GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

2019 Euro Delivery?

Old 05-18-2018, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 162 Posts
Trek Bike
2019 Euro Delivery?

Need some help here: went to local dealer today and wanted to order GLC300 for August 9 delivery. It seems from their ordering system that Aug 22 is the first available date.
Does anybody know if this model is available sooner than that, and also does delivery date depend on the options selected?
Thanks for help!
Old 05-18-2018, 10:58 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Check out this link in the European Deliver forum:
MY19 Tenative European Deliver Dates

Last edited by ted_jane; 05-18-2018 at 11:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
6G Schnell (05-18-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 11:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
'17 GLC 300 4matic
I don't know about MY '19 delivery dates per se, but my experience with a factory order (processed summer of '16 for a "hard" stateside delivery date in October, '16) was that the options certainly can affect the date of build (and hence delivery). For example, after my build specs were in but before a build date was set by the factory my desired HUD display option became unavailable unless I slipped my delivery date by up to a couple of months. Fortunately my dealer was able to come up with a workaround, so everything came out just as I wished except I had to accept linden wood rather than burl walnut for the interior trim. Not a problem--the car is a delight. Of course, European delivery may not work the same, but for options you really care about you probably need to stay in touch with your dealer until your build date is locked in. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
6G Schnell (05-19-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA 250
Euro Delivery

I ordered a 2018 GLC 300 Coupe back in February for European delivery in July. I had wanted to wait for the 2019s but was also told a late August pickup date, which was too late for me.

Even ordering a 2018 in February, my dealer told me that some of the options I wanted weren't available because the supply had already been allocated. He said the coupes were harder to come by, but it sounded like similar restrictions for the SUV. He had to find a similar car to my spec that was already in the pipeline, then wheel and deal with that dealer to get it and make the modifications I wanted. I got most, but I'm disappointed I was not able to get the advanced lighting package.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 162 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by OCMarisa
I ordered a 2018 GLC 300 Coupe back in February for European delivery in July. I had wanted to wait for the 2019s but was also told a late August pickup date, which was too late for me.

Even ordering a 2018 in February, my dealer told me that some of the options I wanted weren't available because the supply had already been allocated. He said the coupes were harder to come by, but it sounded like similar restrictions for the SUV. He had to find a similar car to my spec that was already in the pipeline, then wheel and deal with that dealer to get it and make the modifications I wanted. I got most, but I'm disappointed I was not able to get the advanced lighting package.
Thanks for sharing - “wheel and deal” is common here. Spent hours at the dealer attempting to configure and order the car, trial and error with options, and finally they were able to get the right configuration, but the surprise was August 22nd delivery. Looked like they did not know about timing and the MY 2019 availability and even sent inquiry to the factory. Or it was just the part of the game?
Let’s see what is their official answer on Monday....