MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLC Class (X253) (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253-203/)
-   -   GLC 300 Rattle Noise (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253/733862-glc-300-rattle-noise.html)

mikeman2580 01-24-2019 08:39 AM

GLC 300 Rattle Noise

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 2016 GLC 300 with a very annoying rattle noise coming from the passenger side cargo area. I'm attaching a video where I held my phone near the small window in the cargo area on the passenger side. Dealership has made a couple attempts already to take care of the rattle noise including replacing the seat belt assembly. Anyone experience a similar rattle or have any ideas what this might be?

hermlee 02-01-2019 03:16 PM

Hi there,

My GLC300 has exactly the same problem. But have not yet find a way to reolve it. Following the thread here.

ChinaBob 02-01-2019 03:46 PM

I had a similar problem with my 2017 GLC. It turned out to be a broken speaker mount, in the left side, as I recall, even though the noise seemed to be coming from the right. Fixed under warranty.

andywo 02-01-2019 08:54 PM

It could be from the center overhead console. Have someone sit on passages seat to confirm.

I fixed mine with adding foam tape to the top of the overhead console.

Tirgoman 02-01-2019 09:50 PM

Get a used or cheap stethascope, that's what mechanics use, have someone drive while you use the stehascope to listen for the noise. Many times it sounds like it comes from one place it's actually coming from somewhere else and the stethoscope helps localize it.

jon macca 03-17-2020 08:10 AM

Hello, I have exactly the same issue with a GLC 250 since 2017. I have been countless time to the car dealer which denies that it is a hidden defects but if you make some research on forums you will realize that a lot of owners encounter the same issue. To be honest the car is of bad quality but Mercedes will never acknowledge it. Recalls are too expensive. They completely disregard their clients so I have decided to launch #TakeBackYourCar thread on twitter.

changlee 06-12-2020 05:56 AM

Hello,
My GLC300 has exactly the same problem.

The noise starts at 13 seconds.
Did you solve this problem?

jon macca 06-12-2020 06:43 AM

There is no fix. Pieces of material gets loose behind the dashboard or the doors. It’s a default reported for some A, B, C and E class. Mercedes does not care about it. They will just ask you to come endlessly and extend your guarantee.

decorily 06-12-2020 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by changlee (Post 8079915)
Hello,
My GLC300 has exactly the same problem.

https://youtu.be/smd-6MQUKP0
The noise starts at 13 seconds.
Did you solve this problem?

Can you give any more details....where does the rattle appear to come from?

changlee 06-12-2020 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by decorily (Post 8079934)

Not the sound of tire vibrations.
It is a metal knocking sound from the steering wheel when it vibrates.
This noise starts at 13 seconds.The volume needs to be louder to be heard.

62bassman 06-12-2020 09:53 PM

I just picked up my 2018 glc from the dealership service dept. today. There had been a low level knocking sound in the driver side rear wheel area, very hard to pinpoint but usually showed up when going over small potholes or speed bumps. I asked for a road test while the car was getting a B service. It turns out they replaced both rear shocks and all associated hardware, without even asking me to approve, and all covered by warranty. My car has 18,700 miles.
I asked what was found but was told “ nothing was broken, it would just be best to replace both shocks”.
Noise problem solved. I can’t say whether my noise was the same as yours.

jon macca 06-13-2020 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by decorily (Post 8079934)

My driving wheel is on the left. I have a rattling noise coming in between the right side of the dashboard and the door. I have read a thread where someone is talking about loose items behind the door panel. The pieces to assemble the door and the dashboard are getting loose and vibrate. Nothing can be done. It keeps coming back. It is a defect that they have with some cars. I went to another car shop that does mercedes servicing and the guy told me that a lot of clients have the same issue. I confronted mercedes manager with this information and he went quiet.