GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

My car arrived...BUT

Old 12-14-2015, 04:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
350 sd
My car arrived...BUT

Got the call... your car is here. Only to find my request not to drill the front bumper didn't get communicated and the 14 way memory passenger seat wasn't in the build. The dealer offered to repair the drill holes, but I'm not going that route...going to see if this is something I can leverage for more stuff (they did offer to reorder the vehicle). With regards to the passenger seat they are telling me now it is only available with the interior upgrade. Initially it would configure with the MB Tex interior and they printed it up when they built my car and priced it. They said when the order placed the seat would not build without the upgrade. Obviously they should have told me but did not. Does anyone know for sure if the seat upgrade is a stand along option or MUST be ordered with he leather. TIA.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:20 PM

2000 ML320
Originally Posted by jmbaker3
Got the call... your car is here. Only to find my request not to drill the front bumper didn't get communicated and the 14 way memory passenger seat wasn't in the build. The dealer offered to repair the drill holes, but I'm not going that route...going to see if this is something I can leverage for more stuff (they did offer to reorder the vehicle). With regards to the passenger seat they are telling me now it is only available with the interior upgrade. Initially it would configure with the MB Tex interior and they printed it up when they built my car and priced it. They said when the order placed the seat would not build without the upgrade. Obviously they should have told me but did not. Does anyone know for sure if the seat upgrade is a stand along option or MUST be ordered with he leather. TIA.
I went into the configurator and selected the 14 way passenger seat. It said that to get that option you have to add:

Interior Package
Leather
Topstitched MB-Tex upper dash trim OR Sport Package
Premium Package
Old 12-14-2015, 04:26 PM

350 sd
Originally Posted by Tripoli
I went into the configurator and selected the 14 way passenger seat. It said that to get that option you have to add:

Interior Package
Leather
Topstitched MB-Tex upper dash trim OR Sport Package
Premium Package
I agree...but back in October when we built and ordered the car the seat would option out as a stand along with the MB Tex.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
I'm pretty sure your dealer is telling you the truth. To get the programmable passenger seat, you have to get the Interior Package with leather. Honestly, it's not worth the additional $430 to begin with. The seat has all the electrical adjustment any passenger might need.

I don't have any advice on the front bumper. You must live in a state where front license plates are required by law? If that is true, it's hard to be mad at your dealer for them assuming you intended to follow state law. If you don't have to have a front plate, you have every right to be annoyed.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:36 PM

350 sd
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
I'm pretty sure your dealer is telling you the truth. To get the programmable passenger seat, you have to get the Interior Package with leather. Honestly, it's not worth the additional $430 to begin with. The seat has all the electrical adjustment any passenger might need.

Yeah I know.

I don't have any advice on the front bumper. You must live in a state where front license plates are required by law? If that is true, it's hard to be mad at your dealer for them assuming you intended to follow state law. If you don't have to have a front plate, you have every right to be annoyed.
Maryland requires the tag, but I asked 3 times and it was on the order not to drill. I have run vehicles here before and on all the vetted never got pulled over...on my excursion they nabbed me once and slapped my wrist. The tag wrecks the front of the car and they did offer to reorder....so my only hang up there is trying to get more items from them...

Just inquired about changing the wheels and asked about the r96 I've seen on this site. They called back and said they can't get any info on them at this time.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:48 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 BMW 230ix convertible, 2018 GLC300
Maryland requires the tag, but I asked 3 times and it was on the order not to drill. I have run vehicles here before and on all the vetted never got pulled over...on my excursion they nabbed me once and slapped my wrist. The tag wrecks the front of the car and they did offer to reorder....so my only hang up there is trying to get more items from them...

Just inquired about changing the wheels and asked about the r96 I've seen on this site. They called back and said they can't get any info on them at this time.
Why don't they swap bumpers with another car? This was their error and they should make it right. You are the consumer and deserve what you ordered. As for the memory seat, it's only available with leather and the dealer should have notified you at the time of manufacturing.

For all your trouble, have the dealer throw in all weather mats, trunk mat, and service A and B. Costs them very little and worth a lot to you.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:31 AM

350 sd
Originally Posted by William Kayen
Why don't they swap bumpers with another car? This was their error and they should make it right. You are the consumer and deserve what you ordered. As for the memory seat, it's only available with leather and the dealer should have notified you at the time of manufacturing.

For all your trouble, have the dealer throw in all weather mats, trunk mat, and service A and B. Costs them very little and worth a lot to you.
They did offer to repair and paint, not an option to me...or reorder so they have been trying to accommodate. They should have known about the seat package. we may go look at the car today, and if we decide to go forward we will be asking for concessions. I didn't think about asking for service. Thxs.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:57 AM

350 sd
For all your trouble, have the dealer throw in all weather mats, trunk mat, and service A and B. Costs them very little and worth a lot to you.[/QUOTE]

what is service A and B? sorry for the ignorance.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:28 PM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
I've seen several instances wherein front bumper plate holder holes have been repaired and the repair was not discernible.

That being said, on the Corvette Forum, the Maryland guys frequently post about being cited for no front plate. The consensus among them is the Maryland State Police enforcement of this requirement is robust.

My experience with no Vette front plate in Ohio is, in 15 years have been cited once. Knock on wood.

Last edited by larrypmyers; 12-15-2015 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:32 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 BMW 230ix convertible, 2018 GLC300
what is service A and B? sorry for the ignorance.[/QUOTE]

Service A is the one year or 12,000 mile service and service B is the two year or 24,000 mile service.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
1) What you choose to do about the bumper - is what you choose to do - dealer can repair 100% to as new - that's not rocket science - bumper is pulled - holes filled - resprayed and remounted - FYI

2) The Mercedes spec/build sheet - the factory always has a printed comment at the bottom "Prices and specifications subject to change without prior notice" - and in this case Merccedes factory changed the preliminary spec to the final production spec for that package on the fly - and frankly Mercedes does not notify dealer's when the spec changes on the bounce.

Yes - the dealer could have "caught" it when the vehicle arrived - but frankly nothing can be done by the dealer to the production spec as it is now - unless you choose to go forward to a new order and new spec...
Old 12-16-2015, 02:51 PM

350 sd
Saw the car today...looks nice. Accept for that hideous tag on the front. Pulled it off to see the holes and no covering them. The "drill tech" pulled the drill out of the holes and must not have kept it running. So it's puckered big time...no plugs there. Anyway, the sales manager got involved and increased the discount to over 10 %, plus sales guy will toss in all weather mats including cargo. Told them it wasn't about the money, which to a degree it is, but seriously about getting what we wanted. Also my wife saw a small tear in the arm rest console top... they said they would pull two doors from another vehicle onsite and replace. Always has amazed me how the lowest paid guy on staff is the one who preps these high dollar vehicles. Anyway...I'll make a decision tomorrow on whether to reorder or just take it.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:05 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC 250D
Good fishing for a better discount and deal. Grab it and run now. The next one on order may be worse
Old 12-17-2015, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Saw the car today...looks nice. Accept for that hideous tag on the front. Pulled it off to see the holes and no covering them. The "drill tech" pulled the drill out of the holes and must not have kept it running. So it's puckered big time...no plugs there. Anyway, the sales manager got involved and increased the discount to over 10 %, plus sales guy will toss in all weather mats including cargo. Told them it wasn't about the money, which to a degree it is, but seriously about getting what we wanted. Also my wife saw a small tear in the arm rest console top... they said they would pull two doors from another vehicle onsite and replace. Always has amazed me how the lowest paid guy on staff is the one who preps these high dollar vehicles. Anyway...I'll make a decision tomorrow on whether to reorder or just take it.
I'd run all the way to the bank and smile with that deal. I know you're miffed about the front bumper, but the only people who will see it when you're having fun behind the wheel of your GLC will be cars passing you from the other side of the road. Just sayin........
Old 12-17-2015, 01:16 PM

350 sd
I'd run all the way to the bank and smile with that deal. I know you're miffed about the front bumper, but the only people who will see it when you're having fun behind the wheel of your GLC will be cars passing you from the other side of the road. Just sayin........
I know...just I was petty adamant about not mounting the bracket, then they puckered the plastic pulling the drill out which is hidden behind the bracket and screwed the lic plate screws into the bumper as well when they put the dealer tag surround on. Just pisses me off.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I know...just I was petty adamant about not mounting the bracket, then they puckered the plastic pulling the drill out which is hidden behind the bracket and screwed the lic plate screws into the bumper as well when they put the dealer tag surround on. Just pisses me off.
Be pissed. Then enjoy the savings.

Have you made your decision?
Old 12-21-2015, 01:58 PM

350 sd
Be pissed. Then enjoy the savings.

Have you made your decision?
They have offered to reorder with the above discount for the inconvenience. we just need to tell them which wheels. I'd like to see yours in real life but have not found anything on the ground.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They have offered to reorder with the above discount for the inconvenience. we just need to tell them which wheels. I'd like to see yours in real life but have not found anything on the ground.
You'd be welcome to see them in person if you were anywhere near Tampa.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:05 PM

350 sd
You'd be welcome to see them in person if you were anywhere near Tampa.

Thanks...but we travel to Jupiter area when in FL.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:46 AM

350 sd
Reorder finally showed up and we took delivery yesterday...now comes figuring out all these things. Have to say Mercedes Benz of Annapolis was excellent to deal with as well.
Attached Thumbnails My car arrived...BUT-mercedes.jpeg  
Old 04-07-2016, 01:01 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
OP, for the front bumper drilled holes, please checkout bumperplugs.com.

http://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php...gory&path=1_11

I have been using them since the 1990's, and they are well known in many car communities.

Congrats,
Old 04-07-2016, 01:09 PM

350 sd
Originally Posted by axhoaxho
OP, for the front bumper drilled holes, please checkout bumperplugs.com.

http://www.bumperplugs.com/index.php...gory&path=1_11

I have been using them since the 1990's, and they are well known in many car communities.

Congrats,
They would not have worked on the original order. The "drillmaster" must have pulled the drill out once it was off and puckered the bumper out BIG time... or we would have considered this option.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:05 AM

When we were choosing options I mentioned to the salesperson to not drill the front bumper to accommodate the license plate holder. He responded the dealership only installs the plate holder when instructed to do so by the buyer.

After the fiasco with jmbaker's vehicle am thinking his dealer is considering a similar procedure.

Last edited by larrypmyers; 04-08-2016 at 12:10 AM.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:05 AM

350 sd
Originally Posted by larrypmyers
When we were choosing options I mentioned to the salesperson to not drill the front bumper to accommodate the license plate holder. He responded the dealership only installs the plate holder when instructed to do so by the buyer.

After the fiasco with jmbaker's vehicle am thinking his dealer is considering a similar procedure.
Our dealer doesn't drill the front if the vehicle is over a certain MSRP. Makes sense right? Not.
Old 04-08-2016, 10:30 PM

Our dealer doesn't drill the front if the vehicle is over a certain MSRP. Makes sense right? Not.
I agree jm. Your dealer is suffering a massive case of terminal faulty logic.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car arrived...BUT