GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Burmeister high end

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 05:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes s and sl
Burmeister high end

Is the high end burmeister that much better. Than e sndard burmeister on the S model
Old 01-26-2018, 02:56 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2020 GLC 300 4Matic - Brilliant Blue/Black MB Tex, Premium Pkg, Multimedia Pkg,Parking & Driver Asst
I wouldn't call the Burmester system in the GLC high end. In fact, there aren't any Burmester parts inside it. From what I gather, it's an improvement over the stock system, and yes the speaker covers look very nice, but I would rate the sound performance as mediocre at best. No equalizer, just basic bass, treble, mid range adjustments, and some basic surround sound settings (front, back, all). My last car had an HK system that I think was better and had more sound stage options.
The following users liked this post:
Chrisk03 (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 04:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLC43 & C300
I agree with Roowah, it's not high end. However, it is way better than the base system (but I don't know if the cost justifies the price) You could put something way better in. I've read where someone ripped out the Burmeister system and it uses the same components as the base system. I've read it's in the programming, maybe a better amp, not sure though. I can tell you that the Burmeister system is better in the GLE350 which I had as a loaner recently, maybe an additional subwoofer or something, just sounded a lot better.

For the cost though, it may be better just to use aftermarket, probably a whole lot better sound for less money.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:17 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes GLE 350d 4Matic
Originally Posted by AverageGuy
I agree with Roowah, it's not high end. However, it is way better than the base system (but I don't know if the cost justifies the price) You could put something way better in. I've read where someone ripped out the Burmeister system and it uses the same components as the base system. I've read it's in the programming, maybe a better amp, not sure though. I can tell you that the Burmeister system is better in the GLE350 which I had as a loaner recently, maybe an additional subwoofer or something, just sounded a lot better.

For the cost though, it may be better just to use aftermarket, probably a whole lot better sound for less money.
The GLE comes with HK, not Burmeister, and I find it quite good for the price paid.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:29 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by Roowah
I wouldn't call the Burmester system in the GLC high end. In fact, there aren't any Burmester parts inside it. From what I gather, it's an improvement over the stock system, and yes the speaker covers look very nice, but I would rate the sound performance as mediocre at best. No equalizer, just basic bass, treble, mid range adjustments, and some basic surround sound settings (front, back, all). My last car had an HK system that I think was better and had more sound stage options.
Thanks for confirming the settings info, I was looking for an equalizer and/or at least additional sub settings...guess not. I'm not an audiophile, so the system is fine for me and is what it is at this point, especially with the fancy grills. HA.

Here's the webpage for the GLC.... https://www.burmester.de/en/automoti...-benz/glc.html

PS. It's BurMESTER, NOT BurMEISTER...
Old 01-26-2018, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
Well... Burmester add's tweets to the mirro triangles on a A front pillars - adds "center" front speaker in the top of the dash - and adds additional/larger "woofer" in front - and "adds rear "center" speaker.

In comparision the "standard" system does a decent job holding up it owns in comparison to the Burmester...I too like the HK a bit better because of 7logic wider front soundfield in the HK... both the standard and upgraded Burmester really shine better with better quality imput... most Sirius channels suck quality wise now..HD FM can be not bad... Bluetooth depends on the quality of the source/phone more than anything else..
Old 01-26-2018, 07:10 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
My 2018 GLC43 has the Burmester system and it is way better than the standard system. It is also way better than the Harmon Kardon system that I had in me 2016 E63s wagon.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300
If you're looking for better than standard audio equality for a low price, it's good.
If you're looking for a high end Burmester system, you won't find it for this $800 upgrade.

A Burmester audio system upgrade on a Porsche costs $7,500...so it's best to be realistic about what you're getting.
Old 01-26-2018, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
I decided not to upgrade the speakers, and having had loaners with the Burmester speakers, I can say it's a lot better. You can't put these in after market with Mercedes. Depending on how much the upgrade is, I might consider doing it. I'm not 18 anymore, so I don't feel the need to blast the stereo, so I am good with the standar.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:20 PM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
I think the standard sucks. I have the standard. Ive never heard the burmester. But the standard is awful. However I not keen to pay for retrofitting it which I heard costs around 3k-4k. Id rather just keep the money and spend it on my next car.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:22 PM

GLC300
I think OP is referring to the upgraded sound system as offered only for the S-class, which is an option that costs a whopping $6,000 give or take

Unlike the "lowly" GLC's which come standard with a generic stereo, the S-class is equipped with Burnmester as standard equipment. Burmester High End is a whole another level of audio greatness. I had the chance to experience this upgraded system, and could tell that the sound is more dynamic and crisp with my untrained ears. Definitely has that 3D surround sound feel to it without being artificial or overly dramatic. And then you get this cool but somewhat gimmicky tweeters that spin out as you start the car, and of course more metal speaker grilles for beautification

Not sure if it's worth it, but I guess the extra cost shouldn't be an issue when you are of the S-class demographics.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:41 PM

Received 182 Likes on 138 Posts
2021 E63s, 2018 GLC43, 2014 E63
Originally Posted by Tylbran
My 2018 GLC43 has the Burmester system and it is way better than the standard system. It is also way better than the Harmon Kardon system that I had in me 2016 E63s wagon.
Agreed. It's a good upgrade for $850. Better and easier decision to make than having only the base option vs. a $4000 high end option.
Old 01-28-2018, 12:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLC 300
I did the upgrade to my GLC and love it. I'm at the age when, as someone else said, I don't blast my stereo that much any more,
but I do listen to symphony music alot(my how tastes have changed)and the upgrade is wonderful.
I used to own nightclubs back in the day and when we were tuning the sound system, I would use one track to test with; Money for Nothing
by Dire Straights. We are talking about systems with thousands of watts of power, servo driven subs, etc. It was a song that I knew very well
and would test the system properly. I know sound reproduction both live and recorded, hell my theater room is THX 9.1.4, so I'm still into this.
When I picked up the car, while still at the dealership, I tweaked the sound settings a bit and on the way home I fired up that
song with the volume at "11", and all I can say is "WOW".
I don't know what an S with the upgrade would sound like, but for us mere mortals, the upgrade on the GLC is WELL worth the money if you enjoy quality sound
reproduction.
The sound upgrade and the LED headlights are the best money I've spent on a car in my lifetime.
Jack
Old 01-28-2018, 12:31 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Oh man did they change their name??
Old 01-28-2018, 03:27 PM

2020 GLC 300 4Matic - Brilliant Blue/Black MB Tex, Premium Pkg, Multimedia Pkg,Parking & Driver Asst
Originally Posted by CaptainJack
I did the upgrade to my GLC and love it. I'm at the age when, as someone else said, I don't blast my stereo that much any more,
but I do listen to symphony music alot(my how tastes have changed)and the upgrade is wonderful.
I used to own nightclubs back in the day and when we were tuning the sound system, I would use one track to test with; Money for Nothing
by Dire Straights. We are talking about systems with thousands of watts of power, servo driven subs, etc. It was a song that I knew very well
and would test the system properly. I know sound reproduction both live and recorded, hell my theater room is THX 9.1.4, so I'm still into this.
When I picked up the car, while still at the dealership, I tweaked the sound settings a bit and on the way home I fired up that
I don't know what an S with the upgrade would sound like, but for us mere mortals, the upgrade on the GLC is WELL worth the money if you enjoy quality sound
reproduction.
The sound upgrade and the LED headlights are the best money I've spent on a car in my lifetime.
Jack
Good to hear from someone with the Burmester system that has experience in sound tuning. I'm curious on what settings you prefer for bass, treble, midrange, fade, and surround sound setting (front, back, or all seats)?
Old 01-28-2018, 03:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC 300 4Matic, Sport+Night
Good to hear from someone with the Burmester system that has experience in sound tuning. I'm curious on what settings you prefer for bass, treble, midrange, fade, and surround sound setting (front, back, or all seats)?

Ha @CaptainJack -- I wanted to ask you the same question... what are your settings? I haphazardly adjust mine -- depending on what sounds good...
Old 01-28-2018, 05:16 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
AMG GLC 43, GLC Coupe 300 2020
Totally agree
Old 01-28-2018, 10:42 PM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
reproduction.
Jack

How much did it cost you?
Old 01-29-2018, 01:43 AM

2017 GLC 300
Originally Posted by waisoserious
How much did it cost you?
The sound upgrade? I think it was $850, worth every penny in my opinion.
Some of the comments on this thread would suggest it isn't worth it, that the sound
isn't that good. I have no idea what they are comparing the GLC upgraded sound system to,
but as I said before, for us mere mortals, the upgrade is well worth the money.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:29 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
The 3D in my car is aweswome
Old 01-29-2018, 12:52 PM

The sound upgrade? I think it was $850, worth every penny in my opinion.
Some of the comments on this thread would suggest it isn't worth it, that the sound
isn't that good. I have no idea what they are comparing the GLC upgraded sound system to,
but as I said before, for us mere mortals, the upgrade is well worth the money.
Hey CapainJack, from an earlier thread, I was curious what are your audio settings?
Old 01-29-2018, 01:23 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Hey CapainJack, from an earlier thread, I was curious what are your audio settings?
+1

I have Surround on for ALL seats, but everything else settings-wise is set at "0". I usually add a few/couple for treble, MAYBE 1 for bass, and a couple to the rear for fader, but haven't done yet. Would love to know from more of an "audiophile" what their settings are too.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:26 PM

Mercedes GLC250
I compared the sound systems in the show room. The differences are not very immense, but definitely noticeable, and to me they were relevant enough to choose for the Burmester. Especially the treble on the standard systems sounds "scratchy", the Burmester a lot more refined. In general, I think the deep bass is overdone, the fundamental region is missing, the mid is too prominent, and the treble is way too loud. So I fiddled with the equalizer, turning back the mid and especially the treble quite some. The surround sound enables the tweeters in the back, changing the timbre not to its benefits, so I leave those off. Furthermore, I put the sound stage a bit forward, which makes it more dynamic and timbre wise more correct.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:42 PM

2017 GLC 300
Sorry for the delay, Treble +1, Mid +1 and Bass +3. Balance +2 to right side of car and Fade is -1 to back.
I've always been of the opinion that sound engineers know what they are doing and mix a song accordingly. My
adjustments are minor to account for changes in my hearing(I'm 64). I'm the only one in the car 90% of the time.
Like I said, great sound system for the bucks.
Jack

Last edited by CaptainJack; 01-30-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:48 AM
ACN

2018 GLC 4Matic
The upgraded soubd system for the glc is a joke. Save your $850, add an additional $200-$1000(depending on what you want) and go aftermarket installation.

We spent $1500 and it's awesome. The problem with glc and most car manufacturers is the lack of mid range speakers. All they install now is high range tweeters. So tot add custom 8" will cost you more money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Burmeister high end