GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Order Placed -> GLC43 AMG SUV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 07:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
14 Audi RS5, 16 Audi S3, 15 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, 17 MB GLC43 AMG, 17 Volvo XC90 Inscription
Order Placed -> GLC43 AMG SUV

One month down, four to go.
I'm told end of June delivery.

GLC43 AMG SUV
Black Obsidian
Black Leather w/ Red Stitching
Night Package
Advanced Parking Assistance Package
Premium 3 Package
Wheel Locking Bolts
Heated and Active Ventilated Front Seats
Panorama Roof
Heated Steering Wheel
Head-Up Display
Black Roof Liner
21" AMG Twin 5-Spoke Wheels w/ Black Accents
Brushed Aluminum Door Trim
Burmester Surround Sound system
Heated Rear Seats
Heated Windshield Washer System
Omission of Red Seatbelts
Rear Side Airbags
TOTAL - $72,550

I got $4k off sticker, so about $68.5k.
My first MB.

Looking for that E63S Coupe too that will probably never happen. :-)

Last edited by MBGLC43Guy; 03-08-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:28 PM

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
'20 GLE450; '06 CL65
Congrats, man, and welcome aboard. Like a songster once sang: the waiting is the hardest part. Mine is either at port or on a truck to the dealer, so mine's almost over. Hang in there and follow this forum; you'll find all sorts of helpful hints. But none on the E63S coupe.

Out of curiosity: Do you still have the XC90? How you like it? I was considering one before I settled on the '43. Different vehicle, I know, with different up/downsides, but curious of your take on it.

Last edited by Skizz; 03-08-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:26 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
GLC43 AMG
Originally Posted by Skizz
Congrats, man, and welcome aboard. Like a songster once sang: the waiting is the hardest part.
That's why I bought one that was in stock :P Didn't configure.

I took the SUV over the Coupe as well. More functional.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:16 AM

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Mercedes GLC43
Great spec. Picked up my black GLC43 yesterday with 21" wheels (no black accents) and I can say you nailed it! The car looks like it was made to be black.

The Burmester Surround Sound system is obligatory - and worth every penny. I had a loaner 2017 C300 with the stock sound system which was just borderline adequate. The Burmester is night and day better.

Omission of Red Seatbelts - good call sir. We did the same (and got black leather without the red stitching).

Enjoy your wheels. Photos of mine just posted on the photo thread.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:54 PM

14 Audi RS5, 16 Audi S3, 15 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, 17 MB GLC43 AMG, 17 Volvo XC90 Inscription
Originally Posted by Skizz
Congrats, man, and welcome aboard. Like a songster once sang: the waiting is the hardest part. Mine is either at port or on a truck to the dealer, so mine's almost over. Hang in there and follow this forum; you'll find all sorts of helpful hints. But none on the E63S coupe.

Out of curiosity: Do you still have the XC90? How you like it? I was considering one before I settled on the '43. Different vehicle, I know, with different up/downsides, but curious of your take on it.
The XC90 is my wife's car. We just got it in October. It's a completely loaded 17 Inscription with every option including the Luxury Package with the Nubuck headliner, Leather Sunvisors/Grab Handles, and the Massaging Seats.

I paid to have the Polestar performance SW put on it before we picked it up.
Before that she was driving a 2003 FX45 (V8). She loves the car, but misses the V8 howl. Of course we knew that coming in with the Tubro/Supercharged 4. That's why I put the Polestar update on it.

It's a big guy. Just barely makes it into the garage with about 10" to spare in the front/back, but I'll tell you, it really doesn't feel like a big car.

We looked at a Q7, but it was like $86k fully loaded vs. $73k and is butt ugly.

I'll be sticking with my RS5 for awhile. Really don't like the look of the new one, and don't want TT V6. I'd love to have an E63S Coupe, but that may never get made.
I need AWD for the winter. The RS5 with Nokians is like a tank. The GLC43 is for my son. Lucky kid...

Last edited by MBGLC43Guy; 03-09-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
'20 GLE450; '06 CL65
Originally Posted by MBGLC43Guy
The XC90 is my wife's car. We just got it in October. It's a completely loaded 17 Inscription with every option including the Luxury Package with the Nubuck headliner, Leather Sunvisors/Grab Handles, and the Massaging Seats.

I paid to have the Polestar performance SW put on it before we picked it up.
Before that she was driving a 2003 FX45 (V8). She loves the car, but misses the V8 howl. Of course we knew that coming in with the Tubro/Supercharged 4. That's why I put the Polestar update on it.

It's a big guy. Just barely makes it into the garage with about 10" to spare in the front/back, but I'll tell you, it really doesn't feel like a big car.

We looked at a Q7, but it was like $86k fully loaded vs. $73k and is butt ugly.
That sounds exactly like the build I was going to do, Lux package, Polestar and all. I thought it was an awesome looking vehicle and liked the interior. Was going to do white on black interior with the dark wood and black headliner. The one thing I noticed on all of the ones I looked at was that the rolling pano cover sagged, even new. It's a large area for one piece of cloth, I suppose. It bugged me though.

I was pretty much down to the XC90 or the GLC43, even though they are very different dynamically. More because of my relationship with my MB dealer than anything I settled on the '43. And I spec'd the Designo black interior; basically diamond stitched interior. That made it for me.

I'm anxious to hear your compare/contrast of the two when your '43 arrives.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
993, 996, NA miata, GLC
Originally Posted by MBGLC43Guy
The XC90 is my wife's car....
XC90 reliability experience from owners have been spotty at best. How's yours?
Old 03-09-2017, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by speed12sil
XC90 reliability experience from owners have been spotty at best. How's yours?
No problems, it's a later 2017 build from September.
The 2016s had tons of problems that they worked out.

I ordered it in February and got it in October.
I was happy to wait for them to finish working all the kinks out.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:39 PM

Received 132 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Congrats and great build. Very similar to how mine will be...once I can get things together and pull the trigger. Wow, June delivery seems kinda long, so hopefully you get sooner. Good luck!