GLC63s, GLC63, GLC43 AMG SUV and Coupe (X253, C253) 2015 - Present

Trailer Hitch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 06:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLC63
Originally Posted by Isawelvis
I totally agree with the STEALTH hitch. I have one on my Outback, they are a quality group of people and make an outstanding hitch. For JAMZ , show a picture with the receiver removed. That is one of the best reasons to get it because it is totally invisible when the receiver is removed. Who wants to have the receiver always exposed on a beautiful Mercedes, the Stealth hitch is invisible when not in use. If you care about appearance and quality go with the Stealth hitch.
Here’s what it looks like with the hitch removed.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:59 AM

Received 298 Likes on 214 Posts
AMG GLC 63s Coupe
I am glad I saw your pictures. I just dropped off my 2019 AMG 63s Coupe at the trailer hitch shop to have the Stealth Hitch installed. I have been sitting here worrying that it won't fit right or that it won't clear the airfoil without messing it up. It looks like it has plenty of room under the airfoil in your pictures so hopefully it's similar with the Coupe. I went to 3 different shops and 2 of them flat out declined to do it. My dealership said they would do it but couldn't get in in anytime soon. The 3rd shop, which is actually the one recommended by Stealth said they would do it but it was going to cost a lot. They have it now as I am excited to get it on so I can properly carry my bikes. I have been using Seasuckers but they are a hassle I also went with the Sherpa 2.

Here is a "before" picture. I will post some "after" pictures when I get it back. They said to expect it to take 5 hours.

Trailer Hitch-uygnfdt.jpg

Trailer Hitch-lxfy6rl.jpg

Originally Posted by jamz
For anyone that is interested, I recently ordered a custom hitch from Stealth Hitches for my GLC 63. The CEO of the company actually returned my call and verified fitment by driving to his local Mercedes dealer to look at the bottom of the GLC63 and GLC300 to compare. Pretty awesome customer service. So I ordered the hitch and it was installed locally in Bellevue, WA. I was a little worried about fitment since there was very little online regarding the GLC63 aftermarket options. But the installation went smoothly, and they finished is a few hours. No trimming was necessary, just a little bend of the heat shield above the muffler. Cool thing is that the hitch can be removed when not needed, so you can't tell anything is under the car.
I also test fitted a new Kuat Sherpa 2.0 bike rack for fitment, and it fits perfectly. Its pretty tight to the rear bumper, but there's about 2 inches of clearance between the car and the rack. The dark grey model also matches the grey of the car nicely as well. Overall, this was a great process and I am stoked to finally be able to carry some bikes on my GLC 63.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:30 PM

AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Duplicate...sorry, I don't see a delete option.

Last edited by ParadigmDawg; 08-02-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:17 AM

AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Turned out really good and was less expensive than I was originally told.

Trailer Hitch-212wru2.jpg

Trailer Hitch-ezr73zh.jpg

Trailer Hitch-bhzbgxb.jpg

Trailer Hitch-bgdihgb.jpg
Old 08-03-2019, 11:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 GLC63
Looks great, and love the bikes too! Did the hitch itself clear your rear diffuser on the bottom? I noticed your diffuser has the bar across the bottom while on mine the fins are 'open'.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:38 AM

AMG GLC 63s Coupe
Originally Posted by jamz
Looks great, and love the bikes too! Did the hitch itself clear your rear diffuser on the bottom? I noticed your diffuser has the bar across the bottom while on mine the fins are 'open'.
That was my major fear but it clears it easily. My only issue is the length of the receiver and rack. I had to use a 6" extension because my handle bars would hit my spoiler without one and I couldn't load the bike closest to the car. I was hoping I didn't have to use one but luckily I already owned one so it's not a huge deal. It would make it ugly on lazy days when I just want to remove the rack and leave the extension on though. The Stealth receiver is probably 4" short of my bumper and honestly looks good left on so if it wasn't for the extension, I could see myself leaving it on most of the time.

Also I have very wide bars on my mountain bike so no way it would clear on the first tray or I say that...I haven't actually tried it yet.