GLC43 fabric options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Honda Accord
GLC43 fabric options?

Hi all,
First time posting here and I don't see any info on having an option to put the full MB-Tex on the GLC43? Is this correct? It only comes with the Dynamica (suade) option as standard. The non AMG models have the option to have all seats as MB-tex. Why isn't this an option on the AMG? I have to upgrade to full leather. I'd rather have full MB-tex. Easier to clean without the Dynamica and longer lasting and more durable than the leather.
Can anyone chime in here? I feel like there is every option imaginable in this car but the option to go full MB-tex in the AMG is non-existent.

Cheers!
Old 06-13-2017, 01:46 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Sport
No option of full MB-Tex, since MB and other manufacturers like Porsche are trying to market Dynamica as this sporty material, even though it's technically cheap and wears out easily.

I would also prefer full MB-Tex as I've had it on previous cars and my current car, and it still looks like new and doesn't take any effort to maintain. However, since that's not an option I'm going to be upgrading to leather when I order later this year, and then I'll just spring for ventilated seats while I'm at it. Hopefully they correct the MB-Tex problem when the facelift comes along.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:01 PM

Honda Accord
Originally Posted by MB300AMG
No option of full MB-Tex, since MB and other manufacturers like Porsche are trying to market Dynamica as this sporty material, even though it's technically cheap and wears out easily.

I would also prefer full MB-Tex as I've had it on previous cars and my current car, and it still looks like new and doesn't take any effort to maintain. However, since that's not an option I'm going to be upgrading to leather when I order later this year, and then I'll just spring for ventilated seats while I'm at it. Hopefully they correct the MB-Tex problem when the facelift comes along.
This is what I thought but I thought I'd ask. Shame really as MB-Tex is the way to go I feel. So I'll go with the leather option BUT I wanted the full black leather interior with red stitching. Looks like this is NOT an option with the 2017 models. Will they have this leather with red stitching option with the 2018's? I sure hope so.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:27 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by CroMecka
This is what I thought but I thought I'd ask. Shame really as MB-Tex is the way to go I feel. So I'll go with the leather option BUT I wanted the full black leather interior with red stitching. Looks like this is NOT an option with the 2017 models. Will they have this leather with red stitching option with the 2018's? I sure hope so.
Based on the Dealer Ordering Guide for the 2018s, it appears to be an option.
Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
CroMecka (06-13-2017)
Old 06-13-2017, 05:36 PM

Honda Accord
Originally Posted by MB300AMG
Based on the Dealer Ordering Guide for the 2018s, it appears to be an option.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:42 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow

I have black leather with red stitching on my '17 GLC43.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:17 PM

Honda Accord
Originally Posted by ble2716
I have black leather with red stitching on my '17 GLC43.
Yes you are correct. The 2017 do have the leather with red stitching. I thought it was just black leather. Anyway though, I can't order 17's anymore so it's good to see the 18's have the same option!
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 06-21-2017, 11:58 PM

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Mercedes GLC43
i have the black leather with light gray stitching on my GLC43. Its great.

after buying the GLC43 bought a BMW with the BMW Tex or whatever they call it (blew the budget on the GLC43) and frankly it really impressed me. It smells as good or better than the leather in the GLC

before I would have frowned on these cheaper artificial materials but now I'm a convert