GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

GLC-43 Dimensions vs GLE-43 !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C300 Sport
Exclamation GLC-43 Dimensions vs GLE-43 !!!!!!

On MBUSA website the dimensions of the GLC-43 and GLE-43 have one unique difference which I can not find an explanation to.

The GLC-43 is 82.5" from the Back and 76.0" from the front. Which makes it WIDER from the back. This seems OK.

However, the GLE-43 is 78.9" from the back and 84.3" from the front which makes it WIDER from the front. This is what does NOT seem correct to me.

Is there something I'm missing? Is the GLE-43 actually wider in the front?

--image is attached--

If anyone has an explanation to this, please elaborate.
Attached Thumbnails GLC-43 Dimensions vs GLE-43    !!!!!!-gle-vs-glc.png  
Old 04-29-2017, 09:35 AM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
I think these numbers are reversed and are also described incorrectly. In addition, they're illustrated inaccurately.

The lines in your photo don't make sense because they make it appear as if the measurements were taken to the outside of the tire. No one does that. Measurement is to the outside of the body.

Vehicle width is customarily provided two ways: Maximum width of body without mirrors, and total width including mirrors. Looking at the photo you provided, and for no apparent reason, MBUSA shows this is as if measurement was made to the outside of the tire.

I don't have the coupe info, but I'm looking at the illustrations and measurements in the GLC and GLE order guides. There, GLC is shown as if the "mirrors included" measurement is from the front. GLE catalog is reversed: The "mirrors included" measurement is depicted as the rear view. So that just adds to the confusion.

In any event, their non-Coupe specs are as follows:

GLC43 = 82.5" incl mirrors and 74.4" w/o mirrors
GLE63 = 84.3" incl mirrors and 77.4" w/o mirrors)