GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Tyre scrubbing on (full) lock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 11:29 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by Teckno
First photo tyre crabbing, second photo normal tyre on other corner and last is copy of specs for RHD Veh with run flats, 20" Pirelli.
Hope this helps.
Hey Techno,

How did they adjust your CAMBER? Mine is way way out. An independent company discovered that, Mercedes is the only place they can adjust it apparently through correction bearings and replacement of the control arms.

Does that make sense to you?

Cheers,

JP

PS. Not saying it is the cure, but it is something that has to be eliminated.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 183 Likes on 150 Posts
GLC 300d 4matic
Originally Posted by dejongj
Hey Techno,

How did they adjust your CAMBER? Mine is way way out. An independent company discovered that, Mercedes is the only place they can adjust it apparently through correction bearings and replacement of the control arms.

Cheers,

JP

Are you going to get yours adjusted? I thought you were of the opinion that nothing should be changed in case MB tried to blame the interference for the problems!
Old 02-14-2017, 12:37 PM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by decorily
Are you going to get yours adjusted? I thought you were of the opinion that nothing should be changed in case MB tried to blame the interference for the problems!
Only Mercedes can change it anyway

I've had the check done by the most renowned company in the country. Mercedes was aware and has expressed they are content with the results. It is in the process of being booked in. But parts need to be ordered etc.

I had to get it checked as my tyre was getting so bad and Mercedes kept on refusing. They are now playing ball.

Not saying this will be the cure, but it needs to be sorted before progressing anything else. Shame Mercedes didn't do this the first time, nor the second, nor the third, nor the fourth time I took it in. But hey we are back in communication and spanners are getting involved
Old 02-14-2017, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 300d 4matic
Only Mercedes can change it anyway

I've had the check done by the most renowned company in the country. Mercedes was aware and has expressed they are content with the results. It is in the process of being booked in. But parts need to be ordered etc.

I had to get it checked as my tyre was getting so bad and Mercedes kept on refusing. They are now playing ball.

Not saying this will be the cure, but it needs to be sorted before progressing anything else. Shame Mercedes didn't do this the first time, nor the second, nor the third, nor the fourth time I took it in. But hey we are back in communication and spanners are getting involved
Well it's good to hear that they are eventually taking it seriously. Hope it improves the situation for you.
The following users liked this post:
dejongj (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 04:24 PM

right to be forgotten
Here are my details from the geometry check

https://www.mercedescrabbing.org/201...eometry-check/
Old 02-14-2017, 08:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 GLC300, 2017 Corvette Z06
Hey Techno,

Cheers,

JP

This is crazy. Is that over engineered or laziness on MB behalf? I can understand special tools to make the proper measurements but not having to by "special parts" to correct alignment issues. This being said, this is our first German car................except my '65 Beetle in high school.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:59 AM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
2019 C63s Cabriolet
JP, glad you seem to be making some progress, but shame on your dealer and MB for leaving you to organize (and pay?) for the check yourself. Keeping my fingers crossed for you post rectification!!
Old 02-15-2017, 05:12 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by Matteus GLC AMG
JP, glad you seem to be making some progress, but shame on your dealer and MB for leaving you to organize (and pay?) for the check yourself. Keeping my fingers crossed for you post rectification!!
Indeed, they have become responsive now. The check was only £36 which is about $10 these days Mainly as they can't fix anything.

Fingers crossed for the next steps. It is 24 hours later and I'm still awaiting to hear when it can go in...
Old 02-15-2017, 07:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 300d 4matic
Originally Posted by ArcticWhiteZ51
...........except my '65 Beetle in high school.

If only it could talk......the stories it could tell!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2017, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 301 Likes on 190 Posts
GLC 450
Auto express have a GLC on test at moment and have done a report on it in this weeks issue.
A lot of the article is in relation to the Tyre judder at low speed and it says that Mercedes UK are working with engineers in Germany on a fix.
It looks like they are now acknowledging the problem - the power of the press.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:27 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by Philamg
Auto express have a GLC on test at moment and have done a report on it in this weeks issue.
A lot of the article is in relation to the Tyre judder at low speed and it says that Mercedes UK are working with engineers in Germany on a fix.
It looks like they are now acknowledging the problem - the power of the press.
Let's hope so for a fix They acknowledged it by issuing a waiver to sign to prospective owners. Still nothing to existing owners, nothing to their retailers, nothing to the CEO office.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC43AMG Polar White, 21" Alloys, Prem Plus Package, LED Intelligent Light, 360 Camera
Let's hope so for a fix They acknowledged it by issuing a waiver to sign to prospective owners. Still nothing to existing owners, nothing to their retailers, nothing to the CEO office.
Good to hear this JP.. Look forward to hearing from MB Finance on my process to reject the car..
Old 02-15-2017, 04:05 PM

right to be forgotten
BTW In the meantime Mercedes do NOT accept my test results. As if by magic they've found new target data which according to them without even having seen or checked the vehicle would mean that it is within tolerances. Funny that, I do not believe in magic.

But hey I got to be seen to give them every opportunity so in a weeks time it is going in to Mercedes Benz once more and now for a check on their Hunter machine with the new target data.

Any bets for the final result? Mine is on that there is nothing wrong and it is just a characteristic.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Have they actually driven your car JP, if they do and say it is a characteristic then they need treatment.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:07 PM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by Philamg
Have they actually driven your car JP, if they do and say it is a characteristic then they need treatment.
Would you believe it when I say; no they haven't. It is quite remarkable that they still haven't. They just keep repeating it is a known characteristic.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLC 450
Would you believe it when I say; no they haven't. It is quite remarkable that they still haven't. They just keep repeating it is a known characteristic.
It may well be but NOT as bad as your car is.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:37 AM

right to be forgotten
In the meantime the latest campaign, live since this morning is; Dear Garry Savage, there is something you need to know.

Directly aimed at the CEO of Mercedes UK. Posts are starting to flood in from owners, and the page is beginning to build nicely. Only registered and verified users will have access to a form that will make a post automatically on that page.

https://www.mercedescrabbing.org/dea...omething-know/

So if you aren't registered yet, please do register and make your voice heard.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:57 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
AMG GLC 43, GLC Coupe 300 2020
Just like to add a comment and get people thoughts.

As this forum is a world wide forum it would be nice if the https://www.mercedescrabbing.org site reflected and represented all RHD GLC owners with the crabbing issue, no matter what part of the world you live.
Remember " together we are stronger" And forget CEO of Mercedes UK. We should all come together and Target CEO Mercedes Benz world wide who I believe is Dr. Dieter Zetsche Chairman of the Board of Management / Mercedes-Benz Cars / Daimler Trucks & Buses.

I think the idea is great and support you 100%, just think it would be good to target the organ grinder instead of the monkey.

I know there are a lot of Australian owners that would be right behind you too if you were to expand it.
Old 02-16-2017, 06:35 PM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by wmc021
Just like to add a comment and get people thoughts.

As this forum is a world wide forum it would be nice if the https://www.mercedescrabbing.org site reflected and represented all RHD GLC owners with the crabbing issue, no matter what part of the world you live.
Remember " together we are stronger" And forget CEO of Mercedes UK. We should all come together and Target CEO Mercedes Benz world wide who I believe is Dr. Dieter Zetsche Chairman of the Board of Management / Mercedes-Benz Cars / Daimler Trucks & Buses.

I think the idea is great and support you 100%, just think it would be good to target the organ grinder instead of the monkey.

I know there are a lot of Australian owners that would be right behind you too if you were to expand it.
It is a chicken and egg situation I would suggest. It would be fantastic when the Aussie owners get behind it and make a stance. And why limit it to Australia, What about all the other RHD markets?

Unfortunately the facts are that they aren't. The campaign to the UK CEO only started today. The site has been up and running for about two weeks. Unless I'm mistaken only 1 confirmed person from Australia has registered.

Anyone is welcome, and anyone can get contributor rights. The moderation is super light, only focused on avoiding libel and defamation claims. The one ask existing owners also have is that those with access to the vehicle owners group and membership list are verified owners of vehicles that are affected.

There is the potential for legal action in the future and certain elements need to remain confidential.

In my opinion, and that is purely my opinion, there is no point in targeting the global CEO. Compared to the large LHD markets us that are affected are nothing but a rounding error on a spreadsheet. Further more there is no legal connection. I don't know about Australian law but in the UK the contract is with the retailer not with the manufacturer. However the local importer (Mercedes Benz UK) does have a legal responsibility to deliver vehicles of satisfactory quality. As far as I know that responsibility does not reside with the overall chairman.

Saying that, if you want to push up a page and target messages at the Australian CEO, and or the Global CEO that would be great. The site is based on a content management system so it is easy to add multiple categories and target multiple in one go.

It would be fantastic to get more confirmed reports from confirmed and verified owners from other RHD markets
Old 02-16-2017, 09:07 PM

Hi Dejongj,

Thanks for the reply, as they say "every day is a school day".
You have much more of understanding of how it works than most.

I will be joining later today and I'm hoping that with a little push in this and other forums we can start to motivate OZ owners to start getting on board.
I feel as our weather starts to cool in Oz and more GLC 43's are sold (they have not been out very long in OZ) The movement here will build.
Just like to thank you for your input on the forum always very informative.
dejongj (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 02:47 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by wmc021
Hi Dejongj,

Thanks for the reply, as they say "every day is a school day".
You have much more of understanding of how it works than most.

I will be joining later today and I'm hoping that with a little push in this and other forums we can start to motivate OZ owners to start getting on board.
I feel as our weather starts to cool in Oz and more GLC 43's are sold (they have not been out very long in OZ) The movement here will build.
Just like to thank you for your input on the forum always very informative.
I sincerely hope it won't happen But you make a good point, your weather is slowly starting to cool down. Fingers crossed
Old 02-17-2017, 03:53 AM

right to be forgotten
The crabbing is super bad this morning ....

Got to keep it light and happy, it is just a car ...
Attached Thumbnails Tyre scrubbing on (full) lock-fullsizeoutput_4ff.jpeg  
The following 3 users liked this post by dejongj:
JustinS (02-19-2017), Matteus GLC AMG (02-17-2017), Teckno (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 03:56 AM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
2019 C63s Cabriolet
The crabbing is super bad this morning ....

Got to keep it light and happy, it is just a car ...

LOL!!! Nice one JP!
dejongj (02-17-2017)
Old 02-17-2017, 11:39 PM

Oh Boy

Well first really cool damp morning in Adelaide and as I thought would happen Crabbing went from just noticeably to Oh My god thought someone had removed the wheels nuts.
Really not happy now
Old 02-17-2017, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
2016 GLC 250d AMG pack, 2017 GLC Coupe 250d AMG pack , 2002 BMW 330Ci convertible, 2021 BMX X1 sD20i
Hey Techno,

Cheers,

JP

Hi just had 25k alignment done. Machine did not print, bugger.... but got screen shot of machine data.
Very interesting, i an not qualified to fully understand, but the left front wheel continues to be out of range.
More of interest looks like MB have changed data points and acceptable ranges.
I will have a look and try to list as well as check camber data.
Cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Tyre scrubbing on (full) lock