Suspension Noise - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices

Suspension Noise

Old 11-13-2017, 09:31 PM

2016 GLC300 4Matic
Suspension Noise

2016 GLC 300 4Matic.
Notice suspension noise when going over speed bump. Sounds like something is squeaking/creaking (definitely not rubber or plastic) it also sounds like something engages then disengages or vice versa. It is much louder than what you hear in the video. Dealer was able to duplicate the sound multiple times, but cannot pinpoint where it's coming from. Still at the dealer service center. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:16 AM

2016 MB GLC300 4Matic (me); 2017 BMW X1 xDrive28i (husband)
Yes, I hear that too on my 2016 GLC 4Matic....since the very beginning but not necessarily on every bump like that, but often enough.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:19 AM

2016 Mercedes GLC 250d , 2017 GLC Coupe 250d , 2002 BMW 330ci convertible with remove hard roof
Originally Posted by GSOTXL View Post
Yes, I hear that too on my 2016 GLC 4Matic....since the very beginning but not necessarily on every bump like that, but often enough.
Some drivers in Oz Land had rattles, very hard to id - seems the cause was the seat locking latches in the rear row. Opened them up and wound some electrical tape around latch at anchor point of first contact and noise went away. only occured when rear seats empty and no additional gravitational pressure.
May be worth lookig at.
Good luck.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:36 PM

2016 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Teckno View Post
Some drivers in Oz Land had rattles, very hard to id - seems the cause was the seat locking latches in the rear row. Opened them up and wound some electrical tape around latch at anchor point of first contact and noise went away. only occured when rear seats empty and no additional gravitational pressure.
May be worth lookig at.
Good luck.
Thanks and appreciated. Dealer is 100% certain noise is coming from front suspension area (or front of the vehicle). I'll look into that because it would much painless if it was the rear locking latches.

S
Old 11-14-2017, 02:53 PM

GLC43 & C300
I get the same type of thing on my GLC43. The dealer said it was not the suspension but the back seat rubbing metal, and he "ordered" a part to fix it, like 4 months ago. I don't think it is the seat, as when I jump in or out, I can hear creaking from the suspension. You wouldn't expect to hear these types of noises from cars that they charge so much for.

-John
Old 11-14-2017, 03:48 PM

GLC 250d 4matic
Not sure where you are located but is it a dry environment?
Had a similar noise from the suspension in my previous car which got worse in warm dry weather. Spraying silicone rubber lubricant on the rubber joints solved it.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:54 PM

GLC43 & C300
I'm in Northern Colorado in the US. It's fairly dry here. I do have the air suspension. I've got to try to take some video of it.

-John
Old 11-14-2017, 08:26 PM

Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
i have a creaking sound when i get out of the vehicle,i think t is the suspension. haven't been to the dealer yet to get it fixed.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:54 AM

GLC43
From another forum: http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/24950-kn...e-rear-solved/

I had this exact same problem with my 43... It was driving me nuts trying to locate the noise.. Then i stumbled across the sgmerc forum, and bingo!

i folded the left back seat down and then returned it to its normal position, pressing firmly so it latched properly. The noise has gone away since then..