Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > GLC43 & GLC63 AMG
GLC43 AMG Performance Exhaust? >

GLC43 AMG Performance Exhaust?

Notices

GLC43 AMG Performance Exhaust?

 
Old 11-19-2017, 07:27 PM
  #51  
Newbie
 
dr. drift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lotus elise
hmmm im confused. i just looked at the mbusa car confugurator for amg glc43 coupe and there is no option for performance exhaust. what am i missing? only things i see are park and driver assist along with fone app, trailer hitch and lug nuts

Last edited by dr. drift; 11-19-2017 at 07:50 PM.
dr. drift is offline  
Old 11-19-2017, 09:09 PM
  #52  
Newbie
 
wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 AMG GLC 43 (looking)
Originally Posted by dr. drift View Post
hmmm im confused. i just looked at the mbusa car confugurator for amg glc43 coupe and there is no option for performance exhaust. what am i missing? only things i see are park and driver assist along with fone app, trailer hitch and lug nuts
only for the SUV unfortunately.
wishbone is offline  
Old 11-19-2017, 09:22 PM
  #53  
Newbie
 
dr. drift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 14
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lotus elise
oh i see that now. but i would imagine the coupe would come with the sports exhaust while the suv has it as an option
dr. drift is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 08:30 AM
  #54  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43
Originally Posted by MBCH View Post
Hi, I own a GLC 43 as well (received end of September after 7 months wait!!). Sadly, they don't offer the Performance Exhaust in Europe... The standard exhaust is rather nice but not enough to my taste.

I ordered a Supersprint catback (non-resonated) exhaust a bit more than one month ago. AMG Performance exhaust setup looks like the one of the Supersprint exhaust (except for valves of course): two pipes from the catalyser to the resonator/x section then two pipes again. Supersprint has actually a picture of their exhaust vs standard exhaust side by side on their website.

I took the non-resonated version (a resonator is also available) with the "sport" version of the muffler (didn't know what to expect from the "race" version so prefered to stay low profile). Delivery and install at the end of November. Will try to make a video.
So after several delays of production and shipping (one month and 1/2 late), i finally had my exhaust fitted. For now, my impressions are mitigated, however i will wait for a break in period before taking any decision.

In short: louder in the low frequencies, some drone. Less crackles and high pitched noises, so rather the contrary that i was expecting. As DameMD had good results with the simple resonator deletion, i am thinking of adding back the OEM Muffler and keep the Supersprint front pipes. Maybe I will also try the other combination: keeping the Supersprint muffler and adding back the resonator.
MBCH is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 08:39 AM
  #55  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43
Post

Originally Posted by MBCH View Post
Hi, I own a GLC 43 as well (received end of September after 7 months wait!!). Sadly, they don't offer the Performance Exhaust in Europe... The standard exhaust is rather nice but not enough to my taste.

I ordered a Supersprint catback (non-resonated) exhaust a bit more than one month ago. AMG Performance exhaust setup looks like the one of the Supersprint exhaust (except for valves of course): two pipes from the catalyser to the resonator/x section then two pipes again. Supersprint has actually a picture of their exhaust vs standard exhaust side by side on their website.

I took the non-resonated version (a resonator is also available) with the "sport" version of the muffler (didn't know what to expect from the "race" version so prefered to stay low profile). Delivery and install at the end of November. Will try to make a video.
So after waiting for quite a long time (the production and shipping were late by 1 month and a half), I finally had my new exhaust fitted.

My first impressions are mitigated. In short: louder in the low frequencies with some drone at mid-rpm. Less crackles and high-pitched noise. It sounds like if the OEM exhaust got a cold. I will wait for a break in period in order to take any decision but for now the sound is rather the contrary that i was expecting.

Options I am considering:
. keeping the resonator delete, putting back the OEM muffler, similarly to DameMD who seems happy about it
. adding back the resonator and keeping the aftermarket muffler
MBCH is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 12:28 PM
  #56  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 GLC43 AMG - 2007 ML63 (Totaled)
Here’s a cold start with no res.

GC_63 is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 12:42 PM
  #57  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43
Thanks! This is more what i was looking for. I will make a video or two of the current setup but it sounds almost quieter than the OEM for cold startups.
MBCH is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 02:43 PM
  #58  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 653
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by GC_63 View Post
Here’s a cold start with no res.
Sounds good. Did you start your truck in Sport+ or Comfort? Cold start in Sport+ mode sounds exactly like the performance exhaust that I heard at the dealer.
DameMD is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 03:05 PM
  #59  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 653
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by MBCH View Post
So after waiting for quite a long time (the production and shipping were late by 1 month and a half), I finally had my new exhaust fitted.

My first impressions are mitigated. In short: louder in the low frequencies with some drone at mid-rpm. Less crackles and high-pitched noise. It sounds like if the OEM exhaust got a cold. I will wait for a break in period in order to take any decision but for now the sound is rather the contrary that i was expecting.

Options I am considering:
. keeping the resonator delete, putting back the OEM muffler, similarly to DameMD who seems happy about it
. adding back the resonator and keeping the aftermarket muffler
That sucks, I was hoping with the dual pipe configuration the SS exhaust would be a lot louder than stock. I am wondering since it's a dual configuration if the air flow which is being distributed better reduces sound. Which is probably why the OEM 3inch single piping with just resonator delete sounds about the same as true performance exhaust.I would need to hear the SuperSprint exhaust to do a better comparison. Not sure why SuperSprint does not have any exhaust videos of their setup?

My next exhaust mod will be to keep the resonator deleted and see if I can do a y-pipe near the rear axle and then split into two separate high-flow magnaflow mufflers on both left and right side. That should definitely give a better sound.
DameMD is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 03:41 PM
  #60  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 GLC43 AMG - 2007 ML63 (Totaled)
Originally Posted by DameMD View Post
Sounds good. Did you start your truck in Sport+ or Comfort? Cold start in Sport+ mode sounds exactly like the performance exhaust that I heard at the dealer.
i believe it was in comfort mode. I used the Mercedes app to do a remote start which defaults it in comfort mode i believe. I'll have to do a cold start in Sport+ and see how it is.
GC_63 is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 04:05 PM
  #61  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 653
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
GLC43
Originally Posted by GC_63 View Post
i believe it was in comfort mode. I used the Mercedes app to do a remote start which defaults it in comfort mode i believe. I'll have to do a cold start in Sport+ and see how it is.
Yeah the app is very helpful especially with the colder temperatures. Did you follow the same steps as me with the exhaust by just adding a y-pipe where the resonator was or did you do something different?
DameMD is offline  
Old 01-03-2018, 04:15 PM
  #62  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 GLC43 AMG - 2007 ML63 (Totaled)
Originally Posted by DameMD View Post
Yeah the app is very helpful especially with the colder temperatures. Did you follow the same steps as me with the exhaust by just adding a y-pipe where the resonator was or did you do something different?
very similarly. Instead of cutting off the the res completely, we dropped the exhaust, cut open the top of the resonator and gutted everything inside and then welded a y-pipe inside and shut her back up. Just for a factory look, doubt there would be much difference in sound. I have pics if anybody wants to see it.

Last edited by GC_63; 01-03-2018 at 05:00 PM. Reason: added text
GC_63 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
lanoipat (06-20-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 12:54 AM
  #63  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350
Australia MY18 standard

Upon asking for my MY 18 GLC43 Coupe about the exhaust in Australia:

“AMG exhaust system is Standard on 43 AMG model.

It's optional for GLC250 model.”

Not sure if same for SUV.
Atangk is offline  
Old 01-22-2018, 11:55 AM
  #64  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 542
Received 86 Likes on 76 Posts
GLC43, GTI, MDX
Originally Posted by GC_63 View Post
very similarly. Instead of cutting off the the res completely, we dropped the exhaust, cut open the top of the resonator and gutted everything inside and then welded a y-pipe inside and shut her back up. Just for a factory look, doubt there would be much difference in sound. I have pics if anybody wants to see it.
I'd like to see the pics when you get a chance. Thanks!
Chrisk03 is offline  
Old 01-22-2018, 04:43 PM
  #65  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 133
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Atangk View Post
Upon asking for my MY 18 GLC43 Coupe about the exhaust in Australia:

“AMG exhaust system is Standard on 43 AMG model.

It's optional for GLC250 model.”

Not sure if same for SUV.
USA spec (Coupe or SUV) both included "AMG Sport Exhaust System", the "AMG Performance Exhaust System" is $1,250 option
pk9394 is offline  
Old 01-24-2018, 04:48 PM
  #66  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 GLC43 AMG - 2007 ML63 (Totaled)
Originally Posted by Chrisk03 View Post
I'd like to see the pics when you get a chance. Thanks!
https://imgur.com/a/EKJom

here y’all go. I don’t know if there is a sound difference between this delete and the way Dame did it.
GC_63 is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by GC_63:
Chrisk03 (01-24-2018), sbce90 (04-05-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 11:52 AM
  #67  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Northeast, USA
Posts: 542
Received 86 Likes on 76 Posts
GLC43, GTI, MDX
Does anyone know the Part # for the optional "U78 - AMG Performance Exhaust System"...USA, if that matters?
Chrisk03 is offline  
Old 02-04-2018, 09:38 AM
  #68  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Sincity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vegas and Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,945
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
.
Originally Posted by GC_63 View Post


https://imgur.com/a/EKJom

here y’all go. I don’t know if there is a sound difference between this delete and the way Dame did it.
That is slick.
Sincity is offline  
Old 02-11-2018, 03:33 PM
  #69  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 124
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC43
Nice. Can we also get a pic of the salt water tank?

Originally Posted by taphil View Post
Dual in, dual out, and an H after the out.




scotchy is offline  
Old 02-18-2018, 05:50 PM
  #70  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 AMG GLC 43
Can you give an update on your PE now that you've had the SUV longer. I am going to purchase the AMG GLC 43 and trying to make a decision on the PE vs standard exhaust.
Thanks!
rnilan is offline  
Old 02-20-2018, 08:07 PM
  #71  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 94
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E63, 2018 GLC43, 2001 E430
It's a $1250 fun button for entertainment, though not cheap compared to a movie ticket. Sometimes on a frustrating or annoying commute it's amusing to hear the pops and downshift gurgles. It wasn't on my top list of must-have options (active LED headlamps, 360 camera, Designo white interior, Burmester sound, Parktronic, night package, 20" wheels) when I was shopping for a GLC43, but happened to be on the build.

The exhaust is fairly quiet and tame with the button set to off.

Last edited by taphil; 02-20-2018 at 08:13 PM.
taphil is online now  
Old 02-21-2018, 01:46 PM
  #72  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 133
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by taphil View Post
It's a $1250 fun button for entertainment, though not cheap compared to a movie ticket. Sometimes on a frustrating or annoying commute it's amusing to hear the pops and downshift gurgles. It wasn't on my top list of must-have options (active LED headlamps, 360 camera, Designo white interior, Burmester sound, Parktronic, night package, 20" wheels) when I was shopping for a GLC43, but happened to be on the build.

The exhaust is fairly quiet and tame with the button set to off.
compare to Macan Turbo sport exhaust option $2930 with fun button, $1250 is not too bad
pk9394 is offline  
Old 04-05-2018, 01:39 AM
  #73  
Senior Member
 
sbce90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney
Posts: 290
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by GC_63 View Post


https://imgur.com/a/EKJom

here y’all go. I don’t know if there is a sound difference between this delete and the way Dame did it.
That's super tidy! I wish I did the same.. I just cut mine out and replaced it with a Y-pipe... didn't even think of gutting it and doing it inside.
sbce90 is offline  
Old 06-18-2018, 03:19 AM
  #74  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 43
Originally Posted by Atangk View Post
Upon asking for my MY 18 GLC43 Coupe about the exhaust in Australia:

“AMG exhaust system is Standard on 43 AMG model.

It's optional for GLC250 model.”

Not sure if same for SUV.

hi I just ordered my GLC43 in Australia when I took the car for a test drive back in fab that test car didn't have the AMG exhaust on to (with the exhaust button installed) I asked the guy at the time and he didn't really know anything about it. Have you got your car yet and has it got the exhaust button installed in the cabin?
Ricky White is offline  
Old 06-20-2018, 12:22 PM
  #75  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 148
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2010 Audi S4, 2019 GLC 43
Originally Posted by GC_63 View Post
very similarly. Instead of cutting off the the res completely, we dropped the exhaust, cut open the top of the resonator and gutted everything inside and then welded a y-pipe inside and shut her back up. Just for a factory look, doubt there would be much difference in sound. I have pics if anybody wants to see it.
Do you have performance exhaust ?
How is the sound ?
Any drone ?
lanoipat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: