GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

IPhone X via USB can't change volume

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bmw
IPhone X via USB can't change volume

I am having an issue with my GLC and my iPhone X where for some reason the volume controls don't work when I listen to music on my GLC via USB connection. My wife's iPhone 7 does not have this issue. Does anyone else have the same issue? I asked the dealer about it when I brought it in for the recall, but they had no clue.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300 4Matic, Sport+Night
Originally Posted by Michael Sabin
I am having an issue with my GLC and my iPhone X where for some reason the volume controls don't work when I listen to music on my GLC via USB connection. My wife's iPhone 7 does not have this issue. Does anyone else have the same issue? I asked the dealer about it when I brought it in for the recall, but they had no clue.
Yes! It's super annoying. It happens to me about every 5th or 6th time, my iPhone 6S (when using Spotify especially) the system will all of a sudden not allow me to adjust the volume. I have to turn off the system and unplug the phone / toggle between radio, etc, that (usually) eventually fixes it. I want to take it in for this, but I know 1) it will work fine when I try to show them and 2) they will just blame the iPhone. This is my first MB (and I very much love it), but comparing to my prior Acura RDX, and I swear this car sometimes has a mind of its own -- on the simplest tasks which should be unquestionably consistent and reliable.

Last edited by CasemLuke; 12-29-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:31 PM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
I e had my X since launch and can’t say I’ve had this issue. I’m on the full command online system with butnester audio upgrade.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
Hi,
You have to have at least 1 music file in Music. If you have no songs, it will not work. If you freshly reinstalled and you have all songs hidden, go to iCloud settings and unhide your Downloads.

Last edited by Jan AMG; 12-28-2017 at 11:43 AM.
Old 04-15-2018, 09:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bmw
Finally saw this reply (it is my wife's car so I don't drive that often). That worked! Thanks for the help