GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

App Troubles

Old 11-13-2018, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC300
App Troubles

Is anybody else with a 2017 GLC300 having issues with remote features in the Mercedes Me app for Android? The app works fine on my phone. It shows my car and all my account info. I can't use any of the remote functions. Remote start, lock/unlock, send2benz, and locate vehicle don't work. I get a text message error after trying remote start that says, "Your Mercedes-Benz vehicle could not be started remotely because an error occurred. Try again or call the mbrace Response Center at 1-866-990-9007." I have called this number twice and spoken with 5 people. The first call second person told me they fixed the issue but it would take a night to completely reset. The next day, it still didn't work so I called again. The next time I was elevated twice to another level of tech support and after over an hour on the phone I was told to take my car to the dealership for a software update and reset. I just got my car back from the dealership today where they said my car didn't need a software update or a reset and I should call 1-866-990-9007 for help. I'm about to give up.

I have tried:
- reset all my account info online
- uninstall & reinstall the app on my phone
- push the i button in the car and talk to them (they deferred me to the 866 number also)
Old 11-14-2018, 10:40 PM

2017 GLC300
Update -

I spoke with Mbrace Customer Care again and they said that the dealership needs to de-activate the system and then re-activate it. Not sure what the dealership did if not that... If you ever take your car in to the dealership for Mbrace issues, it's probably worth connecting the representative from mbrace with the service department to make sure they're on the same page.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:54 PM

Received 132 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
I think I got this message today when trying remote start on my GLC. I'm on Android, as well. I know some like it, but the Mercedes Me app is a big pile of dog chit, IMO. Errors and/or functions rarely work first time, etc. Cool idea, I guess, but terrible execution. Looks like even the newer Mercedes Me Connect app is also having issues. Good thing vehicles still come with keys.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:33 PM

2017 GLC300
Another update here. I took my car back to the dealership today, again at the recommendation of MBrace Customer Care. While speaking with the service manager to explain my issue we pushed the remote start button in the Mercedes Me app and.....the car started. No error. The service manager told me that the dealership received a notice from Mercedes yesterday that they were doing some updates to the system but there were no specifics as to when the updates started, what they were, when they would be finished or if maybe they were already finished. So, no one knows what my specific problem was. The latest sentiment from the dealership is that the Mercedes Me app is very glitchy and if I ever have problems to call the dealership instead of Customer Care. Apparently there is a new and more reliable app but only for newer model years (I have a 2017). So all this to say, if you ever have problems with your app I have no clue what you should do. You could call a dealership or customer care but you may never get any answers. If there is somebody at Mercedes that can legitimately troubleshoot an error with Mercedes Me or MBrace, I don't know how to reach that person. If you are in the market for a 2017 Mercedes or other model year that uses the Mercedes Me mobile application, you may want to discount the value of those features in your purchase decision. I have had my car for 18 months and during that period have had 3 months where the app did not work at all, another 5-6 months where it worked about 25% of the time, and then another 9 or so months where it worked great.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:13 PM

Received 132 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by Brett Crump
Another update here. I took my car back to the dealership today, again at the recommendation of MBrace Customer Care. While speaking with the service manager to explain my issue we pushed the remote start button in the Mercedes Me app and.....the car started. No error. The service manager told me that the dealership received a notice from Mercedes yesterday that they were doing some updates to the system but there were no specifics as to when the updates started, what they were, when they would be finished or if maybe they were already finished. So, no one knows what my specific problem was. The latest sentiment from the dealership is that the Mercedes Me app is very glitchy and if I ever have problems to call the dealership instead of Customer Care. Apparently there is a new and more reliable app but only for newer model years (I have a 2017). So all this to say, if you ever have problems with your app I have no clue what you should do. You could call a dealership or customer care but you may never get any answers. If there is somebody at Mercedes that can legitimately troubleshoot an error with Mercedes Me or MBrace, I don't know how to reach that person. If you are in the market for a 2017 Mercedes or other model year that uses the Mercedes Me mobile application, you may want to discount the value of those features in your purchase decision. I have had my car for 18 months and during that period have had 3 months where the app did not work at all, another 5-6 months where it worked about 25% of the time, and then another 9 or so months where it worked great.
Glad you got it working. Yes, there are 2 apps now...Mercedes Me and Mercedes Me Connect (new one). The new one is also having issues. There is a thread about it in the E class forum. Again, cool idea, but execution isn't quite there for "The Best or Nothing". And if these were pay options, they probably wouldn't sell at all.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:14 PM

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 GLC 300
Originally Posted by Brett Crump
... I took my car back to the dealership today, again at the recommendation of MBrace Customer Care. While speaking with the service manager to explain my issue we pushed the remote start button in the Mercedes Me app and.....the car started. No error.
I travel a lot and use the Mercedes Me app daily, mostly to input destinations via Send2Benz but sometimes other features as well and it has worked almost flawlessly for the last year or so. Your experience I quoted above, that the app suddenly worked when you were at the dealer, makes me wonder if there might be an obscure environmental variable involved.

This is hardly unheard of and I've had experience with it myself with my BMW's navigation system. It had a strange problem that rarely showed up when driving in New England but appeared regularly in some other parts of the country, most notably New Orleans. When I took it to the BMW dealer there, they could find nothing wrong even though the service manager took my car home and used for his daily driver for a few days, but it came back again as soon as I picked up the car. I immediately returned to the dealer, got the service manager, and took him for a ride. This time is showed up loud and clear. The difference was that the SM lived West of the dealership and never saw it, but it showed up again as soon as we drove East. I never got the problem resolved as I traded the car for other reasons soon thereafter, but I have to wonder if a there's something similar going on with the Mercedes Me's communications to some vehicles.
Old 11-29-2020, 08:06 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 GLE450 polar white AMG pkg.
For those still using the Mercedes ME app, you can start your vehicle using you Apple iWatch. Also lock and unlock your doors and locate your vehicle.
The new Mercedes Connect app is not compatible with the Apple iWatch. That is for vehicles 2019+. Hopefully that will be available soon.

F