MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLC Class (X253) (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253-203/)
-   -   Not many GLC coupe on the road (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253/698790-not-many-glc-coupe-road.html)

nadz 02-16-2018 10:15 AM

Not many GLC coupe on the road

I am surprised that there are not many glc coupe on the road. Have you noticed this in your area?

I really like the coupe but was wondering if there was something negative about it.

decorily 02-16-2018 05:58 PM

Well if you like the look of it then I'd say the only real negative is the lack of availability!

Philamg 02-16-2018 06:16 PM

Not sure about the US but in the UK the coupe cost more and you just get a smaller version of the SUV, I personally don't like the look of the coupe.

ajgraham 02-16-2018 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by nadz (Post 7382664)
I am surprised that there are not many glc coupe on the road. Have you noticed this in your area?

I really like the coupe but was wondering if there was something negative about it.

In Houston it's 50/50 from what I've seen in the last year. Bear in mind the coupes are a little more expensive and GLCs are effectively the entry level crossover (GLA isn't fooling anyone), so you're going to get more price conscious buyers.

The negative aspects are it's got poor rear visibility so blindspot detection is essential (I think in some countries it might not come as standard) and it's a little heavier than the non-coupe.

Mzparker 02-16-2018 11:43 PM

I was told that they didn’t make as many as the demand for them turned out to be. Mine has finally made it to Baltimore and I’ve been waiting since September 11, 2017.

pjw1967 02-17-2018 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by ajgraham (Post 7382999)
In Houston it's 50/50 from what I've seen in the last year. Bear in mind the coupes are a little more expensive and GLCs are effectively the entry level crossover (GLA isn't fooling anyone), so you're going to get more price conscious buyers.

The negative aspects are it's got poor rear visibility so blindspot detection is essential (I think in some countries it might not come as standard) and it's a little heavier than the non-coupe.

It's not 50/50 here in The Woodlands. You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting an MB. I've seen 1 GLC coupe on the road here. MB of The Woodlands has 40 new GLC's with 3 coupes. Houston North has 35 new GLC's with 3 coupes. Can't answer the chicken or the egg question. Maybe most them are ordered and do not show up in inventory. But they are not prevalent up here.

ajmtbm 02-17-2018 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Philamg (Post 7382988)
Not sure about the US but in the UK the coupe cost more and you just get a smaller version of the SUV, I personally don't like the look of the coupe.

when looking i found the interior was basically the same except for a little more headroom in the back and much more storage space. the coupe i believe similarly equipped was about $1k more.
for me i just preferred the look of the wagon and extra space in the back

shadownddust 02-17-2018 11:23 AM

As a coupe owner, I try to keep an eye out for other coupes on the road, and in Massachusetts there aren't many around. I'm not surprised due to the fact that it's a very niche car. Basically, it falls into the category of those who want a small SUV, probably for utility, but the coupe sacrifices a bit of that. While the carrying capacity of the coupe is good, the wagon has more. Also, the overall look won't appeal to many, as it's very polarizing. Either you like it or you don't. It's hard to find people in the middle, from my experience.As far as price, in the US, the coupe starts off with a lot of extras that the wagon does not have, so the base price is much higher. However, if you were to equip them similarly, the gap closes, but not entirely.

So for many, why buy the coupe when you can get a very similar vehicle with more storage space?

Personally, I love the look of the coupe, but as with pretty much all coupes, you are putting style in front of practicality. Most people don't want to do that.

mike7ee 02-17-2018 11:35 AM

When shopping for my GLC I noticed the coupes tended to be pretty loaded. Looking at my dealership their coupes start at $57k US, up to $71k US. Obviously at $71k that's an AMG, but there's a normal 300 for $64k.

Since the GLC is advertised as starting at $42,000 that's probably out of the price range of a lot of prospective shoppers.

Teckno 02-18-2018 03:35 AM

We have both GLC Coupe and Wagon. Wagon has steel springs, hate that thump on speed humps, car has run flats, learning to live with them, two flats in them and was able to repair. Coupe has air suspension and normal types, not run flats here, so much nicer ride, especially over speed humps. Personally I prefer looks of Coupe, driving seems more direct, miss lack of rear window wiper, need to be included. Either car great, having staggered rims mean we can only rotate tyres side to side as rear rim and Tyre is wider, 255 Vs 285. This limits Tyre brands that make this size.
Colour is critical factor with both designs, some colours look terrible and do nothing fo the shape, where other colours make the car and design “pop”.
Drive both and go with your heart, Coupe is a lot dearer here, also delete side steps on model you decide on - they look nice, but are not functional.
Good luck.

Truckeralex 01-30-2019 12:08 AM

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1113bc314.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d87f87bf5.jpeg
This is ALL I SEE when viewing GLC coupe or the BMW X6 and little bit on X4

K507 01-30-2019 12:52 PM

Love mine...

chassis 01-30-2019 07:59 PM

I drove a GLC300 coupe as a service loaner. I like the style, but the rear visibility was poor. The rear seat headroom and rear cargo space is small. It doesn't work for me personally, but is an attractive vehicle. It doesn't seem priced right in my mind.

gfish 01-30-2019 09:39 PM

I have both and as far as room in the back goes I think they are pretty equal. I purchased the trunk liners for both and the wagons cargo mat is smaller than the coupe. The coupe's bed is the same width but about six inches longer. If you need it for hauling something tall then because of the sloped back window of the coupe it wouldn't fit but for grocery bags or laying things down the coupe will hold a little more. The coupe's bed is not flat with the bumper like the wagon either it steps down a few inches which adds to the depth. As for rear visibility you just have get used to it then it's fine

ajmtbm 01-30-2019 09:44 PM

interesting that the length is different i would have never guessed that. is the rear seat legroom any different? if i am not mistaken the coupe wheelbase is the same and perhaps the coupe is a couple inches longer
if the wagon had about 6 inches more length it would be beautiful. the space back there is OK but not exceptional by any means. with rear seats folded its pretty decent

openwheelracing 02-01-2019 10:44 AM

It's ugly and it lacks functionality. Makes sense.

TxGlc43 03-01-2019 07:10 PM

When I was looking for a glc I was looking for the wagon since it was cheaper and roomier. About 4K cheaper. I found a used glc coupe for a great price and bought it. After owning the coupe for a couple of weeks I really like the styling on it and i find that it still has plenty of room in back. And best of all it doesn’t get lost with all the glc wagons driving around.