MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLC Class (X253) (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253-203/)
-   -   lease car service? (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253/711942-lease-car-service.html)

madugo 06-25-2018 12:36 PM

lease car service?

Hello,

Does anyone know if it's a lease vehicle, is it must to go to dealer to do service A and B?

If I take it for oil change else where, will it cause any problem when returning the car after 36 month?

Thanks.

mtberman 06-25-2018 03:34 PM

As a general matter I would have a dealer service a lease car. I can't imagine the savings on a new car A-service to be significant unless you're in an area where the nearest MB dealer is very far way. Dealers in my area regularly advertise A-service coupons and specials at $199.

openwheelracing 06-25-2018 04:04 PM

you can do it yourself for $60 and you know it is done right.

mtberman 06-25-2018 05:04 PM

I can't speak for all dealers, but here's what my dealer does for the A service:

First is a physical walkaround and then they check the safety systems including lights, wipers, heating elements, and so forth, which they ask you to stay and watch. After you leave, they put the car on a lift and remove the wheels and undercarriage aero panels. They inspect the undercarriage, suspension, driveline, etc. and check the torque of all the important bolts. All of this is done with a GoPro, and they provide you with the video. They change the oil and filter with MB parts, confirm the wheels are properly balanced and inflated and adjust as needed. Then they rotate, re-install, and torque to MB specs. They re-assemble the panels, dust covers, etc. take the car down and road test it, after which they re-set the computer, log and stamp your MB book, and turn the car over to the valet guys. The car is then washed and vacuumed and, if you wish, topped off with fuel. Lastly they dry the car by hand, touch up any paint chips, detail the wheels, and clean all glass inside and out. If you don't want to wait the two hours or so it takes, they give you a new car to drive while they do it.

It costs $249. With a coupon it's $200.

schroedinger 06-26-2018 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by madugo (Post 7487506)
Hello,

Does anyone know if it's a lease vehicle, is it must to go to dealer to do service A and B?

If I take it for oil change else where, will it cause any problem when returning the car after 36 month?

Thanks.

Best thing on a lease -- get prepaid maintenance. You pay up front. Since it's a lease, it's figured into the price -- if the lease figures 50% of the car's value will be lost and you pay on the other 50%, you'd only pay on 50% of the prepaid plan too. And with the prepaid plan, there's no dealer motivation to try to sell you extra services not needed.

DDGator 06-27-2018 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by schroedinger (Post 7488407)
Best thing on a lease -- get prepaid maintenance. You pay up front. Since it's a lease, it's figured into the price -- if the lease figures 50% of the car's value will be lost and you pay on the other 50%, you'd only pay on 50% of the prepaid plan too. And with the prepaid plan, there's no dealer motivation to try to sell you extra services not needed.

+1 on this. It's almost a no-brainer unless you really want to do it yourself.

zhenyaf 08-09-2018 04:36 PM

I've never taken a leased car to a dealer for an oil change, and it has never been an issue