GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Lease negotiation on GLC300 4MATIC Demo Vehicle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadillac SRX
Post Lease negotiation on GLC300 4MATIC Demo Vehicle

We are located in Canada and are seriously looking at leasing a MB GLC300 4MATIC SUV in the next week and I could use some advice around price. The one we are looking at has:
  • Premium Package
  • Premium Plus Package
  • Sport Package
  • Intelligent Drive Package
  • Metallic Paint
  • Brown Ash Wood Trim
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Satellite Radio
  • Heated Rear Seats
The car was used as a demo since December 1, 2017 (so for 2 and a half months) and has roughly 700 kms on it. The dealership has stated a MSRP of $65,000 with all the options stated above. They have made a price adjustment for the 700 kms of around $5,000 which is about 7% off. My inclination is to ask for double that - so 15% off MSRP - factoring in that people seems to get anywhere from 5-10% off MSRP on a non-demo and this vehicle already has 700 km on it. We are not concerned about the possible excess wear on the vehicle from being a demo. Our lease would be up before the warranty runs out and we do not plan on buying it out.

They have also included things like Freight and Pre-delivery, Admin Fees, Air Cond Fee, Tire Levy, Nitrogen, etc. in the cost. My original thought is if it is a demo, should they pay for Freight, etc.?

Any experience with buying a demo or suggestions on what type of discount you would expect on this type of vehicle? Thanks!
Old 02-09-2018, 05:13 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 GLC43
If it's the straight SUV version and not the coupe version you should get a better discount. Everything I've read is that the coupes have been in more demand.

Is it a 2018 or 2017 model? If 2017 it puts you in a better position as well. Consider though that 2018 might have better features not available on 2017. Compare them back to back thoroughly.

I have a US spec 2017 GLC43 but have driven 2 other GLC300's. The spec you listed looks like it comes to CA$60,715 so beware if they're trying to present it as a $65,000 and then they're saying they're discounting it by $5000 as that looks misleading. Also consider that the well specced GLC300's can be more expensive than the base GLC43's, it might be worth making sure you want the GLC300 and compare them.

I've seen people get 10% discounts on GLCs, especially with lots of options. Ex-demo should be around 15%.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cadillac SRX
It is the SUV version and not the Coupe. And 2018 version, not 2017.

We havent looked at the GLC 43. That’s an SUV too I assume? We are new to Mercedes. We are currently Cadillac owners. Is the 43 part of the AMG series? Seeing that a lot on this site. Is AMG an upgraded version of a MB? Sorry for all the questions! I feel like there are so many options with Mercedes and I’m clearly overwhelmed! Lol.

I looked back at their offer and they did list MSRP for $60,715 and then had another line called “options” adding on $4,307. The options were basically a bunch of fees and other random things like black fabric roof liner, door edge guard So their total list price was $65,022 with a discount of $5,122 for a total financed price of $59,955.

Just doesnt seem seem like a good deal to me for a demo vehicle with 700 kms on it. I’m still thinking a discount of 15% is more in line with what I am reading and seeing on this site. I feel like if they won’t do that, we would have to walk away.

Last edited by RJWorld; 02-09-2018 at 06:14 PM. Reason: New Information
Old 02-09-2018, 07:11 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 GLC43
Originally Posted by RJWorld
It is the SUV version and not the Coupe. And 2018 version, not 2017.

We havent looked at the GLC 43. That’s an SUV too I assume? We are new to Mercedes. We are currently Cadillac owners. Is the 43 part of the AMG series? Seeing that a lot on this site. Is AMG an upgraded version of a MB? Sorry for all the questions! I feel like there are so many options with Mercedes and I’m clearly overwhelmed! Lol.

I looked back at their offer and they did list MSRP for $60,715 and then had another line called “options” adding on $4,307. The options were basically a bunch of fees and other random things like black fabric roof liner, door edge guard So their total list price was $65,022 with a discount of $5,122 for a total financed price of $59,955.

Just doesnt seem seem like a good deal to me for a demo vehicle with 700 kms on it. I’m still thinking a discount of 15% is more in line with what I am reading and seeing on this site. I feel like if they won’t do that, we would have to walk away.
I would definitely test drive the GLC43 if only so you have something to compare the GLC300 to. The main differences are more horsepower and the air suspension so if you're looking for more responsiveness it's an option. The GLC300s ride is slightly smoother though due to the spring suspension. Try them back to back and you'll get a good comparison.

Basically the GLC300 and GLC43 are roughly the same looking, although GLC43 has bigger sportier wheels and flared wheel arches, plus some differences in front and rear styling details. You're right that AMG is the special sports division of Mercedes, but the new C43, E43, GLC43, etc are a halfway house between Mercedes' normal models and their pure AMG models, for example take a look at the GLC63 AMG which is the more expensive pure AMG variant of the GLC. Some people think it's blasphemy that the engines in these models are normal Mercedes engines and not handbuilt by a single AMG engineer.

I agree with you about the pricing on the demo model, it looks suspicious and like they're trying to inflate the price so they can add a fake discount.

If you are looking in this market segment, have you looked at the Porsche Macan, Volvo XC60, and Range Rover Velar? I test drove the Velar at the Houston Auto Show, extremely smooth and best car interior I've seen outside of Rolls Royces, etc. Lots of good choices for similar money.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I shopped around for ~2 months for a GLC coupe and contacted every dealer within 500 miles. No one was willing to go down more then 7%.. There's more room to negotiate on the SUV's