GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

First MY 18 GLC300 Quote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 02:20 PM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
First MY 18 GLC300 Quote

Finally able to be mobile enough to get to dealer for first quote.

List $56835
USAA Incentive $1000
Dealer Discount $1000

One pay lease 36/10
Residual 59% $33532

Did not break out MF but total interest on the residual is $2862. Can calculate backwards from there.

Total out the door on 1 pay lease $27,761

This is on an ordered vehicle.

Seeing another dealer tomorrow but I think I can negotiate more than $1K off list, even on a popular vehicle.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:32 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
My personal opinion is that I would not move forward on an order unless the dealer discount is at least 6% off ($3500 in your case). That's what I got. It took a little shopping around but it wasn't super difficult. Also, you are leasing and there is on the back end for the dealer on a lease.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:45 PM

2023 EQB300
I would love to speak with your dealer! I'll continue to shop it and I told sales mgr I would shop it. He simply said he will price match but doubts anyone would beat him. We'll see what tomorrow brings
Old 08-19-2017, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo xc70
When you special order of a car, at what stage is the final discounted price negotiated?
Old 08-19-2017, 05:43 PM

2023 EQB300
I emailed the build I want to the dealer and we agreed tgat it would be a special order. Went to dealership and negotiated cash price. Also got a one pay lease quote. Lease depends upon residual and mf at delivery so amount is subject to change. Ill only need to commit to cash or lease at delivery.

Ordered vehicle based upon cash amount and gave $1000 deposit. Sales rep looked in their system and noted they had several vehicles for second decade sept 2017. Inventory mgr was able to grab one and modify order to my specs, noting vehicle in Netstar as sold. I had the po number within an hour
Old 08-19-2017, 06:02 PM

Volvo xc70
Thank you, i better hop down and firm up price now.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:52 PM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
One benefit of ordering, in my experience, is that dealers are inclined to agree to a discount on an order. it's best to discuss colors, options, and availability first and leave the price discussion for last.

Also, if you have a third party discount (car show coupon or usaa incentive or United Premiere certificate) don't mention it until you've already settled on a cash price. Once the cash price is agreed, they will ask how you plan to pay. Only then do you bring it up. "I am applying this $500 car show certificate, writing a check for $xx,xxx and will be borrowing the rest from my bank."

If you mention the coupon first, they may (and often do) offer a lower discount.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:10 PM

2023 EQB300
Exactly what dealer #1 did. I mentioned usaa upfront and they offered the $1k usaa incentive and a "matching" $1k from dealership.

Dealer from whom i ordered was the most straightforward purchase i've made. We agreed on the build and colors. Sales rep then offered excellent price and that was it. And i also mentioned usaa up front.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
--
Originally Posted by nsoltz
Exactly what dealer #1 did. I mentioned usaa upfront and they offered the $1k usaa incentive and a "matching" $1k from dealership.

Dealer from whom i ordered was the most straightforward purchase i've made. We agreed on the build and colors. Sales rep then offered excellent price and that was it. And i also mentioned usaa up front.

Congrats! So how much were you able to get them to come down? Also is this an amg or 300?

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2017, 07:26 AM

2023 EQB300
I got 5%, which is pretty good for nyc area where dealers aren't heavily discounting. Got GLC300 W4.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:24 PM

2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
Originally Posted by nsoltz
Exactly what dealer #1 did. I mentioned usaa upfront and they offered the $1k usaa incentive and a "matching" $1k from dealership...
Sounds like you got the right deal.

Your experience with dealer #1 is exactly what I was talking about. If a buyer mentions $1000 USAA money up front and then negotiates a $3000 discount, the dealer will frequently spring a surprise when it's time to sign papers. The finance person will write it up as a dealer discount of $2000, despite the fact that they already agreed to $3000 off. If you ask about it, they will falsely claim that the $1000 USAA money is a " discount." (It's not. It's a form of payment) and act as if you should know that.

Don't fall for this tactic. It's a shady practice. Sadly, it happens all the time and they usually get away with it.

The point is this: USAA money, United Premiere money, car show coupons, etc. are marketing incentives from affiliates or MBUSA and have ZERO impact on dealer profit. These are forms of payment from third parties, not dealer discounts. If a dealer tells you otherwise, they are lying.

That's why buyers shouldn't mention anything about how they plan to pay for the car until the price is agreed upon. Always say "I'm paying cash" if they ask, until you have a deal. Avoid any discussion of how you plan to pay (or that you plan to lease) until the cash price is settled.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:15 PM

2023 EQB300
Dealer #2, from whom I purchased, immediately was forthcoming that this is the fleet rate which has been negotiated with USAA. In fact, numerous other affinity groups have negotiated similar programs with Mercedes and other manufacturers.

We agreed on a price, deducted the incentive, and based sales or lease price upon that number.

The only question now that remains is the residual and MF for October when the car arrives.

Originally Posted by mtberman
Sounds like you got the right deal.

Your experience with dealer #1 is exactly what I was talking about. If a buyer mentions $1000 USAA money up front and then negotiates a $3000 discount, the dealer will frequently spring a surprise when it's time to sign papers. The finance person will write it up as a dealer discount of $2000, despite the fact that they already agreed to $3000 off. If you ask about it, they will falsely claim that the $1000 USAA money is a " discount." (It's not. It's a form of payment) and act as if you should know that.

Don't fall for this tactic. It's a shady practice. Sadly, it happens all the time and they usually get away with it.

The point is this: USAA money, United Premiere money, car show coupons, etc. are marketing incentives from affiliates or MBUSA and have ZERO impact on dealer profit. These are forms of payment from third parties, not dealer discounts. If a dealer tells you otherwise, they are lying.

That's why buyers shouldn't mention anything about how they plan to pay for the car until the price is agreed upon. Always say "I'm paying cash" if they ask, until you have a deal. Avoid any discussion of how you plan to pay (or that you plan to lease) until the cash price is settled.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:30 PM

GLC 300
For what it is worth I was able to negotiate about 9.4% off or $5,000 on a 55353 list 2018 GLC.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:50 PM

2023 EQB300
Wow! Hard to get that in metro NYC area.

Where are you located?

On my $56,835 list vehicle, so-called invoice is about $53,600. But we all know the dealer doesn't actually pay that price.

Originally Posted by planetmv
For what it is worth I was able to negotiate about 9.4% off or $5,000 on a 55353 list 2018 GLC.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan
my glc3004matic fairly well loaded MSRP 61395. Offered 55K. Sales said no. Not giving discounts on the most popular model that they cannot keep in stock. I said fine, I am driving a very nice car and I don't need this GLC just would wish to have one. In a couple of weeks, he called and accepted; said they had a Sales MGR change and new one agreed to price. Regardless I got it for what I offered. We have 3 dealers 2 which are branches of a large dealership. I was getting the not much discount story at all 3 dealers. Accepting Costco and Truecar which are both about 1500. Has to be kickbacks for Costco and I understand that Truecar is an entity owned by the car manufacturers.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:54 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by Genesisbenz
my glc3004matic fairly well loaded MSRP 61395. Offered 55K. Sales said no. Not giving discounts on the most popular model that they cannot keep in stock. I said fine, I am driving a very nice car and I don't need this GLC just would wish to have one. In a couple of weeks, he called and accepted; said they had a Sales MGR change and new one agreed to price. Regardless I got it for what I offered. We have 3 dealers 2 which are branches of a large dealership. I was getting the not much discount story at all 3 dealers. Accepting Costco and Truecar which are both about 1500. Has to be kickbacks for Costco and I understand that Truecar is an entity owned by the car manufacturers.
Congrats on a good deal. Just curious, which Oregon dealer did you go with?

I too am in the Portland area, I got my GLC300 from Wilsonville Mercedes.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Hyundai Genesis Sedan
Beaverton is my dealership it is under same flag as Portland. Wilsonville was not willing to budge at all for me and it was the furthest away from me so I was glad my deal was at the dealership closest, which is not very close as I live outside Scappoose
Old 08-29-2017, 09:10 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by Genesisbenz
Beaverton is my dealership it is under same flag as Portland. Wilsonville was not willing to budge at all for me and it was the furthest away from me so I was glad my deal was at the dealership closest, which is not very close as I live outside Scappoose
I would have preferred working with Beaverton because they are only two miles from my house, but Wilsonville met my price with little negotiation. The negotiation was via email and I am very pleased with the service Wilsonville provided.

I provided Beaverton the same opportunity to negotiate via email, but they wanted me to come in to negotiate. I find it interesting that often two customers at the same dealership can have very different results. It makes me wonder what the determining factor is that causes a dealer to negotiate with one customer, but not another.