GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Will they treat me well?

Old 04-14-2016, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not applicable
Will they treat me well?

Because of discount %, I ordered my GLC from a dealer which is pretty far away from home. However, there are at least 3 nearby dealers and I only need to drive 5~20 minutes.

Obviously I won't go back to the dealer where I bought the car for any post-sale service because that's really unrealistic and really long distance.

Of course MB service and warranty are country-wide and should not have difference regardless where I am, right? But I am still a little worry about "people", not MB policy. If any problems or issues, will these local dealer treat me well just like someone bought the car from them, or their attitude may different? Any maintenance discount may different?

How about your experience?

Million thanks!
Old 04-14-2016, 01:12 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
They *should* treat you no different from a customer who purchased there. After all, they don't know the circumstances of your purchase. Maybe you have a good friend at the other place or just happened to stop in while you were in the area and saw the perfect car on the lot. Smart dealers would like to be in your good graces when it's time for the next purchase, right?
I'm guessing even if you bought the maintenance plan at purchase, the dealer performing the service gets compensated for parts and labor (an assumption on my part) so in that respect they should welcome you with open arms.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
I have owned multiple Mercedes. I currently own 2 Mercedes. One I bought at current dealer. One from another dealer. No difference in my service experience. Excellent for both cars
Old 04-14-2016, 08:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
If you want to feel "right" about it - best felling is to remove the "other dealer" license plate frame/decals - and buy MB/AMG license plate frame...

Keep the beat !
Old 04-14-2016, 10:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2016 GLC 300 4Matic
Another issue may be the price. Not all dealers charge the same price for A and B services. Check each of the dealerships. Good luck
Old 04-15-2016, 01:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
'16 GL550, '12 C350
Nothing wrong with using another dealer for warranty and service and you'll be treated the same - but bear in mind, if the dealership uses a rental car company as well as their own dealer loaner fleet, if you use a dealer that you didn't purchase from, you might get stuck with a rental loaner instead. So find out ahead time. Nothing worse than dropping off your Benz and getting a seriously crappy rental car. Although who cares, it's a pain and always a lot of paperwork.