GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

European Delivery Itinerary

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glc 300
European Delivery Itinerary

So, I am taking delivery of my GLC300 on November 22nd, and I am trying to finalize the last few details of my trip. I will be spending 2 days in Stuttgart, then driving to Zurich for 2 days, and then making a drive down to Nice to drop off the car there, and then stay in that area for 2 more days.

I had some general things planned, but I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of things to do or see in these areas, or any roads to make sure to drive on while on the way?
Old 11-11-2018, 05:18 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
GLC
Well you will find better suggestions on travel forums, but I would stay away from big touristy areas. The whole point of having your own car is so you can go places trains can't take you. I would stay at local farms. You can visit smaller Christmas markets. We had a great time.in May but we went to Salzkamagut instead of South. Also, going over the Alps means you need to watch the weather and road conditions are carefully. I believe winter tires may be required.

If I were you, probably has plane ticket flying out of Nice. I would go to a place like Eze. I have done 4 EDs, and the best times are always in small towns.

Last edited by openwheelracing; 11-11-2018 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:27 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 GLC 300 4matic, 2021 BMW R1200GS
We did the ED the in early November 2016 and found some of the Alpine passes already closed for the winter. Hotels in many of the smaller towns in southern Germany were also closed for the winter.
Old 11-18-2018, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
One suggestion - tires. Depending on what you bought, if all season, you will ok-ish. Drive on the slow side of the autobahn (in general) but especially with these in winter months. If you bought a car with summer tires (I've seen many ordered that way) - you will NEED snow tires, or you will be ticketed and car towed (if you survive that is). Germans take road safety and behavior very seriously, and presence of snow has nothing to do with it - they realize it is the temperature and compound behavior as much as actual snow. Also - your tires will be brand new, they don't fully perform until about 500-1000 miles of use.

Remember that you will likely need a AAA "international driver license" for Switzerland and France. Germany doesn't require it - check on the others and if they do - go to AAA within 6 months of your trip.

Other than that have a great time. Just being in the countryside in all these places will give you ideas on what to do and see. Don't be afraid to get off the highway and see a small town. They are total gems. Just stop in for a meal, meet the people.
The following users liked this post:
6G Schnell (11-28-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 03:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
18 GLC 300 4M
I assume you're visiting the Mercedes museum, but what about a stop to the Porsche museum? It's not as big as Mercedes, however I'd go back again. It's near the Mercedes museum, only 10-15 minutes if I remember correctly.