:10). So it's really unclear to me what is going on here, and I've been following the GLC launch closely in both the U.S. and Europe. Makes me wonder the MB have their act together.

(Btw, those 18" rims in the pic above are indeed common in European-spec GLCs. Unimaginable they put on the wrong wheels in the factory, but who knows...)

Last edited by dr_swe; 11-29-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:48 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 MB C300 4Matic (me); 2021 BMW 530i xDrive (husband)
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
I'm not so sure about that. I think it may be the way US destined GLC's are being built. The one at the car show last weekend, had a dash exactly as ours. But then I could certainly be wrong. On the MBUSA build a GLC, the dash has the dual binnacle's regardless of how it is optioned. Our car certainly doesn't have the two, nor did any of the ones being delivered by our dealer today. We saw 5 with exactly the same dash as ours. But I don't remember if any of them had the stitched dash or not.
Looking at your pics, and the video of the GLC at Atlanta Classic Cars that also does not have the dual binnacles, against the pictures and video of GLCs that have them, I think the look is cleaner without. I REALLY hope that when take delivery of mine (this week?), it won't have them. BUT, I AM starting to regret that I did not include the dash stitching in my build. It's just a small regret that I am sure I will get over when I get inside the GLC for the first time...which is hopefully just days (and then, hopefully only a couple of days) away.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by OhioRiderAaron
Well, I just did a quick google search of the GLC250 and a picture came up with identical 18" wheels. Is it even fathomable that during assembly they put the incorrect wheels on?!! GLC250 wheels on a GLC300?

Thank you for finding this. I searched every US MB car to find these wheels and it never occurred to me to look at European models. Clearly they put the wrong wheels on our car. I'll be speaking with the dealer first thing in the morning about the mistake.

Last edited by rbrylaw; 11-29-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dr_swe
I'm also a bit baffled; take a look at these two reviews of US-spec GLC300. Both have cars with the sports package and both have stitched dashes. However, first video shows dual binnacle (see around 8:10), but the second does not (see around 4:10). So it's really unclear to me what is going on here, and I've been following the GLC launch closely in both the U.S. and Europe. Makes me wonder the MB have their act together.

(Btw, those 18" rims in the pic above are indeed common in European-spec GLCs. Unimaginable they put on the wrong wheels in the factory, but who knows...)

2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC Review: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know - YouTube

2016 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 Review - YouTube
Whether it's unimaginable they could make such a mistake, I'm not sure. But when they built our car, it was clearly fitted with the wrong wheels.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLK350, M3 ZCP
Whether it's unimaginable they could make such a mistake, I'm not sure. But when they built our car, it was clearly fitted with the wrong wheels.
Keep us updated rbrylaw! Hopefully the dealer can figure everything out.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Keep us updated rbrylaw! Hopefully the dealer can figure everything out.
I will. It's going in tomorrow for tinting, all season mats and a new nano coating they've just started offering that's supposed to eliminate waxing for up to 7 years. I'll certainly be poining out we got the wrong wheels and I think we've decided they need to give us the wheels it should have come with to begin with.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 BMW 230ix convertible, 2018 GLC300
I will. It's going in tomorrow for tinting, all season mats and a new nano coating they've just started offering that's supposed to eliminate waxing for up to 7 years. I'll certainly be poining out we got the wrong wheels and I think we've decided they need to give us the wheels it should have come with to begin with.
I ordered a GLE in Cardinal red. I think it looks so sporty with the chrome and black trim. It looks great on your car and I hope mine looks just as good.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

By the way, took this picture when we came home tonight of the rear lights, which I think are cool looking:

The following users liked this post:
Paulo Soares (08-01-2016)
Old 11-30-2015, 12:24 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 GLC300 (prev 99 C43 AMG)
Maybe those are standard wheels for non-4matic cars, and the website configurator doesn't reflect that? I'd look at the DOG.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mystery solved on the wheels. The wheels we got are a no charge optional wheel. They are not the 4Matic wheel, but when dealers order the cars and option them, the wheel we got is one of the options they can select. Since we didn't order the car from the beginning, but it was ordered with the options we wanted, it never occurred to us there would be another wheel option the dealer could select. But there is, so it's the wheel we have. We're OK with the wheel, even though we would have preferred the other one.

In fact, our dealer had two GLC's sitting side by side this morning. Both are GLC300 (not 4Matic). One has the wheel we thought we were getting and the other one has the optional wheel we got.

Last edited by rbrylaw; 11-30-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:22 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
I think the wheel you got looks better than the other one. Congrats on the car.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GLC
Mystery solved on the wheels. The wheels we got are a no charge optional wheel. They are not the 4Matic wheel, but when dealers order the cars and option them, the wheel we got is one of the options they can select. Since we didn't order the car from the beginning, but it was ordered with the options we wanted, it never occurred to us there would be another wheel option the dealer could select. But there is, so it's the wheel we have. We're OK with the wheel, even though we would have preferred the other one.

In fact, our dealer had two GLC's sitting side by side this morning. Both are GLC300 (not 4Matic). One has the wheel we thought we were getting and the other one has the optional wheel we got.
Nice to have this mystery solved. So that means then there are two different 18" wheel options (or possibly more?).

These are the R96 18" wheels:

These are the R31 18" wheels:
Old 11-30-2015, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by liquix
Nice to have this mystery solved. So that means then there are two different 18" wheel options (or possibly more?).

These are the R96 18" wheels:

These are the R31 18" wheels:
You are correct. The wheels on our GLC are the R96. We had no idea this was an option as we expected the R31. I personally like the R31 wheels better, but the R96 aren't bad looking by any stretch of the imagination.

The bottom line for us is our car came as the dealer ordered, so we've got the R96 wheels and that's that. I don't know if there are any other no charge options one can get on the GLC300.

The GLC is at the dealer today as is my C300 Sport. The GLC is getting windows tinted with clear nano ceramic film. I have this on my C300 and it doesn't darken anything, you can not feel any heat from the sun while driving, which I like a lot. And they are putting a new product on both cars called Resistall. It's a nano protection system that comes with a 7 year warranty and is applied inside and out. It's guaranteed for 7 years and supposedly means the cars will not need to be waxed for 7 years. They provide a box of touch up spray one can use if you want to add any more protection. I hope it's as they say it is. They just started offering this product. The good news for us, we didn't pay anything for this on both cars.

Last edited by rbrylaw; 11-30-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
[QUOTE=dr_swe;6628957]I'm also a bit baffled; take a look at these two reviews of US-spec GLC300. Both have cars with the sports package and both have stitched dashes. However, first video shows dual binnacle (see around 8:10), but the second does not (see around 4:10). So it's really unclear to me what is going on here, and I've been following the GLC launch closely in both the U.S. and Europe. Makes me wonder the MB have their act together.

[/QUOTE. I have been to my dealer. They have a car with chrome binacles. It is part of the interior package/cars with leather.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:11 PM

GLK350, M3 ZCP
Very interesting. I wonder how many GLC300's we'll see with those particular wheels. I still don't see an option for those wheels tho. Let it be, I guess.

The ceramic coating is a great idea, similar protection to Opti-coat I believe. Car protection and detailing must be nearly a billion dollar industry now! Film and coating costs are outrageous these days. The things we do for cars
Old 11-30-2015, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Very interesting. I wonder how many GLC300's we'll see with those particular wheels. I still don't see an option for those wheels tho. Let it be, I guess.

The ceramic coating is a great idea, similar protection to Opti-coat I believe. Car protection and detailing must be nearly a billion dollar industry now! Film and coating costs are outrageous these days. The things we do for cars
The 2016 Build Guide the dealers have shows the R96 wheel as an option. I guess that's how they wound up on our build. The MBUSA site doesn't show them.

I just picked up my car. The nano coating on the car is fantastic and the Cranberry Red leather is even a deeper more beautiful color since they applied the protection. It's not shiny like Armor All, thankfully.

This is my C300 Sport (my partner has the GLC300 right now) and I know you can't see much from pics, but the shine is mighty nice now:

BTW, they ordered and installed the GLC300 All Weather Mats in the car. They're really really nice and fit perfectly since they are specific to the GLC.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver

I went to Park Place Dallas today where I ordered my GLC. One of the cars they received has chrome binacles. The rest do not. The only difference in this car was it had the interior package with Leather.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Evidently that's what gets you the Chrome Binnacles. You have to get the Interior Package with Leather. They're nice and all, but for a SUV, we really didn't want leather, so we can easily live without the Binnacles in our GLC.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:41 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG GLC43
The 2016 Build Guide the dealers have shows the R96 wheel as an option. I guess that's how they wound up on our build. The MBUSA site doesn't show them.
Can you post the 2016 build guide?

I just picked up my car. The nano coating on the car is fantastic and the Cranberry Red leather is even a deeper more beautiful color since they applied the protection. It's not shiny like Armor All, thankfully.
I wish the GLC had the black / red leather interior as an option. Maybe for 2016 or the GLC 450. *fingers crossed*
Old 11-30-2015, 07:34 PM

GLK350, M3 ZCP
Rbrylaw, your C300 Sport looks great! That will most likely be my replacement vehicle come June 2016

That brown leather looks excellent! Can't go wrong with any of these combinations IMO. Frosty, I suspect the red/black interior will show up in the GLC450 too. Hopefully the coupe and V6TT show up soon!!
Old 11-30-2015, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Rbrylaw, your C300 Sport looks great! That will most likely be my replacement vehicle come June 2016

That brown leather looks excellent! Can't go wrong with any of these combinations IMO. Frosty, I suspect the red/black interior will show up in the GLC450 too. Hopefully the coupe and V6TT show up soon!!
The brown leather is gorgeous on the car I looked at today. I have ordered it on my car that is to be built in January
Old 11-30-2015, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by FrostyZoob
Can you post the 2016 build guide?

I wish the GLC had the black / red leather interior as an option. Maybe for 2016 or the GLC 450. *fingers crossed*
The build guide is too large to post on the forum, but if you send me a PM, I'll be happy to email it to you.

I've had my C300 Sport for about 4 weeks now and driving home tonight, I was thinking how much fun it is to drive.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:20 AM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG GLC43
That brown leather looks excellent! Can't go wrong with any of these combinations
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
The brown leather is gorgeous on the car I looked at today. I have ordered it on my car that is to be built in January
I like the espresso interior as well, but I could do without a brown steering wheel (and column!). I wish they allowed you to keep the black wheel entirely. As it is, the brown wheel just pushes the whole thing into "too much brown" territory.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
e350
Just picked it up from the dealer.

My GLC has the chrome Binnacles. (It has the sport package, but does NOT have leather or the interior package.)

it also has the multi-function chrome seat controls on the passenger door side, just with no memory.

The 19 inch amg wheels are very nice. They are kind of a chrome-ish, metallic light grey.. they reflect the light and pop. Especially against the black body. Break disks also look bigger and are perforated in the front with large perforated grey calipers that read mercedes benz.

Car rides great, and much more sporty and nimble than my e350. And I am sure this will only get better as the engine, transmission and tires all break in.

MB-text looks very nice in black. Drivers seat has a thigh extension piece that I did not expect. Top stitched dash and doors very nicely done. it was the first thing my daughter noticed. Linden wood is darker (actually its dark), but beautiful. And looks like wood, not a copy.

I have the air suspension. Very tight. Zero body roll, squat or dive no matter how hard you push. A quick jerk of the wheel for a lane change and it just moves to the right, no mushiness or delay or push. very little, in fact no, understeer as well. Sport is very stiff (have not tried sport+ yet). Comfort is smooth, but still stiff for sure. This car is not meant for some one who likes not to feel any bumps. it is European firm for sure.

I agree with the above.. very powerful engine. Car feels light and jumps. Like the engine is not even straining. I have yet to push the pedal more than 1/2 way and it moves. very smooth and refined as well.

Also, i like the exterior lighting.. small touch but when you unlock the car, lights comes on under the mirrors to light the ground. And all four door handles have lights (facing inwards i guess) that cause the handle wells to all glow white.

Burm stereo is good, though not stellar. there are some controls that helped.. more treble and a bit more mid range seemed to make a big difference

The funky touch pad thing seems like more of a gimmick. right now its actually pretty annoying. but i am going to give it some more time

It's dark and raining right now here in Boston, so i'll post some pictures tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
e350

Ok, this is probably the worst quality pic on this site. Dark, raining, spotlight on. But.. it still looks pretty nice
The following users liked this post:
Paulo Soares (08-01-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Official 2016 GLC Picture Thread