MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLC Class (X253) (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253-203/)
-   -   P052E MIL anyone? (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253/693781-p052e-mil-anyone.html)

3dken 12-30-2017 11:09 PM

P052E MIL anyone?

2018 GLC 3004Matic , 1602 Miles.

Check Engine Light came on.
Code P052E : Positive Crankcase Ventilation Regulator Valve Performance.
Pissed to see Check engine light so soon..:wall:

Anyone had this code? serious issue ?

I am just hoping this is not repeating nighitmare as my old Q7...

Mr. J 12-31-2017 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by 3dken (Post 7346483)
2018 GLC 3004Matic , 1602 Miles.

Check Engine Light came on.
Code P052E : Positive Crankcase Ventilation Regulator Valve Performance.
Pissed to see Check engine light so soon..:wall:

Anyone had this code? serious issue ?

I am just hoping this is not repeating nighitmare as my old Q7...

I don't know about the M276 engine specifically, but a PCV is usually a very inexpensive external valve that is very easy to replace. The valve itself may have a defect or it may not be seated correctly. The last time I replaced one of these it took more time to pay for the part then it did to replace it.

3dken 12-31-2017 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. J (Post 7346535)
I don't know about the M276 engine specifically, but a PCV is usually a very inexpensive external valve that is very easy to replace. The valve itself may have a defect or it may not be seated correctly. The last time I replaced one of these it took more time to pay for the part then it did to replace it.

Thanks,,
Made appoinment next year,,early next year..
Hope I can be in and out within hour or two,,

3dken 01-03-2018 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by 3dken (Post 7346937)
Thanks,,

Well, Check Engine light has gone.. Guess 2018 GLC300 has self healing power..
I will take it to dealer anyway,, as my wife also freak out on those orange color light,,

Alex Fucheck 01-11-2018 02:51 AM

I meant to reply to this earlier, as this happened to me fairly recently. My 2016 GLC 300 4Matic had a failed pcv valve a little over 30k, my dealer said this is a fairly common failure point on these cars. Unfortunately, the Mercedes engineers have made this job exponentially more difficult of a job due to the location of the component. What is more frustrating however is even though they know this is a component that is a likely fail point, they still put it in a pain in the a** location. Not a terrible replacement to do yourself once your warranty is up if you keep the car, just time consuming due to the placement of the component. Dealer covered it no questions asked. These “breather valves” for the crank case essentially modulate as necessary to provide adequate crankcase ventilation. This modulated voltage signal comes from the car’s computer and varies based on engine conditions. The issue your experiencing could be a bad signal to the valve (in this case it’s a modulating solenoid) itself, where in my case the oil over time had gunked everything up and caused the valve to fail open. When the ECU sees a different output as compared to the input signal to the solenoid, it threw my CEL. Like I stated earlier, yours seems like a signal issue rather than a component issue as mine was, but they will probably replace everything anyway. Good luck and let us know how everything goes. I also could be totally wrong, this is just my understanding of how the system works on the car. But like I said keep us posted. Also not that big of a deal if handled promptly but over time could cause a more serious issue with oil in your intake system.

Petmerctech 01-14-2018 09:50 AM

Been seeing numerous failures of these. It's a very time consuming job due to the location of the component. Numerous parts need to be disassembled to access it as it's behind the left motor mount bracket.

hiawan 02-23-2018 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by 3dken (Post 7346937)
Thanks,,

I'm also getting a P052e error code. What is the part number to the Positive Crankcase Ventilation Regulator Valve? I'm trying to find where it is located exactly.

asmedbeats 05-04-2018 01:26 PM

I just had the p052e code go off in my 2017 GLC300 with 11000 on it. Pretty frustrated to see the light especially as we were just at the dealer for service A. They won't be able to look at it until Monday. Is this something I need to worry about and not drive the vehicle this weekend?

LHT0128 10-11-2018 09:42 AM

Check engine light came on for me today. my reader is giving me this code as well. At 27,000km on my 2017 GLC300 it's sucks to already see that damn light, no matter big or small issue it is.

asmedbeats 10-11-2018 10:48 AM

Definitely frustrating. Happened to me at 10k miles. But we are 7000 miles later and a cross country road trip and it's running well so hopefully the same for you after this issue.

Alex Tyler 01-13-2019 12:38 PM

I am having this same exact code being shown on my 2015 c300 4matic. It has come and gone several times over the last few months. My warranty is just barely expired as well so I took the car into the dealership last week to find out if this problem would be covered under the federal emissions warranty. I was told that the crankcase vent valve would not be covered and that just about the only part that would fall under the emissions warranty is a catalytic converter . Sounded like bs to me so I opted to try and find a fix for it myself.

Jetfuture 01-13-2019 10:49 PM

Had this at about 32,000 miles. Covered under warranty. Would have been something like $1300 the dealer said. I was amazed at all of the major components they had to take out of the engine compartment to get to this part!

hihahi45 02-25-2019 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Alex Tyler (Post 7653121)
I am having this same exact code being shown on my 2015 c300 4matic. It has come and gone several times over the last few months. My warranty is just barely expired as well so I took the car into the dealership last week to find out if this problem would be covered under the federal emissions warranty. I was told that the crankcase vent valve would not be covered and that just about the only part that would fall under the emissions warranty is a catalytic converter . Sounded like bs to me so I opted to try and find a fix for it myself.

Any luck? I'm currently in the same boat (42k 2015 C300 4matic) :(

jstorerj 03-04-2019 04:44 PM

Just brought our 2018 GLC300 (14k miles) in with the same issue. Not sure I want to own one of these if it's not under warranty. $1300 repair?!? Wow.

meanieme 03-04-2019 09:35 PM

Wow! Maybe MB needs to issue a recall. At least they are all covered under warranty right? Hope they don't reoccur again after warranty expires!

Takehold 03-26-2019 03:28 PM

My CEL came on today - 14,000 miles - I don't know what the code is and no messages but my center controller is warm to hot to the touch. Any ideas? I made an appt for tomorrow.

andywo 04-20-2019 09:17 PM

Same here 2017 GLC. Just happened the 2nd time at 30k miles. The first time is 10k.

Last time replaced Dealer said the part was defective and they got an improved version. I guess he didn't lie as it lasted twice as long...

We should file a complaint.

kathy1 04-22-2019 01:14 PM

GLC300 Crank Case Ventilation Line Failure

YES! THis just happened to me at a little over 34,000 miles. compared to others on this forum, I just I'm lucky. Just appeared all of a sudden!
Disappointed as my husband has a Mercedes Sedan C class - over 310,000 miles on it. NEVER did anything like this happen. Any other common issues I should be aware of?

duncantuna 05-29-2019 11:36 AM

I just wanted to add my issue here. 2014 CLA250 with 44k miles. Check engine light came on a week ago, but car drove fine. Code scanner said it was the P052E .

Brought it to the dealer yesterday .. PCV was stuck in the open position, had to be replaced. Was $1500.

Really sucks because when I took it in in November 5 months ago, I was still under warranty. They told me there was nothing they could do for me, so I had to pay the $1500.

I've had the car for 5 years now .. besides new tires, this was my first major repair.

oscarcrew 07-08-2019 04:14 PM

crankcase ventilation line - yes there should be a recall

Originally Posted by meanieme (Post 7697414)
Wow! Maybe MB needs to issue a recall. At least they are all covered under warranty right? Hope they don't reoccur again after warranty expires!

I was told that since emissions is not a safety issue, Mercedes does not have to do a recall on it. My question is it seems that there is a high failure rate and the engineers have located this in a location that ends up with a high service bill. The win is for Mercedes increasing their service repair costs and the loser is the customer - us. I was quoted over $ 1100.00 for this repair! The part is right around $ 400.00.

frandumont 07-08-2019 06:56 PM

I have this same problem on my GLC, but the garage reprogram the computer of GLC. But not, the light turn off and all is OK.

Jetfuture 07-13-2019 03:09 PM

Mercedes has redesigned a part with this repair so anyone that has the replacement shouldn't have the problem within the same time/mileage interval going forward. Had ours replaced at 35,000 miles under warranty.

gqboy 12-11-2019 11:14 AM

Bringing this thread back up as my vehicle threw this code recently at around 74000 KM. Question 1: Is it safe to keep driving with this code? Question 2: Is this covered under warranty (my warranty runs out at 80k KM. Thanks!

Jetfuture 12-11-2019 11:19 AM

Should be safe to drive. Just make an appointment right away. Definitely covered under warranty. I had this issue at about 50,000 KM as I recall. It's not an easy fix for MB, it's quite a number of hours of labor to get at the part.

gqboy 12-12-2019 02:57 PM

So stupid me deleted the code as I was playing with the OBD tool application. I'm assuming this code will still come up when the dealer diagnose it without the check engine light on since the issue is not technically fixed?