MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   GLC Class (X253) (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253-203/)
-   -   Need opinion on Ally Extended Warranty (https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class-x253/734008-need-opinion-ally-extended-warranty.html)

Dan1520 01-25-2019 04:52 PM

Need opinion on Ally Extended Warranty

I just picked up my 2018 MB Glc300. It was used with 27K miles and got a great deal It still has 30 months or 22K miles left on MB warranty but, of course, the dealer's finance manager tried to talk me into an extended warranty. He mentioned they sell the Ally Major Guard policy and is impressed by it A 3 yr extension to the present warranty is $3900. I'm not sure If this is standard or not. I suspect a better price can be obtained but I don't know how to go about it. BTW, he also mentioned Fidelity is also good but not as good as Ally.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian of Sydney 02-06-2019 05:33 PM

The short answer is what does it cover. For instance the better ones are usually those that clearly state they extend the manufacturers standard warranty ( at least all mechanical and electrical components) with no first loss or claim limit. Then check their consumer complaint record - via social media and gov't consumer bodies.

In Australia there are a few which look OK ( eg. Redbook). The others are just a waste of money.

Chrisk03 02-06-2019 10:20 PM

Check out this thread...https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...-warranty.html

For the price your dealer quotes, you probably can get a MB EW for about the same price.

fabbrisd1 02-06-2019 11:37 PM

Call a MB dealer about ELW - you bought your GLC from a GMC/Chevy dealer - of course they will tell you Ally is a great warranty - it ain't..

OnlyGerman 02-13-2019 08:42 PM

Ally major guard has better coverage than Mercedes extended

OnlyGerman 02-13-2019 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7674995)
Call a MB dealer about ELW - you bought your GLC from a GMC/Chevy dealer - of course they will tell you Ally is a great warranty - it ain't..

Do you have any experience with them to back this up?

fabbrisd1 02-14-2019 02:16 AM

"Ally major guard has better coverage than Mercedes extended"..... funny.... we have been talking about Mercedes Extended New Car Warranty... so "Ally better than Mercedes New Car Warranty" well that's bull****

simandang 04-17-2020 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7681248)
"Ally major guard has better coverage than Mercedes extended"..... funny.... we have been talking about Mercedes Extended New Car Warranty... so "Ally better than Mercedes New Car Warranty" well that's bull****

LOL the only bullsht here is the two useless posts you made. Seriously people like you are "bull****". Where is your facts....yeah you got none, any personal experience....nope none. Spewing nonsense like a true uneducated idiot.....oh sorry you work at MB so that must make you an expert at everything right? SMH lmfao! Get a life.

I have ALLY MAJOR GUARD on my G63 and my RR LWB and my F10 M5 and they have covered everything, never had an issue on anything. The warranty costs 7000 minimum and covers more than CPO warranties. My good friend has them on his Panamera Turbo and his wifes GL63 and they replaced everything under the sun on that GL63 from turbos, to the timing chain to AUX battery.

Lexus financial also offers a great warranty. Had it on my old F10 m5 and my old C63. Never had any issues or problems.

Fidelity I would NOT suggest. Had problems with them on a RS7. Play many games.

Look more for ally on other forums like 6speedonline a forum for owners for porsche/maserati/etc ally is highly rated. RR forums, etc.

Don't listen to this jack ass that works at a MB dealer of course he's gonna say MB warranty is the best haha. Trust someones whose had them for years and knows others with them for years on higher end cars than a GLC and have come out happy. Totally worth it over a mercedes warranty. Many cars are excluded from mercedes warranty anyways.

And yes I have had many MERCEDES CPO warranty as well on cars in the household its not a bad warranty but Ally is better. To say that its not when you have zero proof and zero experience is just nonsense.

OnlyGerman 04-17-2020 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by simandang (Post 8032101)
LOL the only bullsht here is the two useless posts you made. Seriously people like you are "bull****". Where is your facts....yeah you got none, any personal experience....nope none. Spewing nonsense like a true uneducated idiot.....oh sorry you work at MB so that must make you an expert at everything right? SMH lmfao! Get a life.

I have ALLY MAJOR GUARD on my G63 and my RR LWB and my F10 M5 and they have covered everything, never had an issue on anything. The warranty costs 7000 minimum and covers more than CPO warranties. My good friend has them on his Panamera Turbo and his wifes GL63 and they replaced everything under the sun on that GL63 from turbos, to the timing chain to AUX battery.

Lexus financial also offers a great warranty. Had it on my old F10 m5 and my old C63. Never had any issues or problems.

Look more for ally on other forums like 6speedonline a forum for owners for porsche/maserati/etc ally is highly rated. RR forums, etc.

Don't listen to this jack ass that works at a MB dealer of course he's gonna say MB warranty is the best haha. Trust someones whose had them for years and knows others with them for years on higher end cars than a GLC and have come out happy. Totally worth it over a mercedes warranty. Many cars are excluded from mercedes warranty anyways.

And yes I have had many MERCEDES CPO warranty as well on cars in the household its not a bad warranty but Ally is better. To say that its not when you have zero proof and zero experience is just nonsense.

LOL, AMEN!!!

OnlyGerman 04-17-2020 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by simandang (Post 8032101)

LOL, AMEN!!! They even cover key fobs, I learned that recently.

it is harder to get as once mileage goes up it comes very $$$ but definitely worth it