GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Wheels Magazine review

Old 12-09-2015, 03:58 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
GLE 350D GLC 250D, Previous vehicles W204, W164, W163, W210 & W202
Wheels Magazine review

Wheels magazine (Australia) have just published a GLC review with some interesting comments on the suspension.

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/reviews/...nz-glc-review/
Old 12-09-2015, 12:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
e350
Thanks for this. I have the air suspension, and in sport (and especially in s+) it corners and switches lanes at high speed like it's on rails. You can also bang it into a 90 degree turn at 30 mph and it just goes with no roll, no dive, no squat. For an SUV (and especially coming from an e350 Sport - which btw is a misnomer in the e-class) it's very impressive. More like a hatchback. I did not expect it to be as much fun to drive as it actually is. When you put it in sport.. you can see/feel the car lower and hunker down (i think it drops .8inch or 20mm)

In 'comfort' mode, its still tight.. bit a little less immediate in its response and will roll/lean into a turn and squat and dive (a bit) under heavy acceleration and braking. feels more like a suv with that higher center or gravity. If this was the only set up, you'd never know the difference and still think it was very sweet ride and well controlled and probably would not even notice. Until you drive it in 'S'