GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

New vehicle rattles?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 02:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Honda Accord
New vehicle rattles?

I have a brand new 2018 GLC43 and after about a month of ownership, I'm hearing a rattle in the dashboard when driving. It's only evident when there is a bit of rough road or if I turn up the music with a lot of bass. The rattle is only on one side.
Anyone have new vehicle creaks, rattles? Did you take it to the dealer to fix and was it an easy fix? Or did you let it settle in some more before contacting the dealer in the hopes it would go away?

If anyone has had issues like this please share your experience. I tried to search in the forum but came up empty so I thought I would start a tread.
Old 05-28-2018, 02:37 PM

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts
2021 GLE 450, 2017 GLC 300 4Matic, 2008 FJ Cruiser
Ordered and bought new 17 GLC 300 mine rattles around glove box and somewhere around passenger door or passenger side dash board. Took in to dealer they test drove it put some extra insulation around inside glove box. Passenger door side couldn’t pin point it. They said a slight rattle sometimes depends on road seems to them coming from right side dash board. Anyways glove box rattle went away for awhile and now it’s back. I ain’t taking it back learned to leave radio on when I’m driving. All the cars I’ve bought new from Infiniti to VW seem to rattle somewhere up front except one car I have 10 year old 08 Toyota FJ 120k miles and not a rattle inside anywhere.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:16 PM

Honda Accord
Originally Posted by Sigp232
Ordered and bought new 17 GLC 300 mine rattles around glove box and somewhere around passenger door or passenger side dash board. Took in to dealer they test drove it put some extra insulation around inside glove box. Passenger door side couldn’t pin point it. They said a slight rattle sometimes depends on road seems to them coming from right side dash board. Anyways glove box rattle went away for awhile and now it’s back. I ain’t taking it back learned to leave radio on when I’m driving. All the cars I’ve bought new from Infiniti to VW seem to rattle somewhere up front except one car I have 10 year old 08 Toyota FJ 120k miles and not a rattle inside anywhere.
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to make a call to the dealer and see if it can be fixed. I can't really drown out the rattle with music as it seems to rattle a lot with bass and I listen to a lot of bass heavy music.
The car is outstanding otherwise but I guess it's going to have some issues.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLC
Let me start by saying that interior rattles drive me crazy, and unfortunately they are very diffcult to pinpoint and fix. Luckily, at least, so far my GLC is as tight as a drum. I think older cars were less prone to rattles because they had less plastic components.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:45 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
as a help i had a rattle that was riving me crazy that i was convinced was from the glovebox area.
first trip the the dealer they fixed something soi was initially excited except on the way home the rattle was back!
dropped it off again and they said the rattle was from the distronic box behind the rear-view mirror. i think they added felt
you may want to hold that area behind the mirror while driving to see if that in fact is the problem so you can maybe point them in the right direction
i think they also did something to the COMAND screen,
i am fairly rattle free now thankfully, but always an ear out for any new ones...
Old 05-29-2018, 11:35 AM

Honda Accord
Originally Posted by ajmtbm
as a help i had a rattle that was riving me crazy that i was convinced was from the glovebox area.
first trip the the dealer they fixed something soi was initially excited except on the way home the rattle was back!
dropped it off again and they said the rattle was from the distronic box behind the rear-view mirror. i think they added felt
you may want to hold that area behind the mirror while driving to see if that in fact is the problem so you can maybe point them in the right direction
i think they also did something to the COMAND screen,
i am fairly rattle free now thankfully, but always an ear out for any new ones...
thanks for this feedback. I will test it out tonight and see what it is. Much appreciated.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:29 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 GLC 43 & 2014 SLK 350, gone 2016 E63 Wagon
I have had my 2018 GLC43 since November and have not encountered any rattles - as Carnut said the vehicle is as "tight as a drum". Given that your vehicle is still under warranty, I would take it up with your dealer and don't give up until it is solved.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
My 2016 GLC has been rattle free except for a rear seat latch. The dealer fixed it. No other rattles. I would have your dealer look at your car.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:59 PM

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 GLC300 4matic SUV
I have occasionally experienced a buzzy rattle in my Valmet-built 2018 GLC. I am pretty sure it comes from the unit above the windshield that houses the moonroof controls and the sunglasses holder. I've only noticed it in winter. Otherwise it is tight as a drum, as they say.